The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AQMP on February 23, 2018, 01:38:15 PM
There are a few important things Olding can't remember about his jeans.  Who took them off and what happened to them afterwards!
Fairly standard after drinking 16 pints
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2018, 01:39:48 PM
There are a few important things Olding can't remember about his jeans.  Who took them off and what happened to them afterwards!

Doesn't do the believability of his statements much favours.

AQMP

Quote from: Link on February 23, 2018, 01:38:34 PM
Quote from: AQMP on February 23, 2018, 01:33:39 PM
Going by Frank Greaney's tweets Jackson was interviewed by police four times.  In three of the four interviews he "No Commented".

He did make a comment in the first one but it was finished early due to "lack of pre-interview disclosure". Probably just doing what his solicitor told him to do.

What else are you looking him to say? The 3rd interview was fairly detailed which happened on the same day as the 2nd interview.

Just reporting the facts of the case.

screenexile

Seriously why the f**k do they start a trial @ 10am then finish it at 1/2pm?

Then the judge was giving out that they were behind schedule?

AZOffaly

Quote from: screenexile on February 23, 2018, 01:51:18 PM
Seriously why the f**k do they start a trial @ 10am then finish it at 1/2pm?

Then the judge was giving out that they were behind schedule?

In fairness, probably a lot to process at the end of a long week. Although they had yesterday off as well I suppose.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on February 23, 2018, 01:45:30 PM

Or any of them surely? They were all pissed, this was 3am in the morning back at a party were more drinks were drank. By all their admissions ythings were a bit hazy, I'm not surprised there is problems with the statements..

Was out on Saturday night, Thought I'd left the Harp bar around 2.30, got taxi home collapsed in bed.. Nope mate told me we left then tried to get in a nightclub, obviously we didnt get in (thank feck) then i went home! No recollection at all, and i thought i didnt have that much!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2018, 01:54:44 PM

Or any of them surely? They were all pissed, this was 3am in the morning back at a party were more drinks were drank. By all their admissions ythings were a bit hazy, I'm not surprised there is problems with the statements..

Was out on Saturday night, Thought I'd left the Harp bar around 2.30, got taxi home collapsed in bed.. Nope mate told me we left then tried to get in a nightclub, obviously we didnt get in (thank feck) then i went home! No recollection at all, and i thought i didnt have that much!

Were you able to find the clothes you had worn on Saturday the next day? ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AQMP on February 23, 2018, 01:56:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2018, 01:54:44 PM

Were you able to find the clothes you had worn on Saturday the next day? ;D

Just about...

magpie seanie

Going on Frank Greaney's tweets it looks like the Jackson's and Olding's stories differ. And they're contradicted by other evidence from various sources. If it does come down to who the jury believe is telling the truth......

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2018, 01:13:28 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 23, 2018, 01:00:12 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 23, 2018, 12:56:36 PM
Paddy Jackson's statement sounds less than convincing.

And Olding freely admitted to having downed the worth of 16 or 17 pints of alcohol before getting to the after-party at Jackson's House..

How he managed to produce that amount of semen after that amount of drinks is commendable

Ya. A real hero.  ::)

Pathetic comment.

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 23, 2018, 02:09:59 PM
Going on Frank Greaney's tweets it looks like the Jackson's and Olding's stories differ. And they're contradicted by other evidence from various sources. If it does come down to who the jury believe is telling the truth......

It does. As it was always likely to.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 23, 2018, 02:12:35 PM

And Olding freely admitted to having downed the worth of 16 or 17 pints of alcohol before getting to the after-party at Jackson's House..

How he managed to produce that amount of semen after that amount of drinks is commendable

Pathetic comment.

Ok, it was in bad taste...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 23, 2018, 02:12:57 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 23, 2018, 02:09:59 PM

It does. As it was always likely to.

I thought that was very telling. The only one who seems to be fairly consistent with their stories is the IP. Today's evidence is not good for Olding and Jackson as they come across as arrogant drunks who have contradictory stories. This will not sit well with the jury.

Owen Brannigan

From Frank Greaney in court:

Before going back to Paddy Jackson's house for an afters party, Stuart Olding tells police he drank:

8 tins of Carlsberg
4 pints of Guinness
2 Gin & Tonics
5 vodka lemonades
3 shots of Tequila and Sambuca

I'm not a drinker but I would have thought that this is a fair amount of alcohol to absorb and still be with your senses and on your feet.  Certainly giving a good impression of the off-season professional Ulster rugby player.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2018, 02:15:27 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 23, 2018, 02:12:35 PM

Pathetic comment.

Ok, it was in bad taste...

Thanks for acknowledging that. Fair play.