Dublin v Cork 13 July 2019

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 13, 2019, 12:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

kerryforsam19

I'd say form the better  bunker better half should be careful as they will be receiving of bucket of hot water with all that rage. Wait till Kerry hammer mayo she will lose plot altogether 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on July 13, 2019, 08:42:29 PM
I'll stick my neck out now. There'll be no 5 in a row.

This was no do or die knock out game!
Dublin were matched if not bettered for most of the first 55 minutes.
They still won by 13 points.

Over all, I'm happy that Dublin keep on winning. A flukey Cork win is the last thing Gaelic football needs.

clarshack

Quote from: Sportacus on July 13, 2019, 08:45:03 PM
That game really highlighted how Dublin's fitness means they'll pull away from teams in the end.  Professionals against amateurs.  Roscommon might live with them for 55 minutes next week, but in the end we all know what's going to happen.  Cork running at Tyrone could be very interesting.

Tyrone v Cork isnt the formality it was going to be.

imtommygunn

That game changes everything. Tyrone cork massive now.

BennyCake

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 13, 2019, 08:50:58 PM

Over all, I'm happy that Dublin keep on winning. A flukey Cork win is the last thing Gaelic football needs.

That poor kickout killed the game. There was maybe only 4 or 5 in it at that stage. 13 flattered Dublin

tonto1888

Quote from: Maiden1 on July 13, 2019, 08:44:55 PM
First job of the opposition in training before they play Dublin is to line the whole panel on the end line and have them run to the opposition 45, whoever is the fastest gets to track McCaffrey.

I would make sure I came last

Farrandeelin

Cork will be in tier 2 anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

didlyi

TBH Tyrone v Cork keeps this group alive

From the Bunker

Quote from: didlyi on July 13, 2019, 09:12:16 PM
TBH Tyrone v Cork keeps this group alive

That will be the game to decide 2nd. The other games will be dead rubbers!

RedHand88

Well at least the Rossies get them at a neutral venue. Poor Cork had to face Dublin at home.

sid waddell

Quote from: Sportacus on July 13, 2019, 08:45:03 PM
That game really highlighted how Dublin's fitness means they'll pull away from teams in the end.  Professionals against amateurs.  Roscommon might live with them for 55 minutes next week, but in the end we all know what's going to happen.  Cork running at Tyrone could be very interesting.
But of course Dublin aren't professional or anything like it, given that all their players work full time jobs

They work harder in training than almost all other teams, and that's a simple fact - Ray Boyne was entirely correct in what he said after the Leinster final

dublin7

Thanks for your support. Your back must be in bits carrying around that chip on your shoulder.

At least Cork had a go tonight. That's the only way to beat Dublin. Scoreline wasnt a true reflection of the game and Hurley is a baller Dubs struggled to mark him all night.. Never seen Dublin struggle so much around midfield and McCarthy was badly missed.

Rock will start next week. Costello struggled and missed his frees. Getting Cooper back is important as well. Beat Roscommon and Tyrone game in Omagh is a dead rubber.

Will Mickey shorten the pitch again?? The last time he did it he refused to take the credit and tried to give the credit to sky sports

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on July 13, 2019, 10:10:37 PM

Thanks for your support. Your back must be in bits carrying around that chip on your shoulder.

At least Cork had a go tonight. That's the only way to beat Dublin. Scoreline wasnt a true reflection of the game and Hurley is a baller Dubs struggled to mark him all night.. Never seen Dublin struggle so much around midfield and McCarthy was badly missed.

Rock will start next week. Costello struggled and missed his frees. Getting Cooper back is important as well. Beat Roscommon and Tyrone game in Omagh is a dead rubber.

Will Mickey shorten the pitch again?? The last time he did it he refused to take the credit and tried to give tocredit to sky sports

I have to give your team support since most Dublin fans have given up going to see their financially doped team hammer nearly every team in 2nd gear.  At this rate it will be hard to justify all the home games in Croke Park. I really hope their drive for 5 does not get derailed. The game needs Dublin not only to dominate but to obliterate.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 13, 2019, 09:51:05 PM
Well at least the Rossies get them at a neutral venue. Poor Cork had to face Dublin at home.

;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.