Christmas presents for Girlfriends

Started by Galwaybhoy, November 29, 2007, 05:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthArmaghBandit

Gift vouchers are your only man! She'll love you for ever! £100 M&S hard to beat.

pintsofguinness

QuotePints, I hope you said that you picked it yourself.
Yeah, but I think she knew.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rois

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 29, 2007, 08:16:54 PM
Yeah, but I think she knew.

I bet you she knew 100% and loved you all the more for it

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Rois on November 29, 2007, 08:05:56 PM
OMG, totally forgot about a handbag!!!

Get her a Radley handbag - you can get them in Debenhams, House of Fraser (there's one in Dundrum for the Dubs), or in some boutique shops like one down the street at the back of Boots in Belfast.

The bags with the little Scottie dogs.

www.radley.co.uk

There are some highly dodgy ones in the collection though so have a browse and I'll tell you if I think a normal girl would like it.

(ps I was on secondment to Radley last year for a few months, I know lots and lots about them...and would still buy their handbags)

Yeah will have a look through there later on, and I will pick out ones that I think are nice, you can let me know what you think thanks.  A mate just told me a few minutes ago I'm worrying over nothing!

As for her not liking GAA, well I dont play hurling or football now (I'm only 22) so it dosent matter if she likes it or not.

Square Ball

Give her options, see what ones she likes and then pick one, your happy, shes happy and the element of surprize is still there.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

JimStynes

Quote from: Rois on November 29, 2007, 07:16:30 PM
Oh jaysus you're all hilarious on this!!!

Galwaybhoy, if I was going out with you and you got me a big present after a couple of months, I'd run for the hills.  

GHDs are the job but the £75-ebay ones are the old (Mk3) model (I presume, at that price) - there's a new MK4 model out now which is much better.  Obv check if she has them first as many (most) who want them have them at this stage.  And if they break, they're guaranteed for years.

Jewellery - hmmm, not sure about this one.  I don't really wear jewellery so wouldn't thank you for it.  

Perfume - very useful but not wildly personal.  Just buy it if you've been going out with her for ages and don't have to impress.

Me: would def prefer wkend away (to coincide with an away National League game but then not all girls would want that) if I was going out with you for a while or a new Tyrone jersey if it was a new relationship  :P.

I'd also quite like to go on a wine-tasting course so if you could find that (about £80 with Direct Wine Shipments in Belfast for four sessions).

Run a few more past me there..

No Rois i double checked they are the new ones. Some deal i got, the new ones are well over £100 i think.

Rois

Puckoon

Quote from: Rois on November 29, 2007, 08:05:56 PM
OMG, totally forgot about a handbag!!!

Get her a Radley handbag - you can get them in Debenhams, House of Fraser (there's one in Dundrum for the Dubs), or in some boutique shops like one down the street at the back of Boots in Belfast.

The bags with the little Scottie dogs.

www.radley.co.uk

There are some highly dodgy ones in the collection though so have a browse and I'll tell you if I think a normal girl would like it.

(ps I was on secondment to Radley last year for a few months, I know lots and lots about them...and would still buy their handbags)

I knew Mrs Puck backed a winner. ;D ;D ;D

Went for coach rois, this one. Should I take it back, or wrap it up?

SeanSouth

I just give her some green and she buys clothes with it, saves any hassle.

Rois

Depends on the age Puckoon...

If Mrs Puck is a 27-year-old then take it back.

If she's over 50, she'll prob like it.

Puckoon

:-[ :-\ :'(

T Fearon possessed me for a while there.

Well, its better than a CD.

I guess we will have to see on Christmas morning, Ive lost the receipt.

Bensars

Quote from: Rois on November 29, 2007, 10:24:50 PM
Depends on the age Puckoon...

If Mrs Puck is a 27-year-old then take it back.

If she's over 50, she'll prob like it.

;D ;D ;D   Unlucky Puckoon, looks like another trip to the store

Croí na hÉireann

Lads, it's simple, buy her something practical that she can use again and again and will speed up the "process" when ur heading out. But her a................

Ladyshave................
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

SeanSouth

You would need to be a right silly fcuker to buy her one of those handbags for about £300.........