Ros V Donegal Hyde Park 21/7/18

Started by Rossfan, July 16, 2018, 12:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: dlgael on July 18, 2018, 08:01:29 AM
Classic photo. What year? Colm Anthony and Christy were only nippers. Re the game I am worried. If Roscommon hadn't shipped such a catastrophic defeat we'd be in a stronger position than now. It's unlikely we'll  win by a similar margin in the Hyde if we do win. We therefore need Dublin to win to make the Ballybofey game a simple winner takes all contest. Home advantage is a big plus for the Rossies on Saturday.

I don't scoring difference is going to matter at all. In the likely event of a Donegal and Dublin win this weekend then it comes down to a straight knock out in Ballybofey.

Blowitupref

Classic photo. What year? Colm Anthony and Christy were only nippers. Re the game I am worried. If Roscommon hadn't shipped such a catastrophic defeat we'd be in a stronger position than now. It's unlikely we'll  win by a similar margin in the Hyde if we do win. We therefore need Dublin to win to make the Ballybofey game a simple winner takes all contest. Home advantage is a big plus for the Rossies on Saturday.

The year is on the bottom of the photo.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Roscommon team named. Two changes with Brian Stack and Sean McDermott given starts.

Colm Lavin (Eire Og)
David Murray (Padraig Pearses)
Niall McInerney (St Brigids)
Sean McDermott (Western Gaels)
John McManus (Roscommon Gaels)
Fintan Cregg (Elphin)
Conor Devaney (Kilbride)
Tadgh O'Rourke (Tulsk)
Cathal Compton (Strokestown)
Ciarain Murtagh (St Faithleachs)
Niall Kilroy (Fuerty)
Enda Smith (Boyle)
Diarmuid Murtagh (St Faithleachs)
Brian Stack (St Brigids)
Cathal Cregg (Western Gaels)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

In effect Seànie and Brian Stack replace Niall Daly and Donie Smith.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orchard park

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 18, 2018, 09:59:59 AM

I don't scoring difference is going to matter at all. In the likely event of a Donegal and Dublin win this weekend then it comes down to a straight knock out in Ballybofey.

What happens if there  is a draw  in ballybofey  ???

Rossfan

ballinaman

Quote from: Rossfan on July 18, 2018, 11:30:54 PM
Niall Daly played for Pearses in Leo Kenny cup final in Bekan last night

Cunny Funt

Quote from: ballinaman on July 19, 2018, 08:24:31 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 18, 2018, 11:30:54 PM
Niall Daly played for Pearses in Leo Kenny cup final in Bekan last night
He's named on the Roscommon bench for this Saturday i see. A bit odd that we would be allowed to play for his club on a Wednesday night after starting for Roscommon last weekend.

Rossfan

Hmmmmmm. ......
Maybe management wanted him to get more "game time"??
I see Fitzmaurice is named on the bench too.
Will he go down in history as being the only Inter County player to have never played in anything but AI Qtr Finals? ?

Rossfan

This thread seems to have died!
Good luck to Ros today and hope they can pull a performance from somewhere.
It's hard to see us winning but let's hope we have one kick in us before we guarantee 4th place......

From the Bunker

Des Cahill in Hyde Park and on the Radio seems to be amazed that there are very few Rossie fans at the game?

Ringfort

tippabu

Brannigan not giving Donegal a whole lot so far

tippabu

Beginning to look ominous here, roscommon awful last 10/15 mins.

BennyHarp

Roscommon are clueless. One man up front and hoofing the ball in.
That was never a square ball!!