Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: The Trap on July 21, 2018, 12:04:23 AM
The game tomorrow is a great opportunity for tyrone to win back over supporters who have abandoned them recently. We are at home. It is not a knockout game. Can the team go for it or will they be hamstrung? Going by what we have seen this year I expect tyrone to make this a real test and if things go their way maybe even nick it.
If it was to be a demoralizing defeat it would be very difficult to go to Donegal and win.
That is not what I think will happen though. I expect the players to throw everything at this. As harte himself said this week they could play very well and get beat as the dubs are that good.

Even if we lose by a close margin and give the Dubsa real game of it, it will encourage us to go at Donegal to get into the semis where if successful would give us a real go at the Dubs in the final

rrhf

Throw everything at it and hope god is on our side. Best champ occasion since 08 final tonight. We need pomeroy accordion band playing before it and we need the supporters as our pro called for this week.  giving it Dixie.

OffTheDeck

Two things to take from tonight. Tyrone have the squad depth and character to deal with Dublin, just don't have the management. Sat back for too long and done some serious damage when they did push up. Harte needs to go. The other thing is that David Coldrick is an absolute shambles. He wasn't the losing of the game for Tyrone by any means but how he's allowed to referee games of that magnitude baffles me.

longballin

Spirited performance from Tyrone but never looked like winning. Dubs are serious outfit and played within themselves. I'd fear for Tyrone if they meet them in Croke Park again cud get a much heavier defeat but having said that can't see anyone beat Dublin.

Dire Ear

Tyrone too slow to make the substitutions

Scoring Zone

really quality performance, just lacked abit of cutting edge, didn't make dublin work as hard for scores as we had to. the effort physicality could not be questioned, top class and brought dublin to the edge but no cigar. the difference was a sloppy "lucky" goal, 2 bad wides and a few bad calls by the ref. burns, m donnelly, meyler, harte where really quality and morgan's lockouts was on point 2 or 3 where outrageous, and i didn't think i would ever say that, should be great momentum to the donegal game and get a result

RedHand88

Only need to draw with Donegal isn't that right? In that case it would come down to score difference to see who qualifies. That's not a bad place to be at all. Would have taken that after the Monaghan game.

redzone

Quote from: Scoring Zone on July 21, 2018, 11:18:55 PM
really quality performance, just lacked abit of cutting edge, didn't make dublin work as hard for scores as we had to. the effort physicality could not be questioned, top class and brought dublin to the edge but no cigar. the difference was a sloppy "lucky" goal, 2 bad wides and a few bad calls by the ref. burns, m donnelly, meyler, harte where really quality and morgan's lockouts was on point 2 or 3 where outrageous, and i didn't think i would ever say that, should be great momentum to the donegal game and get a result
Yeah that's it in a nutshell. Great performance and a great day out. If mcnamme is out we might see hampsey move Back with McShane or richy moving to the middle,with Bradley coming in. I'd love to see both Brennan and Bradley on as would give us more of scoring threat in the bigger games. All to play for in 2 weeks. Glad the players proved they are more than capable of delerving on the big day

RedHand88

What's the story with Lee Brennan? I'd heard he was flying in training, that was a few weeks ago?

Club boi

Quote from: redzone on July 22, 2018, 11:09:31 AM
Quote from: Scoring Zone on July 21, 2018, 11:18:55 PM
Yeah that's it in a nutshell. Great performance and a great day out. If mcnamme is out we might see hampsey move Back with McShane or richy moving to the middle,with Bradley coming in. I'd love to see both Brennan and Bradley on as would give us more of scoring threat in the bigger games. All to play for in 2 weeks. Glad the players proved they are more than capable of delerving on the big day

Brennan AND Bradley both together in Ballybofey would be eaten alive by a hungry home mob

redzone

Maybe 5 years ago when donegal were uber defensive but this donegal defense isn't as tough.

tyroneman

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 22, 2018, 12:02:53 PM
What's the story with Lee Brennan? I'd heard he was flying in training, that was a few weeks ago?

I'd say with him just coming back off a bad hamstring it's more important to have him ready for the Donegal game, rather than take chance v Dublin

blewuporstuffed

How serious is the mcnamee injury?
He could be a massive loss going into the ballybofey game
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

trailer

Does Cathal McShane have naked pictures of Harte? He's slow and lazy. He has no strength. He can't tackle, he can't get possession. He's just big and ginger. After that he offers nothing.

BennyHarp

I like Ronan O'Neill and don't really want to apportion blame but the lad had a free kick, in a perfect position for a right footed kicker, on a perfect evening for football, at his home pitch (how many shots has he got into those goals over the years?) at really important stage of the game. The bottom line is that that kick HAS to over the bar. Every game from here on in are cranked up in terms of pressure. Ronan had everything in his favour on Saturday and didn't deliver, unfortunately if he failed this examination of his nerve can we really afford to have him on the pitch in the last 15 when we need to be converting everything that comes our way? I'm not trying to have a go at O'Neill but at this level we just can't afford to be missing those chances - it ripped the stuffing out of our surge and handed the impetus back to Dublin.
That was never a square ball!!