Started by screenexile, March 06, 2024, 11:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

tonto1888

Quote from: Eire90 on March 07, 2024, 11:08:19 AMhow they getting time off work

how does anybody get time off work?

RedHand88

Armagh18

Quote from: Mario on March 07, 2024, 10:19:48 AMI'm supportive of it. The Derry lads have shown a ridiculous level of commitment the past 3 or 4 years and deserve some of the benefits you get from being a top team. They are probably taking in £150k in gate receipts at every home game these days so why not spend some of that on the players.
Yeah absolutely. Wouldn't begrudge any county man that given how much they sacrifice.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Mario on March 07, 2024, 10:19:48 AMI'm supportive of it. The Derry lads have shown a ridiculous level of commitment the past 3 or 4 years and deserve some of the benefits you get from being a top team. They are probably taking in £150k in gate receipts at every home game these days so why not spend some of that on the players.

It will add to the commitment, a week of hard training than a holiday.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

johnnycool

trailer

It's not a holiday. It will be training sessions, recovery, video work and with Harte probably lots of Mass.

Warm weather is brilliant for working on shape and set plays. Boys aren't foundered watching. You can set up plays and the likes and do walk throughs. Stuff that is harder to do when it's blowing a gale and maybe you only need 6 or 7 in at anytime and rest are standing watching getting soaked.

trailer

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on March 07, 2024, 01:45:15 PMIt's not a holiday. It will be training sessions, recovery, video work and with Harte probably lots of Mass.

Warm weather is brilliant for working on shape and set plays. Boys aren't foundered watching. You can set up plays and the likes and do walk throughs. Stuff that is harder to do when it's blowing a gale and maybe you only need 6 or 7 in at anytime and rest are standing watching getting soaked.

Be enjoyable experience as well as getting plenty of work done. As you say far better doing set plays etc in the warm weather.

Wildweasel74

Well on a hot day in clones. It be a bigger benefit training in hotter weather, though giving its Ireland, a training session at home, u get 4 seasons in 1 day.

lurganblue

JP money being put to good use then

Armagh18

Quote from: lurganblue on March 08, 2024, 11:05:10 AMJP money being put to good use then
Even though it went to the clubs?

lurganblue

Captain Obvious

Quote from: clarshack on March 07, 2024, 09:09:11 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 06, 2024, 11:38:15 PM
Quote from: Gazboy on March 06, 2024, 11:23:44 PMSo where are Derry squad supposed to going on warm weather training camp???
With Mickey Harte probably a week of prayers in Fatima or Lourdes.

would you mock a Muslim for their beliefs especially the ones that pray in Croke Park each year or is it just the likes of Harte that's fair game to you?

Mock? a man of his faith would choose one of those places for his travels.  Going by his time with Tyrone he little time for these warm weather training camps.

QuoteI couldn't expect My players to take time off work and leave their families for GAA.

"I just try to think on behalf of the players and their families. I think it is a big ask to ask players to down tools, leave work, leave their families and go away to head off for that length of time."

"If we got a big decent weekend, from Friday to Sunday, I would be more than happy with that. I think we have lots of good facilities here and we don't need to go any further than that.

"That's just my opinion and the way I look at it, other people decide to go other places. Obviously, they get value out of that, but I have never asked that of our players over all the years I have been with them and I don't intend to do that either."

trailer

Harte loved Carlton house for the old Tyrone getaways.... Up until it changed hands that is.