Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on January 31, 2023, 03:33:52 PM
Strange move by Croke Park to reopen the age grade debate, when it was settled and clubs preparing for leagues staring in a few weeks. I think moving to even numbers for this year, at this stage, is too unsettling - especially with decoupling meaning that 18 year old could not feature for senior or senior reserve teams. Presumably Feile will stick with u15, so would our county u14 champions feature if that was the case?
Agree with all this Brendan

johnnycool

Strange move by Croke Park to reopen the age grade debate, when it was settled and clubs preparing for leagues staring in a few weeks. I think moving to even numbers for this year, at this stage, is too unsettling - especially with decoupling meaning that 18 year old could not feature for senior or senior reserve teams. Presumably Feile will stick with u15, so would our county u14 champions feature if that was the case?

Feile will in all likely run as a separate competition at U15 played over a weekend like last year with the various group winners going to the respective National/regional feiles now played out on the same day.

How Antrim decide to age grade the other competitions is up to them, but if half of Ulster go U17 and the other half U18 then how do the likes of St Pauls run their Ulster minor football tournament??

Croke Park have made a right pigs ear of this yet again

barnish oggie

Quote from: johnnycool on January 31, 2023, 03:51:41 PM

Feile will in all likely run as a separate competition at U15 played over a weekend like last year with the various group winners going to the respective National/regional feiles now played out on the same day.

How Antrim decide to age grade the other competitions is up to them, but if half of Ulster go U17 and the other half U18 then how do the likes of St Pauls run their Ulster minor football tournament??

Croke Park have made a right pigs ear of this yet again

Last year there was an u14 Og Sport competition (won by PG1 in Antrim) despite the age groups being u13 and u15.

So there should be some flexibility with teams if Feile remains u15.

BigBallWeeBall

What about Co squads for minor. Are they 17 or 18 or is this up for debate also

delgany

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on January 31, 2023, 06:21:07 PM
What about Co squads for minor. Are they 17 or 18 or is this up for debate also
County squads will continue at odd numbers.
If clubs go with even years, 18 yr old minors will not be able to play adult competitions.
so lads would ve have started training as a senior player but will be relegated to minors, next week  - if clubs go u18 ! A complete farce by CP

paddyjohn

Quote from: Would ye whist on January 31, 2023, 01:31:01 PM
Seriously??

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 31, 2023, 01:13:15 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 31, 2023, 12:40:14 PM
I would assume the minor league fixtures will be pushed back a month to give teams time to prepare?

Starting on the 12th of Feb. 11am starts.

That's what I was told but I'd say it was a piss take

delgany

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 31, 2023, 08:52:28 PM
Quote from: Would ye whist on January 31, 2023, 01:31:01 PM
Seriously??

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 31, 2023, 01:13:15 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 31, 2023, 12:40:14 PM
I would assume the minor league fixtures will be pushed back a month to give teams time to prepare?

Starting on the 12th of Feb. 11am starts.

Football 6th March  Hurling 26th March - team selection TBC !!!!

That's what I was told but I'd say it was a piss take

north aontroim gael

When do Antrim make their decision on age grades for 2023? Is there any early indication as to what the likely consensus amongst club delegates is likely to be?

paddyjohn

The Saffrom Merchant

hi guys, newbie here  ;D. Wasn't sure on what topic to make my v. first post on but here goes- What are everyone's thoughts on how minor championship/league may turn out? Taking into consideration this decision being made on Monday about the county reforming back to the u18 structure of course. I find it hard to pick out a winner but one things for sure: Glenravel's success last year will NOT I repeat NOT be repeated. If anything it was pure luck they made it past the quarter final. Thoughts?

jmcgdoire

north aontroim gael

Quote from: The Saffrom Merchant on February 01, 2023, 02:41:14 PM
hi guys, newbie here  ;D. Wasn't sure on what topic to make my v. first post on but here goes- What are everyone's thoughts on how minor championship/league may turn out? Taking into consideration this decision being made on Monday about the county reforming back to the u18 structure of course. I find it hard to pick out a winner but one things for sure: Glenravel's success last year will NOT I repeat NOT be repeated. If anything it was pure luck they made it past the quarter final. Thoughts?

Big hello to Glenravel's Minor Manager! Trying to bring a siege mentality to the team this year.....I love it.

Southwestsaffs

Quote from: north aontroim gael on February 01, 2023, 04:33:52 PM
Quote from: The Saffrom Merchant on February 01, 2023, 02:41:14 PM

Big hello to Glenravel's Minor Manager! Trying to bring a siege mentality to the team this year.....I love it.

Thinks he's slick NAG, glenravel always into those mind games from day wan. I mind many a time a game would be played on the 'wee' pitch instead of their good pitch, simply due to mind games. Have to admire them for their efforts in this field.

Thinks he's slick

realisticsaff

Any idea when the club leagues start and when the fixtures will be released?

delgany

Quote from: realisticsaff on February 01, 2023, 05:53:46 PM
Any idea when the club leagues start and when the fixtures will be released?

Football 5th March  & Hurling 26th.
Fixs dates start of Feb
Actual fixtures 24th  Feb approx