Author Topic: will maurice deegan punish kerry systematic fouling??  (Read 2147 times)

SecretsOfFatima

• View Profile
Re: will maurice deegan punish kerry systematic fouling??
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 01:21:11 PM »
Its not excuses , it's a genuine concern. The limerick robbery will hurt till the day I die, we were f cking robbed sin e.

Kerry are the dirty purists , they are the masters of deceit , the darkest nice bas tards you will ever encounter on a pitch and like all sporting teams with a rich history they will get the rub of the green.

The decision to not card enright in limerick was the most bizarre blatant cheat I have ever seen for example , it simply cannot be ever justified as reilly seen it , he awarded a penalty . Cheating basta

I'd love to know how a player not receiving a card equates to cheating. The referee is there to enforce the rules. If the referee doesn't make a decision, is the player supposed to go and beg for the card? There was no great conspiracy to arrange a Dublin Kerry final or whatever other nonsense is spewed out.

larryin89

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 03:00:01 PM »
Reilly cheated , he awarded a fooking penalty for a drag down . Totally different if he didnt award the penalty but he did and cheated by not carding , he.seen it obviously , why cant people accept this . He was fuming with the keegan overturn in which he made the call from the line in first game.
Not a sheep stole in Castlebar since 1986.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2017, 04:47:03 PM »
Listen Cormac Reilly did not want to do us any favours that day! That he wanted to continuously wanted to do favours for Kerry made it all the worse. What ever happened to him that day, he sure made it look like he had a serious bias against us. Has there ever been a referee display like it? It happened, we suffered, move on! These things will always happen to us. There is nothing we can do about it. You either dwell on them and get no where or you move on!

mrhardyannual

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2017, 05:15:44 PM »
Time for us to stop crying about referees even though I do feel some of the criticism is warranted. But you can't sit in a Mayo crowd before someone starts to f**k the ref into a knot when he gives any decision against us. It has become so ridiculous that it has drifted down to club football. I watched my own club play over the weekend and every decision made by the ref was met by howls on one side or the other. You would wonder if anyone in attendance knew any of the rules.
The simplest way to negate the influence of the ref is to stay at least four points clear of the opposition.

larryin89

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 05:23:16 PM »
Im not crying as such but im certainly not willing to accept that reilly didnt have a bee in.his bonnet on the day. If its put up to me reilly did wrong ,.ill fight my corner.

Kerry do influence refs better than any other side ive ever witnessed, I have yet to see players from any other county conduct themselves in the aggressive manner like kerry do when surrounding officials , Donaghy is a law onto himself in this regard ,gooch was a tit for it too. Ive yet to see Dublin or any other team go so close to what I would consider cute hoor intimidation , it just stops before physical confrontation, they are masters at it.

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 05:34:37 PM »
The decision to not card enright in limerick was the most bizarre blatant cheat I have ever seen for example , it simply cannot be ever justified as reilly seen it , he awarded a penalty . Cheating basta

It was a bottle job by Reilly and Enright should have walked which would have made a major impact on the game but f**king hell, get over it. Mayo, outside of the errors that went against them in that game, SHOULD still have seen it out, it was in their hands and they threw it away. It's a lack of introspection and the need for external scapegoats that for me, is the main reason Mayo haven't won the All Ireland they should have in the past 4 years.

larryin89

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 05:45:56 PM »
Again why do posters go off tangent like this.

1) I agree we are to blame for not beating Kerry in14, it was our doing , it was higgans that lost donoghue for the goal in croke park. It was hennelly who didnt give it one little bit more power to win it in limerick etc etc etc.

2) the referee made mistakes some of which were disgraceful.

3) we havent won an all Ireland because we have just been a bit short of the best team in Ireland .

4) we will be beat by Kerry the next day but it still takes nothing away from this great side and the pride theyve put into our county.

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 06:24:12 PM »

1) I agree we are to blame for not beating Kerry in14, it was our doing , it was higgans that lost donoghue for the goal in croke park. It was hennelly who didnt give it one little bit more power to win it in limerick etc etc etc.

3) we havent won an all Ireland because we have just been a bit short of the best team in Ireland .

4) we will be beat by Kerry the next day but it still takes nothing away from this great side and the pride theyve put into our county.

You're harping on about refereeing decisions 3 years ago when irrespective of that, Mayo should have seen the game out.

Mayo fans seem to have an obsession with the hard luck story and blaming the external factors as the reason for them not getting over the line. The reality of this is that, irrespective of these bad slices of luck or weird refereeing decisions, they had themselves in winning positions against Kerry and Dublin in each of the past 4 years and should have seen the job out bu the players collapsed or choked at these times. You might say it's cruel but it's the reality. If it was Dublin or Kerry or Tyrone that were in Mayo's shoes, I think you'd find that they would be a lot more internal focus on why they were not capitalising on being in these positions in huge moments, Cormac Reilly, overturned bans or unlucky own goals would not be the reference point for failing - it would be stuff like not converting chances, cheap frees, poor decision making, kick outs failing and that would be looked to improve upon.

You simply have to seize the moment when it's presented to you, irrespective of the bad breaks you may get along the way. Mayo are there with another chance this year, I think they could take Kerry but they've been repeating the same mistakes for four years now and until they eradicate them, they will continue to fall short.

Keane

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 11:38:01 AM »
Should have been a free out before the penalty anyway.

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2017, 01:28:03 PM »

You're harping on about refereeing decisions 3 years ago when irrespective of that, Mayo should have seen the game out.

Mayo fans seem to have an obsession with the hard luck story and blaming the external factors as the reason for them not getting over the line. The reality of this is that, irrespective of these bad slices of luck or weird refereeing decisions, they had themselves in winning positions against Kerry and Dublin in each of the past 4 years and should have seen the job out bu the players collapsed or choked at these times. You might say it's cruel but it's the reality. If it was Dublin or Kerry or Tyrone that were in Mayo's shoes, I think you'd find that they would be a lot more internal focus on why they were not capitalising on being in these positions in huge moments, Cormac Reilly, overturned bans or unlucky own goals would not be the reference point for failing - it would be stuff like not converting chances, cheap frees, poor decision making, kick outs failing and that would be looked to improve upon.

You simply have to seize the moment when it's presented to you, irrespective of the bad breaks you may get along the way. Mayo are there with another chance this year, I think they could take Kerry but they've been repeating the same mistakes for four years now and until they eradicate them, they will continue to fall short.

If memory serves me correctly Cormac Reilly has not refereed any match of significance since that debacle in Limerick.  Its not like he made one or two mistakes......I think Mayo could point to up to a dozen egregious decisions that he gave against them

He was so bad McEneaney pulled him off the referees panel and I don't think he has refer a serious Championship game since

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 02:16:13 PM »

If memory serves me correctly Cormac Reilly has not refereed any match of significance since that debacle in Limerick.  Its not like he made one or two mistakes......I think Mayo could point to up to a dozen egregious decisions that he gave against them

He was so bad McEneaney pulled him off the referees panel and I don't think he has refer a serious Championship game since

And many teams could point out to a dozen shocking decisions given against them in Championship games.

Mayo people seem to have short memories, it's only last year when McQuillan bottled out of sending O'Shea off in what was a pretty clearcut red card decisions and 5-10 minutes later, awards a phantom penalty when O'Shea made a fairly obvious dive in the penalty area which knocked Fermanagh out.

Cormac Reilly was not the reason Mayo lost that game. Despite the decisions he made that went against Mayo and I will agree it was a poor officiating performance that Mayo were on the receiving end of (though nowhere near the level that you are painting it out to be), Mayo still had within their grasp to win that game but their decision making and composure deserted them at the crunch and they lost.

The reason Mayo keep falling desperately short is when they fail, introspection is thrown out the window by fans and players, it's always someone else's fault - management, disciplinary bodies, referees, media pundits - and the commentary is very much one-eyed. I didn't hear much contrition to Fermanagh fans when McQuillan fucked them over last year and one of your own players cheated to rub the salt into the wound. Instead your manager and player were flat out denying the patently obvious.

I know Tyrone could quite easily hark on about the performance of Maurice Deegan in our last two semi-finals in 2013 and 2015. In 2013, he contrived four or five phantom frees for Mayo to slot over to keep them in touch in the first half before awarding a penalty for a foul outside the box that put Mayo in front just after the restart.

In 2015, he black carded McNamee for a yellow card offence, yellow carded Enright for a clear black card offence, denied McNulty a stonewall penalty near the end and booked him for diving, awarded a 45 to Kerry (way over the alloted injury time) which they pointed at end of the first half which went out off Kieran Donaghy, should have black carded David Moran in the first half and arguably should have had Marc O'Se sent off in the first 10 minutes.

Ultimately on both those occasions Tyrone can only have themselves to look at as to why they lost and not the referee.

In 2013, Mayo just ran us the ground in the end and were deserved winners - we weren't good enough then.
In 2015, we pissed away numerous goal chances and shanked a number of scorable frees wide. We threw it away.

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 02:24:46 PM »
Listen Cormac Reilly did not want to do us any favours that day! That he wanted to continuously wanted to do favours for Kerry made it all the worse. What ever happened to him that day, he sure made it look like he had a serious bias against us. Has there ever been a referee display like it?

Reilly's display that day is small fry compared to what I witnessed from Conor Lane in the Galway v Derry qualifier two years ago. Not only were Galway getting all the 50/50 calls, they were getting the ones which were 70/30 in Derry's favour too.

Orchard park

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2017, 02:29:31 PM »
Will he deal with Mayo off the ball fouling  ????

Any team at this stage is well versed in dark arts

joemamas

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 02:40:08 PM »

There is a difference between a referee making mistakes and a team getting fuc*ed over by an incompetent/rotten referee.
It was clearly a case of the latter.
I had so many non Mayo people come up to me in the weeks and months after and to a person they
said "what happened was disgraceful".  Hardly a comment you would get if a ref made one, two or three mistakes.

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 02:56:24 PM »

There is a difference between a referee making mistakes and a team getting fuc*ed over by an incompetent/rotten referee.
It was clearly a case of the latter.
I had so many non Mayo people come up to me in the weeks and months after and to a person they
said "what happened was disgraceful".  Hardly a comment you would get if a ref made one, two or three mistakes.

It's completely overblown. Mayo came off the worse of the decisions in that game - undoubtedly.

He bottled the Enright sending off which was a stonewaller but this is common in the GAA - how many times have we seen referees chicken out of sending lads off and opting for yellow cards. Enright is the most blessed man in the game as he consistently avoids the proper punishment, he probably should have got a red against Galway and at least a black.

The other thing Reilly did was fall for Donaghy buying soft frees all game.

As far as bad and biased refereeing displays, it's a long, long way from the worst I've witnessed. As I said previously, there doesn't seem to be much contrition from Mayo lads on here about how Joe McQuillan dealt with their clash with Fermanagh last year so take the swings with the roundabouts.