Dublin v Cork 13 July 2019

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 13, 2019, 12:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shantygael

you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Halfquarter

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 13, 2019, 08:55:53 PM
That game changes everything. Tyrone cork massive now.

How does it change anything ?  Dublin are going to win all three games in their group and also
go ahead to win the All Ireland.

theticklemister

shantygael

Hound

Quote from: Halfquarter on July 13, 2019, 11:29:49 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 13, 2019, 08:55:53 PM
That game changes everything. Tyrone cork massive now.

How does it change anything ?  Dublin are going to win all three games in their group and also
go ahead to win the All Ireland.
Did you not enjoy Jack McCaffrey today?

Gives the best interviews of all the Dubs contingent too!

Story goes that Jack's Dad, ex-Dublin all star Dr Noel, refused to have a tv in the house when Jack was a kid!

shantygael

Too tight to pay the licence fee,😁

From the Bunker

Quote from: shantygael on July 13, 2019, 11:06:08 PM
The bashing has begun

If you are talking about Dublin beating all in front of them?......then yes it has!

shantygael

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 14, 2019, 12:02:24 AM
The bashing has begun

If you are talking about Dublin beating all in front of them?......then yes it has!

Even your bitter soul must have got some enjoyment out of that game tonight.. A rare treat were you had 2 teams actually go out and play attacking football and not the blanket defensive rubbish we have to watch normally.

Jack McCaffrey put on a show tonight. Scored a goal, great pass for Fenton's go and caused havoc eveeytime he got the ball with his direct running and electric pace

Muck Savage

Are the Dublin public getting tired of watching this team? Seems the crowds are way down, 40K at Leinster final, 30K at this game. 5 years ago every game they played was full house or close to it.

It's beginning to kill the argument that the neutral game needs to be in CP to cater for the crowd, Thurles would be able to take a Dub/Ross game and maybe not sell out.   

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on July 14, 2019, 12:26:51 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 14, 2019, 12:02:24 AM
The bashing has begun

Even your bitter soul must have got some enjoyment out of that game tonight.. A rare treat were you had 2 teams actually go out and play attacking football and not the blanket defensive rubbish we have to watch normally.

Jack McCaffrey put on a show tonight. Scored a goal, great pass for Fenton's go and caused havoc eveeytime he got the ball with his direct running and electric pace

You have me all wrong - I wan't Dublin to win! I cheered every Dublin Goal and every Cluxton save. Why would I want Cork to win? I'm being serious.

shantygael

A wum if ever I seen one,😁

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Muck Savage on July 14, 2019, 12:47:27 AM
Are the Dublin public getting tired of watching this team? Seems the crowds are way down, 40K at Leinster final, 30K at this game. 5 years ago every game they played was full house or close to it.

It's beginning to kill the argument that the neutral game needs to be in CP to cater for the crowd, Thurles would be able to take a Dub/Ross game and maybe not sell out.

Short answer is yes as the last Dublin V Cork championship game in Croke Park had attendance of over 70,000.

I didn't get to see the RTE after match analysis (Brolly on there made me switch off) but I hope they were not patronising to Cork for getting within 13 points of Dublin

Silkyskillssunshinee

Dublin ARE beatable I believe. I haven't been blown away by their championship performances this year. They were only three up against Meath at half-time, scoring only five points in that half. Cork gave them a good game today. If a team can match them for fitness for seventy minutes, they can be beaten. Not easy to do that though.

Mayo and Donegal can give them a game of it. Not sure Tyrone have improved from last year, while Kerry are a bit young yet. Two interesting semi-finals to come anyway, whomever makes it.

GalwayBayBoy

Dublin are only playing in short spurts so far this year but when they get going they can put 2-3 on a team in a few minutes.

Could be wrong but I feel they are still only half fluting around at times. Can anyone take advantage of their lulls though?