The Christmas Gift ideas thread

Started by Christmas Lights, December 11, 2013, 02:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: J OGorman on December 12, 2013, 09:18:19 AM
I started a tradition a few years back of giving the wife a photo album  containing photos of the year just past...she loves it. Has a laugh and wee cry in equal measures and it travels around with us when visiting family and relatives.
I stumbled across beauty stuff whilst doing a last minute shop a couple of years ago in Debenhams called 'Origins'..you can buy as few or as many items as you need and they gift wrap it...body lotions and the like. She absolutely loves it. Not the cheapest though
I always wrap a box of dishwasher tablets or non-bio too for the craic
Christ I'd say people love ye when they see you coming with yer photos  ;)
I remember one Christmas we had a couple over who were just recently married. What did they bring with them only their Wedding DVD and photos.
I've never even watched my own wedding dvd ffs why would I want to watch someone else's  ::)
2 and half hours sitting through that muck and then we had to look at a few hundred photos. Never invited them back again.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on December 11, 2013, 04:43:42 PM
This time last year my wife received a Christmas card from her uncle in England. He always had £20 in it. The envelope landed through our door open. No money inside. The uncle was contacted and he did indeed send the money. Dunno if when they were robbing us they didn't just scrap the card totally.

Also two ipods that were ordered as gifts were left outside the porch in the rain. Not under the porch like.

received a couple of letters in the post recently that had been opened. fortunately there had been nothing valuable inside them.
just shows that this sort of thing is still rife.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on December 12, 2013, 10:17:59 AM
I started a tradition a few years back of giving the wife a photo album  containing photos of the year just past...she loves it. Has a laugh and wee cry in equal measures and it travels around with us when visiting family and relatives.
I stumbled across beauty stuff whilst doing a last minute shop a couple of years ago in Debenhams called 'Origins'..you can buy as few or as many items as you need and they gift wrap it...body lotions and the like. She absolutely loves it. Not the cheapest though
I remember one Christmas we had a couple over who were just recently married. What did they bring with them only their Wedding DVD and photos.
I've never even watched my own wedding dvd ffs why would I want to watch someone else's  ::)
2 and half hours sitting through that muck and then we had to look at a few hundred photos. Never invited them back again.

But you told me you enjoyed the DVD and photos? And when we call, you tell us that you've "cowboy builders in" and its not ready for guests?  :(

J OGorman

good craic, I know what you mean. Mon and watch us in Bundoran, its only 6 hours of footage! I hand over the pics, thats my job done. My ma and motherlaw like going through them with a wee Eggnog or 2

moysider

I m married so long it's on tape!

Like you I ve never seen it. Almost 20 years now anyway and a lot of the guests are now at the great banquet in the sky. Wouldn t have the heart to watch it now.

take_yer_points

I just did that exact thing this morning - ordered online. Hoping it'll get there in time as it says it takes a few days to put together.

Under Lights

My wife done something similar for her mother. We had our first child this year, and it' the first grandchild on their side, so the album full of photos of the wee doll.
She's 10 months old now and getting the following from Santa:
V Tech Walker
Raa Raa the Lion doll
A Furreal Walking Cat
A real Goldfish (bought the tank couple of months back)