Christmas presents for Girlfriends

Started by Galwaybhoy, November 29, 2007, 05:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Rois

Oh jaysus you're all hilarious on this!!!

Galwaybhoy, if I was going out with you and you got me a big present after a couple of months, I'd run for the hills.  

GHDs are the job but the £75-ebay ones are the old (Mk3) model (I presume, at that price) - there's a new MK4 model out now which is much better.  Obv check if she has them first as many (most) who want them have them at this stage.  And if they break, they're guaranteed for years.

Jewellery - hmmm, not sure about this one.  I don't really wear jewellery so wouldn't thank you for it.  

Perfume - very useful but not wildly personal.  Just buy it if you've been going out with her for ages and don't have to impress.

Me: would def prefer wkend away (to coincide with an away National League game but then not all girls would want that) if I was going out with you for a while or a new Tyrone jersey if it was a new relationship  :P.

I'd also quite like to go on a wine-tasting course so if you could find that (about £80 with Direct Wine Shipments in Belfast for four sessions).

Run a few more past me there..

Galwaybhoy

We have already talked about a weekend away and have decided on doing that between us already.

Dont even mention GAA Rois, thats not her thing at all. :D

pintsofguinness

Me: would def prefer wkend away (to coincide with an away National League game but then not all girls would want that) if I was going out with you for a while or a new Tyrone jersey if it was a new relationship 

But what if your boyfriend hates weekends away because the hotel or nothing is up to the standard he expects and he spends the entire time complaining to the point you just want to kill him - for example.

He doesn't like wine either.

What would you want then?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Galwaybhoy

Also Rois what would you consider a "big" (no pun intended) present, jewellery surely wouldnt fall under this category would it?

Puckoon

Quote from: Rois on November 29, 2007, 07:16:30 PM

Galwaybhoy, if I was going out with you and you got me a big present after a couple of months, I'd run for the hills.  

GHDs are the job but the £75-ebay ones are the old (Mk3) model (I presume, at that price) - there's a new MK4 model out now which is much better.  Obv check if she has them first as many (most) who want them have them at this stage.  And if they break, they're guaranteed for years.

Jewellery - hmmm, not sure about this one.  I don't really wear jewellery so wouldn't thank you for it.  

Perfume - very useful but not wildly personal.  Just buy it if you've been going out with her for ages and don't have to impress.

Me: would def prefer wkend away (to coincide with an away National League game but then not all girls would want that) if I was going out with you for a while or a new Tyrone jersey if it was a new relationship  :P.

I'd also quite like to go on a wine-tasting course so if you could find that (about £80 with Direct Wine Shipments in Belfast for four sessions).

With the present, or after returning it?

What would you like the year after?

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 29, 2007, 07:21:12 PM
We have already talked about a weekend away and have decided on doing that between us already.

Galwaybhoy - what kind of an operation are you running?

Wouldn't use an ipod?
Doesn't like the GAA
Wouldn't want to pick her own stuff.
Appears either very high maintenance, or very low.

Is this your girl?

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 29, 2007, 07:21:36 PM
Me: would def prefer wkend away (to coincide with an away National League game but then not all girls would want that) if I was going out with you for a while or a new Tyrone jersey if it was a new relationship 

But what if your boyfriend hates weekends away because the hotel or nothing is up to the standard he expects and he spends the entire time complaining to the point you just want to kill him - for example.

A new boyfriend Id imagine.

Also, surely if the boyfriend was responsible for buying the hotel - he'd be an absolute clown to pick one he didnt like?

Square Ball

Hardstation

have you a CD fetish or something  :D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Puckoon

A CD fetish? You know that CD is the accepted vernacular for cross dressers in the personal ads?

snowed under told me that

Square Ball

Quote from: Puckoon on November 29, 2007, 07:24:03 PM

Wouldn't use an ipod?
Doesn't like the GAA

Is this your girl?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on November 29, 2007, 07:25:01 PM

Also, surely if the boyfriend was responsible for buying the hotel - he'd be an absolute clown to pick one he didnt like?
:(

He mighten like anything other than his own bed!

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 29, 2007, 07:29:13 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on November 29, 2007, 07:25:01 PM

:(

Then Ive rehighlighted in bold as appropriate.

Plus Im assured most establishments have sausages on hand these days.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Puckoon on November 29, 2007, 07:24:03 PM

GHDs are the job but the £75-ebay ones are the old (Mk3) model (I presume, at that price) - there's a new MK4 model out now which is much better.  Obv check if she has them first as many (most) who want them have them at this stage.  And if they break, they're guaranteed for years.

Jewellery - hmmm, not sure about this one.  I don't really wear jewellery so wouldn't thank you for it. 

Perfume - very useful but not wildly personal.  Just buy it if you've been going out with her for ages and don't have to impress.

Me: would def prefer wkend away (to coincide with an away National League game but then not all girls would want that) if I was going out with you for a while or a new Tyrone jersey if it was a new relationship  :P.

Wouldn't use an ipod?
Doesn't like the GAA

Is this your girl?

:D :D
Shes just not really sporty, wouldnt be into I-Pods or technical stuff.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Translated as he's a tight hungry hoor  ;)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

No, he's not!

In fact, he'd happily pay to stay at home.