?

?
9 (47.4%)
?
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

tbrick18

Quote from: JohnDenver on June 14, 2019, 08:55:30 AM
I would guess that it's a management request to play the game at Owenbeg, given that the players would be more familiar with the setup / pitch from multiple training sessions there - which is obviously an advantage and not one that many counties would have the luxury to avail of.

I personally don't think it's anything against Celtic Park, as the playing surface is excellent - more so a case of getting any small advantage as possible at Owenbeg.

I would guess its a finance issue given the recent disclosure of state of finances. There'll be a thousand-ish supporters so the cost of opening celtic Park could not be justified.
There'd be a better atmosphere too in owenbeg, and in my opinion facilities are better.
It would also mean the travelling team have further to go, so perhaps a slight advantage to us.

theticklemister

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 14, 2019, 07:46:22 PM
I would guess that it's a management request to play the game at Owenbeg, given that the players would be more familiar with the setup / pitch from multiple training sessions there - which is obviously an advantage and not one that many counties would have the luxury to avail of.

I personally don't think it's anything against Celtic Park, as the playing surface is excellent - more so a case of getting any small advantage as possible at Owenbeg.

I would guess its a finance issue given the recent disclosure of state of finances. There'll be a thousand-ish supporters so the cost of opening celtic Park could not be justified.
There'd be a better atmosphere too in owenbeg, and in my opinion facilities are better.
It would also mean the travelling team have further to go, so perhaps a slight advantage to us.

Jesus that extra 18 mile on the bus is gonna f**king kill Ross Munnelly

tbrick18

Quote from: theticklemister on June 14, 2019, 08:56:23 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on June 14, 2019, 07:46:22 PM

Jesus that extra 18 mile on the bus is gonna f**king kill Ross Munnelly

::) ::)

shantygael

Donie kingston can walk it  for his warm up 👀
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

JoG2

Both are great stadiums to watch games but I'd say Owenbeg costs a fair bit more to open... Thon portakabin at CP wouldn't cost much to light / heat

JoG2

Either way, hope there's a big crowd there

shantygael

Sure the stewards from the city/Celtic pk have to go to owenbeg as there wouldn't be enough to manage the car park never mind the stadium.

shantygael

good to see Barry Cassidy the middle man in the Connacht final

theticklemister

Quote from: shantygael on June 16, 2019, 03:52:16 PM
Sure the stewards from the city/Celtic pk have to go to owenbeg as there wouldn't be enough to manage the car park never mind the stadium.

Sure they can get their muckers in the RUC to do the stewarding again at Owenbeg

JoG2

Quote from: theticklemister on June 16, 2019, 06:17:21 PM
Quote from: shantygael on June 16, 2019, 03:52:16 PM

Sure they can get their muckers in the RUC to do the stewarding again at Owenbeg

Definitely one of the stranger posts I've read on here

theticklemister

1 day before Championship game and zero craic on here.

Is that possibly the strongest derry team forward line named in last 7/8 years

Glenman93

Quote from: theticklemister on June 21, 2019, 10:41:30 PM

No craic? You helped with your last comment.

JoG2

Definitely as strong as the front 6 2 weeks ago!

Agreed though, it is a serious forward unit. I've a family do and it's 50/50 (well probably 30/70) that I get to the game. Won't be much in it. Laois back to back promotions.

theticklemister

Quote from: JoG2 on June 21, 2019, 11:04:49 PM

Agreed though, it is a serious forward unit. I've a family do and it's 50/50 (well probably 30/70) that I get to the game. Won't be much in it. Laois back to back promotions.

I'm 0/100 getting to the game tomorrow JOG2; your chances are better than mine!

screenexile

Quote from: JoG2 on June 21, 2019, 11:04:49 PM

Are they though?? Couldn't get to the game but sounds like we weren't great!!

Radio Ulster were talking about the fact the Laois black card meant they couldn't bring any more subs on yet they brought on another player and scored a goal straight away... can anyone confirm it?