Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

I don't really get the outrage about the general sale tickets. Tyrone and Dublin have played 4 championship games each this year and 7/8 league games with tickets on general sale and not once has there been s complaint from club members about getting tickets.

Active club members will be more than catered for with the ticket supply. I don't think any club members will miss out but if they do it'll more than likely be people who have hardly set foot in their local club all year.

I'm not sure by paying 40 quid or whatever for club membership that you should automatically get a ticket. The gaa use the general tickets all year to distribute tickets so unfair to take them away to people regularly buying them through this route.

rrhf

Gaa nothing without the club importance. Totally disagree. What club are you from that would put county before club.

heffo

Quote from: rrhf on August 18, 2017, 07:33:56 PM
Gaa nothing without the club importance. Totally disagree. What club are you from that would put county before club.

Croke Park estimate the amount of tickets that clubs will take and based on that, put a certain amount on public sale.

The email from DCB during the week was to manage expectations - I wouldn't imagine any club will be left anyway short on their order, even with the U17's getting 5k tickets.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: rrhf on August 18, 2017, 07:33:56 PM

Who is putting county before club? There will be more than enough tickets for every active club member (I suspect there will be enough for every member). It just doesn't bother me whether someone who paid a cheap club membership only to get access to tickets and hasn't attended or supported a club game or event all year or went to a Tyrone game until now gets a ticket. Why hasn't there been an outcry for any other games about tickets being on general sale?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

heffo

Quote from: Rossfan on August 18, 2017, 09:32:26 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 18, 2017, 08:04:17 PM
even with the U17's getting 5k tickets.
Are we? :o :o

That's what I was told - maybe ye didn't look for the full amount

Rossfan

Co Board said earlier in the week they were getting a limited no of tickets.
Maybe they were dampening expectations too.
Edit - said they weren't expecting enough to satisfy demand and would be no public sale.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

heffo

Am really looking forward to this game.

Think Tyrone will certainly frustrate and test Dublin but I just can't see them having enough to beat us no matter what way they play it.

A's & B's games for Dublin would have been featuring A's playing against a Tyrone like B's setup on a regular basis.

Tyrone won't be short of belief though. Dubs by four.

RedHand88

Quote from: heffo on August 18, 2017, 10:00:51 PM
Am really looking forward to this game.

Think Tyrone will certainly frustrate and test Dublin but I just can't see them having enough to beat us no matter what way they play it.

A's & B's games for Dublin would have been featuring A's playing against a Tyrone like B's setup on a regular basis.

Tyrone won't be short of belief though. Dubs by four.

If you think Tyrones defence are "Dublin B" standard youre in for a hell of a shock.

Fuzzman

Friday night, I'm up in Tyrone with my 4 wee Dubliners kids all wearing their feckin tops that their cousin MDMA signed for them.
For me, living in Dublin 21 years this year, this feels like the biggest game ever between the two teams.
My first ever memory of Tyrone v Dublin wasn't the 1984 hammering that another fellow Poster once got excited about but rather was a huge national league victory in 1992 I think, ala Canavan, Cush, McGlennon and Co.

Anyway, I'd luv it if we could get a group of Dub posters on Herr to meet up one night, anywhere in town or North side and I'll organise 10-20 Tyrone lads and we can have the banter and maybe a sing song and make Joe Brolly eat his words that the GAA is dying with all this elitism.
Wouldn't it be great if the top 8 teams and their fans could enjoy each others company and not be worrying why the crap 25 as he calls it are left behind.

Anyway, if interested in a meet up next Thur, Fri or Sat pm me or say it on here. Neutrals welcome as well, even from Longford, Meath and Armagh.
A few of us Tyrmonians are going to the Enda McGinley Legends tour next sat and meeting him afterwards for a beer and chat. Could that be a good forum.

Quick funny story. When driving up North this evening, my kids saw the red and white Norn Iron flags with the red cross and red hand when we crossed the border into Amagh and my 8 year old daughter said, are we in Tyrone already, there's a lot of Tyrone flags around here.
I decided to just agree and not spend the whole weekend explaining the differenent flegs.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 19, 2017, 12:35:59 AM
Friday night, I'm up in Tyrone with my 4 wee Dubliners kids all wearing their feckin tops that their cousin MDMA signed for them.
For me, living in Dublin 21 years this year, this feels like the biggest game ever between the two teams.
My first ever memory of Tyrone v Dublin wasn't the 1984 hammering that another fellow Poster once got excited about but rather was a huge national league victory in 1992 I think, ala Canavan, Cush, McGlennon and Co.

Anyway, I'd luv it if we could get a group of Dub posters on Herr to meet up one night, anywhere in town or North side and I'll organise 10-20 Tyrone lads and we can have the banter and maybe a sing song and make Joe Brolly eat his words that the GAA is dying with all this elitism.
Wouldn't it be great if the top 8 teams and their fans could enjoy each others company and not be worrying why the crap 25 as he calls it are left behind.

Anyway, if interested in a meet up next Thur, Fri or Sat pm me or say it on here. Neutrals welcome as well, even from Longford, Meath and Armagh.
A few of us Tyrmonians are going to the Enda McGinley Legends tour next sat and meeting him afterwards for a beer and chat. Could that be a good forum.

Quick funny story. When driving up North this evening, my kids saw the red and white Norn Iron flags with the red cross and red hand when we crossed the border into Amagh and my 8 year old daughter said, are we in Tyrone already, there's a lot of Tyrone flags around here.
I decided to just agree and not spend the whole weekend explaining the differenent flegs.

Super post.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 19, 2017, 12:35:59 AM

Are you on the sauce again Fuzz? ;) ;)

Meadbh

Fully expect Tyrone to win this by 4 or 5 tbqh.

The Dubs are well overrated. Last two AI wins two of the worst games of ball I've ever seen! Mayo curse won it for them last year!

Love the Dub fans, love the anticipation of a good game but a Tyrone win - no doubt in my mind.

ziggysego

Last night I dreamt Tyrone won by 10pts (Yeah I know, definitely a dream)

Wasn't a great game though, but the star men were Colm Cavanagh and Tiernan McCann.

This post and dream has no bearing on the game, but decided to share it anyway.
Testing Accessibility

Fuzzman

Yeah somebody left a feckin bottle of red wine next to my bed. What's a man to do?
Not too many Tyrone flags around Strabane though the kids were amazed at the Tyrone painted house.
Good to show them who they'll be supporting from here on in.
Might drop into O'Neill's and buy them all the gear now before the prices go up after Sept.

Are any of ye coming down on the Sat for the Enda McGinley legends tour in Croker at 2pm? We (tad) are meeting him afterwards for a bit of banter.