NFL Division Three 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Quote from: downtothecore on March 03, 2023, 09:46:26 PM
It is good to have him involved. We will need them all against the MIGHTY cavan.

How's the Down support travelling? I would expect a big turnout for Cavan on Sunday.

harryR

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 03, 2023, 07:43:50 PM
Wouldn't have him near it, wouldn't play for Down when they weren't going well. Derry never invited bck the same type of lads with that attitude even though I thought it make us stronger.

What players in Derry have done that? To my recognition all the main players that have been asked up, since the division 4 days, have all agreed and been on the panel

Nanderson

Cavan look to have sealed the win against Down from a goal from a phantom mark

Westside

Straightforward enough in the end for Cavan. I would have thought Laverty would show more ambition but he came and put 15 behind the ball from the start.

Down moved the ball very well through the hands in fairness. 

Eugene Brannigan had lovely socks on.

mrdeeds

Down lads look like they were in the tanning beds.

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on March 05, 2023, 04:04:27 PM
Straightforward enough in the end for Cavan. I would have thought Laverty would show more ambition but he came and put 15 behind the ball from the start.

Down moved the ball very well through the hands in fairness. 

Eugene Brannigan had lovely socks on.

They covered his chicken legs very well

rodney trotter

Cavan started off very slow but dominated the second half. The first half was poor quality .Mckiernan first appearance off the year and he got a few good scores near the end. Lynch becoming a marquee forward for Cavan. Took the first goal really well,showed good strength to get past 2 players

Down had bits of good play. the goal was well taken but not enough consistency in their play. They scored 1 -1 in the first few minutes and only 1 point in the remainder of first half

grounded

Cavan much the better side. Much more physical and clinical at the death.  The ref had an absolute stinker and gifted Cavan a plethora of scores. Cavan goimg to division 2. Definitely the best team in this division but not by as much as i thought. Down are in very early days of rebuilding but in a better place than we were.

Westside

How were Cavan gifted scores? I actually felt Down got a fair few soft frees. The ref got the mark call wrong which lead to the Cavan goal. He was fussy and didn't allow the quick free which slowed up Down a few times. He was inconsistent in how he judged the tackle too.

I'd have questions over the temperament of Laverty on the line. The roaring and shouting as the players came off at half time started that incident, a poor decision to raise the stakes playing a more experienced team away from home. There was a lot of feigning injury from Down too, not great to see.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Westside on March 05, 2023, 06:09:50 PM
How were Cavan gifted scores? I actually felt Down got a fair few soft frees. The ref got the mark call wrong which lead to the Cavan goal. He was fussy and didn't allow the quick free which slowed up Down a few times. He was inconsistent in how he judged the tackle too.

I'd have questions over the temperament of Laverty on the line. The roaring and shouting as the players came off at half time started that incident, a poor decision to raise the stakes playing a more experienced team away from home. There was a lot of feigning injury from Down too, not great to see.

The Down goalie laying down holding face, then the Down player down injured and he got up and done a sprint the length of pitch. Way too much feigning injury in gaelic now. Down were hard to break down but were never gonna keep up the sprinting back levels second half.

imtommygunn

The reality is that Lavery feigned injury a lot as a player so it will probably creep into down's game a lot more.

Big statement by Westmeath today too  :(

Longford looked to give Offaly their fill of it.

rodney trotter

4-27 was some scoring by Westmeath. McEntee must have been like a bull on the sidelines.

Itchy

I've always loved the swash buckling Down football and theyre a county with a great tradition of football so it was kind of sad to see how they set up, barely ever kicked a ball and all the feigning of injury. The first half was pure shite, Cavan looked to have no intensity. James Smith came on at HT and from throw in caught the ball, flattened Downs midfielder and stormed forward to set up a point. Cavan intensity went up a notch and Down didn't really have an answer. Indeed when they had to chase the game the fragility of their defence was laid bare. Great to see Gearoid back, what a Mark he made too. He'll be some weapon inside if he gets the service.

FermGael

Good win against a very poor Tipperary team.
We should have won by more.

Sets it up for the next game against Westmeath.
Winner will probably be promoted .
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Shamrock Shore

Relegation will be between Longford, Antrim and Tipp.

We played better yesterday than the previous 3 but still too many defensive mistakes and 16 wides tells the tale.

It may go down to our last game at home v Antrim. Winner stays up.