Why can you not answer??
4 days is plenty of time
What's the big problem??

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 20, 2017, 11:16:03 PM
Why can you not answer??
4 days is plenty of time
What's the big problem??

Day after a championship match is a bit of a write off, back into training on the second day, then rest day and straight into the match? 6 days should be the minimum for a replay.

Smurfy123

Saturday game
Sunday rest/recover
Monday train
Tuesday rest
Wednesday replay

What's wrong with that?
If the game was a Friday well they would train the Wednesday anyway

downjim

After a game and extra time on Saturday, today would still a rest day. If the teams meet tonight it would be for a stretch and video analysis. 

thewobbler

Tbh I've no issue with a replay being shunted in midweek. The championship can't be put on hold for a full week while that match is resolved; indeed if it wasn't played midweek and another draw came to pass, then the latter stages of the championship would be at risk of midweek games.

But as to why we are playing scheduled championship matches at 6.45pm and 8.15pm midweek, well that just demeans the competition. If we want our players at their best for championship action, then the times have to be friendlier i.e. Not when they should be at work.

Smurfy123

Right so the teams stretch and watch a video tonight that's fine so why can't they play Wednesday night then?Are they gonna stretch again?You stil have not answered as to why it's unfair to ask them to play a game a full 4 days later?

Agree with wobbler on the timing.Lads who work in Belfast/Dublin would likely have to take a half day for an early start.Very unfair to ask that if any player especially after all the training that the club lads would put into it.

Wobbler you talk a lot of sense

Real_Gael

Quote from: thewobbler on August 21, 2017, 07:51:15 AM
Tbh I've no issue with a replay being shunted in midweek. The championship can't be put on hold for a full week while that match is resolved; indeed if it wasn't played midweek and another draw came to pass, then the latter stages of the championship would be at risk of midweek games.

But as to why we are playing scheduled championship matches at 6.45pm and 8.15pm midweek, well that just demeans the competition. If we want our players at their best for championship action, then the times have to be friendlier i.e. Not when they should be at work.

Agreed wobbler. Putting games on Thursday and Monday nights at 6.45pm is just not practical at all, particularly if some of your players are working outside the county. If them lads want to play, they are going to miss a half/full days pay.

RE the 4 day turn around, I personally think this is plenty of time, neither team will be training hard to tonight but more so recovery and a bit of analysis work.

elk

Quote from: Real_Gael on August 21, 2017, 09:41:50 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 21, 2017, 07:51:15 AM

Agreed wobbler. Putting games on Thursday and Monday nights at 6.45pm is just not practical at all, particularly if some of your players are working outside the county. If them lads want to play, they are going to miss a half/full days pay.

RE the 4 day turn around, I personally think this is plenty of time, neither team will be training hard to tonight but more so recovery and a bit of analysis work.
But its OK to ask them to play a replay @ 7pm on a Wednesday!!!!!!!!!

PAULD123

The 4 day turnaround is not a disaster as it is the same for both teams.

But would I not be right in saying that it is actually a 4 day turn around followed by another 4 day turn around immediately?

The winners will be expected to play the following weekend won't they in a quarter final?

If so then three matches in a week is a bit unfair on players who are not training for such output. It imbalances the quarter final a bit.

thewobbler

Quote from: PAULD123 on August 21, 2017, 05:40:38 PM
The 4 day turnaround is not a disaster as it is the same for both teams.

But would I not be right in saying that it is actually a 4 day turn around followed by another 4 day turn around immediately?

The winners will be expected to play the following weekend won't they in a quarter final?

If so then three matches in a week is a bit unfair on players who are not training for such output. It imbalances the quarter final a bit.

Agreed. But it's the very reason why so many sports have found ways to got rid of replays. There's no equitable solution, and in the grander scheme of things it's probably fairer to "punish" the team that needs the replay, than hold up the rest of the competition.

downjim

elk

Good display from Downpatrick, easy victory built around the 2 Turleys dominating the middle. As bad as I have seen CPN play in a while.

befair

Unusual match; Wpt seemed to cruising at 6-1 up, then 15 min in Downpatrick suddenly unleashed a scoring blitztand by half-time, led 14-6; almost all from play and including a missed (pointed )penalty. Their accuracy was most impressive

SHEEDY

Anybody at the stone/kingdom match last night. Good win for longstone, if they had played like that all year they maybe wouldn't find themselves in the position they do. Ryan kelly,  michael ireland and mark poland were a handful all night. Marty clarke was back in action for the kingdom.
nil satis nisi optimum