Cork V Limerick Munster Football final

Started by Zulu, July 01, 2009, 11:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

So, are Cork not as good as we all thought? And what does that say about Kerry?

Maguire01

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 05, 2009, 03:41:26 PM
Limerick left that one behind them. Feel sorry for guys like John Galvin and Stephen Lavin. They deserve a Munster medal and today might have been their best chance.

Great to see two teams who actually wanted to play football. Makes a welcome change from the crap that was subjected upon the nation last night.
How melodramatic!  :D Did you lose your remote control as well?

Main Street

I only saw the 2nd half, thought it was dreadful football, the first half must have been superb to call that a good game.
The second half was foul ridden even with a lenient ref, defensive, awful play from the forwards, those who were actually in their opponents half.
Typical brilliant Cork goal to win it.

Trevor Hill

Good enough first half, poor second half. Cork can feel very lucky, I dont think that was a penalty.

Jinxy

Limerick left that one behind them. Feel sorry for guys like John Galvin and Stephen Lavin. They deserve a Munster medal and today might have been their best chance.

Great to see two teams who actually wanted to play football. Makes a welcome change from the crap that was subjected upon the nation last night.

Here here.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Jinxy on July 05, 2009, 03:56:13 PM

Here here.

yesterdays game was very bad, but that statement is a bit harsh. both teams still managed more scores in the 70mins than in the game today. Cork-limerick 19 scores Monaghan-Armagh 20 scores

Jinxy

Quote from: Main Street on July 05, 2009, 03:47:17 PM
I only saw the 2nd half, thought it was dreadful football, the first half must have been superb to call that a good game.
The second half was foul ridden even with a lenient ref, defensive, awful play from the forwards, those who were actually in their opponents half.
Typical brilliant Cork goal to win it.

In the first half Limericks forwards were excellent with some fantastic scores from play.
Limerick tired noticeably in the 2nd half and started giving away a lot of frees.
There's a difference between that and the constant negativity from the throw-in which we saw last night.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

Enjoyable match. Two teams who went at each other and worked hard to get the ball back without having to put everyone in their own half or continuously niggle and clip each other. Felt sorry for Limerick, would have been great to see them make a breakthrough - I had no idea it was so long ago since they won a Munster. I still think Cork will be in contention at the business end of the season. I think they have plenty of room for improvement beyond their performance today.

ross4life

any result on the Minor final, kerry v tipp
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

JMohan

Limerick were outstanding and there was nothing flukey about their game play ... they were outstanding and had a great game pan too

Dinny Breen

Quotethey were outstanding and had a great game pan too

agree with that except they didn't have the stamina to see it through and were visibly tired in the 2nd and gave away a lot of easy frees, definitely the template to beat Cork but in fairness to Cork their Plan B the direct ball in was the winning of the game.

Very enjoyable game, great football in the 1st half and some nice tactical and intense football in the 2nd half yes there was some cynical fouling but a good game overall.
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Bensars

A bit more experience from limerick and some killer instinct when they had cork on the ropes would have seen them over the line.

I thought it was a entertaining game, vastly superior to the rubbish served up last night ( televised game)

JMohan

Cork not conceding a goal or Limerick not having that threat was a big factor too