The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: bingobus on May 07, 2009, 11:00:00 AM
Quote from: full back on May 07, 2009, 10:52:13 AM
Quote from: bingobus on May 07, 2009, 10:03:58 AM
Bar Drogba going ape shit, I don't think the protests where any worse that we've seen before.

You obviously missed a few incidents then  ::)

BTW, excellent & fair summary Quinn Martin

Missed what? Ballack running after ref? Can see that at regular EPL games.

A few of them confronted ref after game as happens regularly at EPL games. There wasn't all of them on his case at final whistle. It was wrong but bar Drogba we've seen it all before.

Whilst running after the ref he struck him in the face!! I have never seen that in the EPL :-\

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: orangeman on May 07, 2009, 09:55:58 AM

Imagine how John Terry felt at being robbed of a shot at redemption after that penalty miss? Imagine how Frank Lampard felt at failing to get the chance to win the major honour that still eludes him?

They will have hurt just as badly as Drogba, if not worse, but they did not charge at Ovrebo, or have to be held back by anyone who happened to be in the vicinity.

Thats not true Phil.

The first player in the refs face after the game was John Terry. He very much 'charged' towards the ref and gave him a barage of abuse. I think he has been overlooked in all of this and his behaviour should be considered.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on May 07, 2009, 11:01:38 AM
Have to applaud Quinn Martin and Norf Tyrone for not hiding away today, and for giving a fair analyisis/summary of the game.

I dont often jump on the United (or Liverpool threads), as it turns into a bitchin session, but just thought I should congratulate QM for a well thought out post.

As a United Fan, I'm happier to be playing Barca, as I think the revenge factor would have been great for Chelsea.

wfr...as bad as I feel today I can't imagine coming on here on the 28th May having been beated 4-1 by Utd in the final!!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

bingobus

Quote from: EC Unique on May 07, 2009, 11:03:33 AM
Bar Drogba going ape shit, I don't think the protests where any worse that we've seen before.

A few of them confronted ref after game as happens regularly at EPL games. There wasn't all of them on his case at final whistle. It was wrong but bar Drogba we've seen it all before.

Whilst running after the ref he struck him in the face!! I have never seen that in the EPL :-\

Go away and shit yourself  ;D Struck him in face  ;D He made contact but it wasn't a slap/strike. If he struck him do you seriously think he'd be on the feild.

A Quinn Martin Production

Oh I nearly forgot and just to show I'm not completely without venom...Bill O'Herlihy is a w**kstain.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Clown

i dont listen much to those rte clowns anymore, but did hear dunphy starting the same old rhetoric of how to behave on the pitch as kids copy players behaviour - i was waiting for him to start the whole 'great sportsmen' speech were he traditionally mentions brian o'driscoll, tiger woods, ruby walsh, aidan o'brien.
he went onto talk about the munster leinster game and said those players played it in the right spirit.
obviously gauging someone in the eye is good spirit now

EC Unique

Quote from: bingobus on May 07, 2009, 11:08:53 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 07, 2009, 11:03:33 AM

Go away and shit yourself  ;D Struck him in face  ;D He made contact but it wasn't a slap/strike. If he struck him do you seriously think he'd be on the feild.

Well Ok then, he made contact with the ref's face in an agressive manner, I have never seen that in the EPL. By the way I had a dump already today ;)

full back

:D
I think you may be trying to wind people up
Show me how we see these incidents at regualr EPL games?

bingobus

Quote from: full back on May 07, 2009, 11:17:31 AM

Sure you're a united supporter, look through your DVD collection.

full back

Quote from: bingobus on May 07, 2009, 11:23:59 AM

Good comeback  ::)

You dont see that at regular EPL games

bingobus

Quote from: full back on May 07, 2009, 11:33:16 AM
Quote from: bingobus on May 07, 2009, 11:23:59 AM

Good comeback  ::)

You dont see that at regular EPL games

The refs get harassed at alot of EPL games by all sides, individual players, groups of players, etc.

A ref was pushed to his hole at a EPL match, Cashley Cole turned his back to a ref at an EPL game, Masch got sent off for mouthing to a ref at a EPL game, the whole respect campaign was brought in this season to try and control players from confronting refs on the field. Don't try and cod yourself.

Even Paul Galvin was at it last year.  ;)

full back

Quote from: bingobus on May 07, 2009, 11:39:29 AM
A ref was pushed to his hole at a EPL match, Cashley Cole turned his back to a ref at an EPL game, Masch got sent off for mouthing to a ref at a EPL game, the whole respect campaign was brought in this season to try and control players from confronting refs on the field. Don't try and cod yourself.

You have mentioned 3 instances in the last 11 or 12 years, not very regular is it?  ;)

The Cole & Masch incidents werent nearly as bad as Ballack