The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

It is very hard to predict stuff in the US now. Politics are very emotional. Voters havent figured out yet that Trump is a cHarlatan.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Keyser soze

Whitey keeps mentioning Clinton and Kennedy in connection with sexual harassment and sexual assault, what are the specific allegations against them, I know Bill played the harmonica :-) and did a bit of philandering, and Kennedy was involve in Chappaquiddick but I can't recall allegations of harassment or assault against them. though in fairness I have a shit memory lol.

whitey

Quote from: Keyser soze on December 12, 2017, 10:03:57 AM
Whitey keeps mentioning Clinton and Kennedy in connection with sexual harassment and sexual assault, what are the specific allegations against them, I know Bill played the harmonica :-) and did a bit of philandering, and Kennedy was involve in Chappaquiddick but I can't recall allegations of harassment or assault against them. though in fairness I have a shit memory lol.

Bill Clinton was actually accused of rape and sexual assault and paid settlements to several women for those indiscretions.  Apart from Chapaquidick (where he left a young woman to drown in his car) Ted Kennedy was a renowned alcoholic who was infamous for grabbing and groping women especially waitresses....of course he got a free pass from the press on much of what he did because he was a Kennedy

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2017, 01:25:21 PM

Bill Clinton was actually accused of rape and sexual assault and paid settlements to several women for those indiscretions.  Apart from Chapaquidick (where he left a young woman to drown in his car) Ted Kennedy was a renowned alcoholic who was infamous for grabbing and groping women especially waitresses....of course he got a free pass from the press on much of what he did because he was a Kennedy

Chappaquidick should have, at least, ended his public career, but I think you're being a bit disingenuous with the drinking and harassment bit. Did the press hold ANYONE accountable for that type of behaviour?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2017, 02:07:55 PM

Chappaquidick should have, at least, ended his public career, but I think you're being a bit disingenuous with the drinking and harassment bit. Did the press hold ANYONE accountable for that type of behaviour?

Why do you always have to stick up for theses fvcks?

I have lived in MA pretty much for the past 25 years....I know people personally who worked at bars, country clubs and marinas down the Cape where the Kennedys hung out.  Ted Kennedy was a fvckin disgrace

https://www.gq.com/story/kennedy-ted-senator-profile

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2017, 02:14:00 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2017, 02:07:55 PM

Why do you always have to stick up for theses fvcks?

I have lived in MA pretty much for the past 25 years....I know people personally who worked at bars, country clubs and marinas down the Cape where the Kennedys hung out.  Ted Kennedy was a fvckin disgrace

https://www.gq.com/story/kennedy-ted-senator-profile

Where did I stick up for them?

whitey

"but I think you're being a bit disingenuous with the drinking and harassment bit"

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2017, 03:06:27 PM
"but I think you're being a bit disingenuous with the drinking and harassment bit"

Why did you leave out the "Did the press hold ANYONE accountable for that type of behaviour?" part of my post??

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2017, 03:14:26 PM

Why did you leave out the "Did the press hold ANYONE accountable for that type of behaviour?" part of my post??

Re read your sentence. There's a full stop in between your statements

Are you saying the drinking and harassment didn't happen.,..because it absolutely did

Or are you saying I'm disingenuous because the press didn't hold anyone accountable back then so Ted was just another rich white guy getting a pass

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2017, 03:55:29 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2017, 03:14:26 PM

Re read your sentence. There's a full stop in between your statements

Are you saying the drinking and harassment didn't happen.,..because it absolutely did

Or are you saying I'm disingenuous because the press didn't hold anyone accountable back then so Ted was just another rich white guy getting a pass

Obviously I'm not saying drinking and harassment didn't happen, so yes, last sentence. Although I don't think anyone was held accountable for such behaviour by anyone, never mind by the press. Women just had to grin and bear it.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on December 11, 2017, 06:49:41 PM
I am quite enjoying seeing the liberals lose their mind at the prospect of Roy Moore in the Senate. 

Oh. My. God.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: whitey on December 11, 2017, 06:49:41 PMI am quite enjoying seeing the liberals lose their mind at the prospect of Roy Moore in the Senate. 

How shitty is your life?

Eamonnca1

For his next trick he'll probably say he'd like to have seen Jimmy Saville becoming Tory leader just to p1ss off "liberals."

On a day when the conservatives of Alabama are going out to vote for an alleged paedophile, these people still have the audacity to use the word "liberal" as if it's a term of abuse. They are beyond satire.

whitey

They'd be losing their minds regardless of whether it was Mitt Romneys "binders" or John Kasichs "housewives leaving their kitchens". 30 years of rank hypocrisy and double standards is coming back to haunt the Democrats and they can go fvck themselves as far as I'm concerned

And BTW, read the totality of what I wrote on the matter.....I also said Roy Moore should be thrown out of the Senate if he gets elected

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2017, 09:18:35 PM
They'd be losing their minds regardless of whether it was Mitt Romneys "binders" or John Kasichs "housewives leaving their kitchens". 30 years of rank hypocrisy and double standards is coming back to haunt the Democrats and they can go fvck themselves as far as I'm concerned

And BTW, read the totality of what I wrote on the matter.....I also said Roy Moore should be thrown out of the Senate if he gets elected

He's OK now... his wife was very clear that their Attorney is a Jew so they can't be racist!