Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Allegations about Whyte's business career would soon emerge. But not before he plunged Rangers into administration, exacerbating HMRC's grievance with the club by ceasing to pay PAYE and VAT in 2011, thus building up an inarguable, unpaid tax bill to the taxman. It left Rangers facing an actual tax bill of £20m and a potential tax bill of £50m- plus. A creditors agreement duly failed and when Rangers FC plc was finally consigned to liquidation in June 2012 it was HMRC which dealt the fatal blow. The Scottish newspapers ran headlines such as: "RIP Rangers... 140 Years of History Comes to an End."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/18/how-the-mighty-glasgow-rangers-have-fallen

Legally it's  not the  same club.

All the sentiment in the world can't change that.

lynchbhoy

Remember that your supporting evidence cones from the daily record...
Plus are citing fifa...
The same fifa who identify the north of Ireland soccer team as a 'country'.

So if you agree with all that makey uppy stuff.. then you and the tooth fairy a long with sevco newco rangers can sail away into the Brexit sunset and vote dup to your hearts content! 

quit yo jibbajabba

Gotta love tinternet. For years weve had celtic and rangers fans arguing over whether rangers are defunct and now its celtic and celtic fans. This is great. Carry on. As you were 😃

straightred

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 04, 2019, 08:10:53 AM
Quote from: straightred on March 03, 2019, 09:41:15 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 03, 2019, 07:05:43 PM
Rangers are the most successful club in Scotland. They win another league and they have 55. Sure FaiFA clarified this a few years ago.

Did they now ? Have you got a link please ? Saying something over and over again will never make it true. They were liquidated and we all know that means. As i said previously their next title will be their first.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fifa-insist-rangers-same-football-5752723

That report and Nimo Smith's ruling have been discredited many times. Here's a real quote from none other than Walter Smith ""We wish the new Rangers Football Club every good fortune." If they were the same club would Naismith, Davis and Lafferty have been allowed to walk away from their contract for free without any transfer fee. No chance !

Still non convinced.... here's another daily record quote from none other than Jim Traynor (Current Rangers Head of Comms) Jim Traynor: "Rangers FC as we know them are dead. It's all over. They are about to shut down for ever...They'll slip into liquidation within the next couple of weeks with a new company emerging but 140 years of history, triumph and tears, will have ended... No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died." (Daily Record, 13 June 2012)

The fact is that they tried and failed to achieve a CVA and were subsequently liquidated. None of this really matters in the overall scheme of things except that there has to be consequences for cheating and defaulting on debts.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 04, 2019, 09:19:14 AM
Gotta love tinternet. For years weve had celtic and rangers fans arguing over whether rangers are defunct and now its celtic and celtic fans. This is great. Carry on. As you were 😃
Think you will find these wum clowns are liverpool,  Leeds, and man Utd fans... not Celtic fans

They just lack manners and class.
Why else would you be on a thread posting jibes about a team you don't like and are in some way jealous of...

trailer

Quote from: straightred on March 04, 2019, 09:30:25 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 04, 2019, 08:10:53 AM
Quote from: straightred on March 03, 2019, 09:41:15 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 03, 2019, 07:05:43 PM
Rangers are the most successful club in Scotland. They win another league and they have 55. Sure FaiFA clarified this a few years ago.

Did they now ? Have you got a link please ? Saying something over and over again will never make it true. They were liquidated and we all know that means. As i said previously their next title will be their first.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fifa-insist-rangers-same-football-5752723

That report and Nimo Smith's ruling have been discredited many times. Here's a real quote from none other than Walter Smith ""We wish the new Rangers Football Club every good fortune." If they were the same club would Naismith, Davis and Lafferty have been allowed to walk away from their contract for free without any transfer fee. No chance !

Still non convinced.... here's another daily record quote from none other than Jim Traynor (Current Rangers Head of Comms) Jim Traynor: "Rangers FC as we know them are dead. It's all over. They are about to shut down for ever...They'll slip into liquidation within the next couple of weeks with a new company emerging but 140 years of history, triumph and tears, will have ended... No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died." (Daily Record, 13 June 2012)

The fact is that they tried and failed to achieve a CVA and were subsequently liquidated. None of this really matters in the overall scheme of things except that there has to be consequences for cheating and defaulting on debts.

It depends if you view these teams as "clubs" or "businesses"
If you see them as a business then the old Rangers is gone.

michaelg

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 04, 2019, 09:30:52 AM
Think you will find these wum clowns are liverpool,  Leeds, and man Utd fans... not Celtic fans

Why else would you be on a thread posting jibes about a team you don't like and are in some way jealous of...
Pot, kettle, black.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: michaelg on March 04, 2019, 10:20:21 AM

Pot, kettle, black.
Talking about yourself?

Poor taste and bad manners to evoke real/fictional dead people as an attempt to make an excuse to feign offence.

I don't be rushing to accept your judgement on manners, taste or etiquette anytime soon!
Mine are top notch!
:)

michaelg

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 04, 2019, 11:40:10 AM

Pot, kettle, black.
Talking about yourself?

Poor taste and bad manners to evoke real/fictional dead people as an attempt to make an excuse to feign offence.

I don't be rushing to accept your judgement on manners, taste or etiquette anytime soon!
Mine are top notch!
You really are a piece of work.  With respect to our earlier exchange, I made no mention of the word offence.  I was merely stating the obvious fact that if you sing pro IRA chants and songs, it's sectarian.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: michaelg on March 04, 2019, 12:58:29 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 04, 2019, 11:40:10 AM

Pot, kettle, black.
Talking about yourself?

Mine are top notch!
You really are a piece of work.  With respect to our earlier exchange, I made no mention of the word offence.  I was merely stating the obvious fact that if you sing pro IRA chants and songs, it's sectarian.
By stating that you a quite clearly taking offence and said you were offended

I will disagree those so he are sectarian

If I sung them it doesn't mean anything. I'd not hate loyalists/unionists/protestants ... these aren't mentioned in these songs anyway..
They are songs of rebellion against oppression

So stop taking offence just because you and your ilk wish to find fault

I dislike idiots and erseholes no mattter what religion or persuasion

Applesisapples

Quote from: michaelg on March 01, 2019, 11:37:58 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 01, 2019, 04:47:38 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 10:13:33 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 28, 2019, 08:57:39 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 08:19:45 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 28, 2019, 07:22:37 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 07:09:36 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 28, 2019, 03:15:12 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 02:43:06 PM
Quote from: lenny on February 28, 2019, 02:10:11 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 28, 2019, 01:12:37 PM
I don't mind Celtic. Good luck to them etc. But this blind faith, more than a club, we're a big Irish parish, Rodgers is a cheating sex addict shite is embarrassing. They're a football business.
There's also a huge sectarian element that's just glossed over. Both Celtic and Rangers feed off this to try and generate profits, which makes me a little uneasy.

You obviously don't know much about Celtics's history then.

What part is he wrong about? He's right about clubs having major issues with sectarian abuse towards opposing teams. Only this week I listened to scottish journalist discussing the issue. Steve Clarke had problems with sectarian abuse from Rangers fans and Kris Boyd got sectarian abuse from Celtic fans. Neither club seems to be doing anything to try and stamp it out and its always been there. You only have to see the poisonous atmosphere at old firm games on the tv no matter who's at home. One reason why I try to discourage my son from watching Celtic or scottish football
maybe do your research before posting such uninformed statements.

That's like saying you wouldn't let your son support Dublin in Gaelic football because they are known to be drunk, tattoo wielding, dole cheating , drug involved scumbags

If you don't like Celtic that's fine.
Interesting you are posting your ill informed misinformed statements on a Celtic thread

So youre saying the main sports writer for a scottish newspaper, steve clarke and Kris Boyd are all wrong and sectarianism doesn't exist in scottish football. I mean, maybe you're right. What would they know. They only live in scotland and either play for report on or mangage scottish premier league teams. As someone who lives in Ireland I assume you clearly understand how things work in scotland and scottish football far better.
I'm pointing out the facile examples you put up.

If the culprits were caught would they face charges of sectarianism for throwing a coin?
No. It's assault or attempted asset.

Your point about neither club ( in fact most clubs in Scotland)
Doing anything about it is also 100%  incorrect.
Go check your facts.

I didn't say sectarianism didnt exist- hence my point that Scottish clubs are trying to take measures to address it.

You don't like Celtic. Fine. But would you believe the bs from journalists about the drunken dubs fans, the drugs being taken on hill 16, poisonous atmosphere from hill 16 etc etc.. 
..would you believe that?
Would you stop your son going to croker and not support Dublin because you read that?

I was a Celtic season ticket holder for 10 years and get over to games every year. Never saw any issues.

You are still posting your ill informed carp on a Celtic thread...

If you don't like Celtic.. why bother reading this thread?

But theyre not addressing it. Steve Clarke is raising his kids outside of glasgow and is delighted they dont know what sectarianism is. That's a damning indictment of both clubs so called efforts to clean up their act. All this holier than thou nonsense and rubbish spouted that its not as bad as Liverpool ot Utd is just nonsense.

Why dont more Irish fans support Hibernian? Wasn't one of their founders an Irish man? Problem there is they arent as successful as Celtic and no bandwagon to jump aboard. If its one thing Irish fans do well is get behind a winning team

I won't resort to your level.

Go check it out.
All the Scottish clubs are a dressing it.

Get yiur head out of the sand

Just because you don't want to acknowledge it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
I'm sure the hooligan element is as bad if not worse in England.
.. songs about plane crashes, collapsing stadia and organised fighting after or before games...

Same thought process coukd be applied to 75% of Dublin fans... their ancestry is culchie... so surely they should be following leitrum or longford etc

Your arguments are without any research or understanding.

Plus again.. if you hate Celtic..  why comment here.
Your kid  has some role model... and is going to be  equally as socially ignorant and inept it would seem

Its as bad now as it was 20 years ago. Thats not me saying it thats scottish press who can look on it in a non biased way. Its farcical how Irish people, living in Ireland seem to think sectarianism isnt a big deal in scotland. Yet theyll criticise Liverpool and Utd fans and claim theyre worse for singing songs.

Im amazed Lennon went back to Celtic (and his family agreed) given all the s**te he had to deal with on and off the pitch. No amount of money is worth that. I cant belive hed want tje job on a full time basis (or his family would let him take it)

Scottish press impartial? Really?

I wouldn't trust the Scottish press at all. This is the press that printed a story with the tagging 'Barry Fergusson:my kids want to know why I'm being called an orange b**tard' with a photo showing Barry with said kids, one of whom is wearing a scarf with the words you can stick you rosary up your arse.

I'm a Celtic fan and I'm not blind. We have idiots in our support, the video posted above being an example. But the Scottish press label rebel songs as sectarian which they aren't. Their relevance at games is a different debate. I also lived in England for a long time and our fans are nowhere near the level of idiocy as English football fans
When you have had innocent family members killed by republican terrorists, I would beg to differ re Rebel songs not being sectarian
So you would ban the sash then, and all those triumphalist marches? denounce 1912 as a treasonous rebellion?

illdecide

Guys I've had a message typed up 4-5 times and then decided to remove it as the WUM's didn't deserve a response, I would suggest any sane Celtic supporter stop replying to these clowns looking a laugh at your expense. They are not Celtic fans and are only here for a piss take so please ignore their posts...As for the bit of sectarian banter/slagging again like above just try and leave it out lads, no one will win the argument as both parties believe they're right...Jasus feel like a MOD now...lol.

Big big game on Sat v Aberdeen, hopefully they will have one eye on next Tuesday's replay with the tribute act and we can finish them off. In saying all that we've been drawn the winners of this game so maybe Aberdeen will want to lay down a marker...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

playwiththewind1st

Right - who broke into his house?!

themac_23

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on March 06, 2019, 12:29:58 PM
Right - who broke into his house?!

Unfortunately, its pretty common these days, footballers etc houses being targeted when they're known to be playing away, think a few liverpool players houses being done while away for European games had been highlighted in the media. Clearly knowing Rodgers had just moved and a high probability there would be nobody there would be an attractive target to thieves, but knowing the Scottish media, it will be shown as angry Celtic fans

lynchbhoy

Big game tomorrow... with Aberdeen making statements about beating Celtic in Celtic Park!

The hibs drawing with the huns has further dented their bandwagon, so a home victory tomorrow puts the Celts 10 points ahead and really would be a Devon loch-esque collapse to lose the league from there.