Why Larry Reilly is better than either Pele or Maradona

Started by lynchbhoy, February 19, 2008, 05:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

got this in an email from a friend of mine - had to post it as it cracked me up

>>People thought Pele was great because he played for Brazil in the WorldCup when he was seventeen.
When Larry was seventeen he was playing withKnockbride minors, Knockbride junior B's, the odd senior game, St. Brigidsu21's, Bailieborough schools u18's, the Cavan Vocational schools team, AND the Cavan Minors.

>>Maradona may have used the hand of God to beat England,
but only Larrycould get away with hoping the ball twice and scoring the equalising pointin an Ulster final.

>>Pele and Maradona would run the length of the field, go around every opposition player including the goalkeeper and tap it into the empty net,
Larry just runs to the corner and scores from there.

>>Because there's only one great team play in blue and white, and it's notArgentina.

>>Pele and Maradona had some of the world's greatest ever players playingalongside them. Who had Larry?

>>I've never seen Pele bust through two Aussie Rules players and come outwith the ball.

>>Pele and Maadona played in some of the biggest and finest stadiums in theworld, but you'd never see them scoring 1-8 against Killagarry of a winters evenin'.

>>There'd be no point in ringing Maradona if you had a pipe leaking ..

>>Larry Reilly says shin gaurds are for babies.

>>Pele and Maradona may have come up against defenders from every corner ofthe world but did they ever skin Francie Bellew?...Larry sure did.

>>You always hear players being branded 'the new Maradona', or 'the new Pele'. You'll never hear anyone being called 'the new Larry'. You know why?...Because there'll only ever be one Larry Reilly.

:D :D

Homer

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 19, 2008, 05:01:23 PM

>>Pele and Maradona had some of the world's greatest ever players playingalongside them. Who had Larry?

>>You always hear players being branded 'the new Maradona', or 'the new Pele'. You'll never hear anyone being called 'the new Larry'. You know why?...Because there'll only ever be one Larry Reilly.

:D  :D  :D

G'wan Larry!

mylestheslasher

We've just has a new member posting on the Cavan thread calling himself "Lawrence of Knockbride". It could be the great man himself! Larry was always good craic to watch. I remember in a league game a few years ago against Meath in Breffni Larry was giving Mark Reilly of Meath a serious roasting. One time he goes flying past him doing a solo every 2 steps (just in case) and then solos the ball up onto his forehead (intentionally of course) straight back into his hands and then bangs it over the bar. We'll miss the entertainment in Cavan if Larry is done playing for us.

Orior

Classic thread and there's only 3 posts so far. Larry has always been great entertainment.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Onlooker

I agree that Larry Reilly is as good as Pele or Maradona, but he is years younger than either of them!!!!.

mylestheslasher

OK - remembered another one. The year was 1996. The game was an U21 all ireland semi against Meath. It went to a replay but I think this incident happened in the 1st game. Larry and Peter Reilly were both on the Cavan team. 1996 was the year of the "one in all in" rule, as soon as a row started everone got involved so the ref couldn't send you off. What happened was that Peter was fouled and a dirty meath hoor booted the ball into his face as he lay on the ground. All hell broke loose and a big pile of bodies lay on the 45. Then Larry, seeing his brother on the bottom of a pile up, sprints from corner foward like only Larry can. He was there in a nano second. He then launched himself Kung Fu style at the pile of bodies feet first like Bruce Lee. But Larry was travelling so fast that he mis judged the trajectory and completely missed the pile up landing clear on the other side of it. It was some crash landing and was just pure Larry ;D

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 19, 2008, 05:01:23 PM
got this in an email from a friend of mine - had to post it as it cracked me up

>>People thought Pele was great because he played for Brazil in the WorldCup when he was seventeen.
When Larry was seventeen he was playing withKnockbride minors, Knockbride junior B's, the odd senior game, St. Brigidsu21's, Bailieborough schools u18's, the Cavan Vocational schools team, AND the Cavan Minors.

>>Maradona may have used the hand of God to beat England,
but only Larrycould get away with hoping the ball twice and scoring the equalising pointin an Ulster final.

>>Pele and Maradona would run the length of the field, go around every opposition player including the goalkeeper and tap it into the empty net,
Larry just runs to the corner and scores from there.

>>Because there's only one great team play in blue and white, and it's notArgentina.

>>I've never seen Pele bust through two Aussie Rules players and come outwith the ball.

>>Pele and Maadona played in some of the biggest and finest stadiums in theworld, but you'd never see them scoring 1-8 against Killagarry of a winters evenin'.

>>Larry Reilly says shin gaurds are for babies.

>>Pele and Maradona may have come up against defenders from every corner ofthe world but did they ever skin Francie Bellew?...Larry sure did.

:D :D

:D :D :D

Brilliant stuff.

'There'd be no point in ringing Maradona if you had a pipe leaking' ..   I dunno about that.......................if it was a crack pipe  he might be arsed to mend it.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Only better. Chuck wouldnt stand a chance against Larry.

cavanmaniac

Good man lynchbhoy I had a proper good chuckle at that. Larry's a legend, we might never see his likes again.

Homer

Think I've lost count of how many times over the years I've heard something similar to this..

"Thats it Larry now let it in"
"Give it in!"
"Give it!"
"GIVE IT!"
"FOR F**K SAKE YA GREEDY HOOR WILL YA....!"
(Pause)
"YA F***IN' BEAUTY LARRY!"

I also recall a game a couple of years ago when some auld fella quipping that Larry Reilly must be the most content footballer ever, when someone asked why the old man replied "Sure isn't he as happy as Larry and living the life of Reilly"

Hardy

mylestheslasher

Last year against Sligo in the league one of the Sligo players went down injured and took of his boot and Larry went in and stole his boot and went jogging up the field with it!