All Ireland Final 2007

Started by LegalEagle, July 02, 2007, 08:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegalEagle

If Tyrone beat Monaghan on Sunday will Tyrone avoid meeting Kerry until the final?

Mike Sheehy

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: LegalEagle on July 02, 2007, 08:31:22 PM
If Tyrone beat Monaghan on Sunday will Tyrone avoid meeting Kerry until the final?

Best way for Tyrone to avoid Kerry is by playing Mayo  ;D

ONeill

Is that you, Fergal Logan? If so, that match is on Sunday week you Harp Plank.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Why? Why would we want to?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 02, 2007, 11:07:28 PM

Please take Kerry out of it Please Please Please  :-\

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 02, 2007, 11:12:44 PM

No prob FS  :D

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 02, 2007, 11:20:04 PM

Thats what Johnno said when Pat O'Se asked him to take out Tyrone  :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 02, 2007, 11:35:36 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 02, 2007, 11:20:04 PM

Thats what Johnno said when Pat O'Se asked him to take out Tyrone  :D

If, only if, we beat Monaghan, we won't cross paths with Kerry until the ultimate hurdle, if both get that far. It's Connacht v Uladh, and Laighin v An Mhumhain this year. So you just might be meeting them yourselves FS in the not too distant future!  ;)

armaghniac

Well Mayo are in the qualifiers, and in there you wouldn't know who you would meet. We all know league form is the big predictor of the championship in recent years so I expect a Mayo/Donegal final with Mayo getting revenge for their league defeat. This will occur after Jack O'Connor takes out an injunction against the Kerry team using any of his tactics and the Tyrone team are arrested for carrying illegal dogs on their bus.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mannix

I reckon the same as your man on the irish independent, if daragh o se was not in midfield for kerry they would not be as strong by a long way, but he is and will drive them to another final this year because they are just two games away from it now.
Tyrone are unsteady when green and red are on the field with them, a bit like mayo with kerry except mayo would not be as cocky about it.Tyrone will not be certain of progressing against a mayo side managed by jom.I reckon even though the media have written Mayo out of the equation they could appear in an allireland and if the opponents were kerry it would be another non event.Dublin looked ok against poor teams this summer and will have a job beating the only decent side along with themselves  in leinster in the final.Dublin would not beat tyrone,mayo or kerry, just not good enough and pillar is not  grounded enough when the excitement starts,he is half the problem there.When whelan goes they will suffer badly too and despite him being a decent lad and clean player cosgrave really has no business on the team, pillars pet is a hindrance.
So my bet is kerry will walk to the final where either Tyrone or Mayo will meet them.Tyrone could win but Mayo would not.
This is assuming that kerry are  in the opposite draw to mayo and tyrone.I am not being biased by saying Mayo could be there again, I am sure they could were they to avoid kerry but thats the problem isn t it, 2007 ALLIRELAND NON EVENT   Kerry vs Mayo.

Barney

I think the Leinster/Munster and Ulster/Connacht draw only applies in the semis but that the quarters are an open draw this year. So no repeat of provincial finals in semis.

My call is for a first all Munster final come September. Kerry v Cork.

DUBSFORSAM1

Well Mayo have to get through the qualifiers first and that will be tough so saying they will get through them and then the provincial losers and winners is a tough ask....

Kerry are obviously favourites but again if they draw Cork or Armagh etc in the qtr-finals they could struggle especially if they pick up any injuries in midfield or defence

Tyrone still have to get past Monaghan and shoudl do that but again a tough qtr-final awaits and they have only had 1 decent win in last 18months...will be put in context by how Donegal do for the rest of the season...

Dublin should win Leinster (hopefully not as easy as last year) and again the qtr-final draw will be important...we would need a tough game more than an easy one... I do think we have solved so far 2 of the problems we had - 1 being full back where McConnell is starting to look far more at home and 2 Vaughan being the freetaker means a far higher likelihood of the pressure frees being kicked...so don't think we are far off the pace as some people seem to think....

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: mannix on July 03, 2007, 09:41:00 AM
Tyrone are unsteady when green and red are on the field with them, a bit like mayo with kerry except mayo would not be as cocky about it.Tyrone will not be certain of progressing against a mayo side managed by jom.

You're basing that on 2004, when we were going to win nothing anyway, and your victory over us, with respect, was nothing like Kerry's over you, on those two recent occasions. You were worthy winners on that occasion in 2004 against us, but just about.

And do you really think this Tyrone team would have the wobbles against this Mayo team? Just ask the Donegal lads.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Barney on July 03, 2007, 09:46:20 AM
I think the Leinster/Munster and Ulster/Connacht draw only applies in the semis but that the quarters are an open draw this year. So no repeat of provincial finals in semis.

Yes, the provincial winners of Leinster or Munster cannot meet the provincial winners of Ulster or Connacht before the final,  provided they both make that far and are not beaten by one of the qualifers in the quarters.