4. Bernard Brogan
5. Matt Connor
6. Mikey Sheehy
7. Padraic Joyce
8. Bomber Liston
9. Conor McManus
10. Mickey Linden
11. Con O'Callaghan

Once again the the Cork and Meath teams of the late 80's early 90's completely ignored!

Speaking of Cork, I see you can vote for Phillip Clifford, but not Colin Corkery. Obviously Corkery wouldn't make the final team but the way they've set the whole thing up is quite bizarre.

No disrespect to Clifford, who was a decent player, but he would hardly be among the first to spring to mind when you think back to the late 90s and first half of the 2000s. Corkery was a superb player, bags of outrageous skill. Wonder how he would have done these days with the back door and serious training to get a bit of the weight off?

BennyCake

Corkery reminded me of Matt Le Tissier. Carrying a few pounds, but was great to watch. He developed his game and became a great passer of the ball. I doubt he'd be involved in county football had he come along now. There's no place for players like that, sadly.

shark

Quote from: BennyCake on May 19, 2020, 02:41:32 PM
Corkery reminded me of Matt Le Tissier. Carrying a few pounds, but was great to watch. He developed his game and became a great passer of the ball. I doubt he'd be involved in county football had he come along now. There's no place for players like that, sadly.

Was carrying more than a few - but only after he had health issues. As late as 1995, when he would have been mid 20's, he was lean and in shape. His kicking performance in the Munster Final that year was outrageous. Cork haven't won in Killarney since.

From the Bunker

Corkery was fast over ten yards for his size and weight which helped winning loose ball. Once he had possession that was that. Remember him often scoring scoring with him crouched with hands on knees to catch his breath.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on May 19, 2020, 02:41:32 PM

Was his body shape and different than say Sean Quigley?

rodney trotter

Corkery was offered a trial to be a kicker in American Football at one stage.