Ulster Intermediate and Junior Football Championships 2011

Started by DownFanatic, September 22, 2011, 12:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Good to see Ballymena doing well. Their midfield is a serious midfield for intermediate. No. 15, who I think is still a minor, had a cracking game too.

Irvinestown probably had the more dangerous forwards but Logan and McVeigh cleaned up in midfield so much so that they barely saw the ball. I thought Goan was going to do a bit of damage second half when he started pushing up but thankfully he only broke through with a couple of runs. A lot of pace in the forwards but must be a young team as all very light.

Be interesting to see what they do against the Armagh champs though I suspect whoever wins this one will probably get well beat in the final.

Radda bout yeee

Kildress fell at the first hurdle yesterday. Came down to two factors in my opinion. Referee/officials and poor management by Kildress after losing a man.
Looked like Kildress would cruise home when they went 0-8 to 0-3 up 10 mins into second half.
Carrickmacross started to rough Kildress up and unfortunately and stupidly Kildress responded to this. How the ref gave a yello to two C'macross players and a red to Kildress player is beyond me.
After Kildress 7 came in late with the shoulder Carrick man headbutted him and a player has told me his marker from carrickmacross said to him 'Our man's away he's after headbutting your man!'  :-\
Anyway with a five point lead with 18 to go - We ran out of ideas - invited Carrickmacross to attack us and kick scores and to be fair they did that and ran out 3 point winners!
Very disappointed but good luck to Carrickmacross in the rest of the competition.

Square Ball

Bredagh fell at the first fence as well when we were beat by a single point, fair play to Burt and I hope they do well. this game turned when the ref got one of a few major calls wrong, he bottled sending one of the Burt players off. he was already booked and the ref went to him taking the book out, seen he was booked and put it back. this guy went on to score the winning point, great point mind you but he shouldn't have been on the pitch.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Any craic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Any craic on October 31, 2011, 03:33:48 PM
Who's across Culloville? Are they good?

Who's across???? Well if you mean who's over them, the other half of the Mac boys, John and they are a handy side. Their game with All Saints will be a cracker I'd say.

stew

How long before we see the McEntee's head up the county side, they are said to be top class coaches in their own right.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JHume

Good, hard fought, game in Letterkenny yesterday. Bredagh are a fair step up from the standard of teams Burt faced in the Donegal Junior Championship.
Mindful of Bredagh's high scoring exploits in the Down championship, Burt set themsevles up to contain them defensively although that worked better in the second half than the first.
As for the referee bottling it, while he had a decent game in general, he issued far too many yellow cards. Our stat man was telling me he showed 12 yellows (5 for Burt, 7 for Bredagh) - the game didn't warrant that. And his decision to start penalising open handed handpasses for the second half was bizarre.
He red carded one of the Burt players right at the death too, but that will be appealed.
Burt now play Cremartin or Shercock in the semi final, and will get a chance to see them in action in Clones next Sunday - their Ulster hurling final v Creggan Kickhams is the curtainraiser to the replay between the Monaghan and Cavan champions.
Thank you Ulster Council.  ;)

sammymaguire

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 31, 2011, 03:40:25 PM
Quote from: Any craic on October 31, 2011, 03:33:48 PM
Who's across Culloville? Are they good?

Who's across???? Well if you mean who's over them, the other half of the Mac boys, John and they are a handy side. Their game with All Saints will be a cracker I'd say.

Oul Fermanagh colloquialism that one BC but ya understood it!  :)  :)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Radda bout yeee

http://www.dmcaphotography.com/kildress-vs-carrickmacross/#more-1047

Read this match report and even look at the photos (in particular the sending off picture) to you get a feeling of how hard done by the Kildress folk feel.

And before you ask the guy who wrote and took pictures lives closer to monaghan than he does to Kildress - I would consider his view point neutral!

imtommygunn

Radda bout yeee

Yes Gregory Walsh. I have a contact in his home club who assures me he's not the best.

I think he might have cost Enniskillen a good victory over Errigal a few years back when he issued Daisy McDermott two yellows and let him play on only for Daisy to pop up with the winning point.  :o

HiMucker

Quote from: JHume on October 31, 2011, 03:55:32 PM
Good, hard fought, game in Letterkenny yesterday. Bredagh are a fair step up from the standard of teams Burt faced in the Donegal Junior Championship.
Mindful of Bredagh's high scoring exploits in the Down championship, Burt set themsevles up to contain them defensively although that worked better in the second half than the first.
As for the referee bottling it, while he had a decent game in general, he issued far too many yellow cards. Our stat man was telling me he showed 12 yellows (5 for Burt, 7 for Bredagh) - the game didn't warrant that. And his decision to start penalising open handed handpasses for the second half was bizarre.
He red carded one of the Burt players right at the death too, but that will be appealed.
Burt now play Cremartin or Shercock in the semi final, and will get a chance to see them in action in Clones next Sunday - their Ulster hurling final v Creggan Kickhams is the curtainraiser to the replay between the Monaghan and Cavan champions.
Thank you Ulster Council.  ;)
Was Mickey "turbo tan" McCann playing or is he retired?

JHume

McCann is injured, hasn't played in a month. Doubtful for Sunday's Junior Hurling Final v Creggan Kickhams too.

HiMucker

Tell him to come up and walk my greyhounds as part of his rehab!

Shortso79

Half time

Eire Og 0-2 Derrytresk 0-6

Eire Og down to 14 men