GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

call the season off
positions as is  deal with promotion and relegation
this is a serious issue we are facing and the suits in Dublin need to show keadership

Last Caress

Croke park will surely be making a stated in light of the announcement by Leo.

BennyCake

Forget behind closed doors matches. Cancel the matches. Players and back room team will still be at risk.

If there's no All Ireland championships this year, well then, that's just the way it is. It's only sport. Peoples lives are far more important.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: naka on March 12, 2020, 11:28:12 AM
call the season off
this is a serious issue we are facing and the suits in Dublin need to show keadership

Call the season off and forget about promotion and relegation.

Same teams in same divisions next year and go again.
i usse an speelchekor

clarshack

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 12, 2020, 12:02:19 PM
Quote from: naka on March 12, 2020, 11:28:12 AM
call the season off

Call the season off and forget about promotion and relegation.

Same teams in same divisions next year and go again.

so long as Tyrone can play Kerry and Dublin again next year on bad pitches.

in all seriousness, i have to agree that the GAA response has been really poor on this. they need to make a statement asap.

Angelo

Potential for this week's league games now to be cancelled going by Varadkar's statement?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Angelo on March 12, 2020, 12:22:56 PM
Potential for this week's league games now to be cancelled going by Varadkar's statement?

I took it as they were definitely going to be off.

If you were a player, would you want to play?
i usse an speelchekor

Angelo

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 12, 2020, 12:25:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 12, 2020, 12:22:56 PM

I took it as they were definitely going to be off.

If you were a player, would you want to play?

You'd assume so but nothing official yet from the GAA.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

screenexile

Dublin have shut everything down. . . terrible that the a unit of the GAA is showing more leadership than the governing body!!!

ck

GAA are meeting this afternoon "to make a decision" according to recent release.

No panic there lads, take your time!

Rossfan

Quote from: screenexile on March 12, 2020, 12:51:57 PM
Dublin have shut everything down. . . terrible that the a unit of the GAA is showing more leadership than the governing body!!!
Presumably all the CC delegates/members would have to be consulted plus Co Chairs etc before any announcement.
We wouldn't want the paid "suits in Croke Park" dictating would we?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

Antrim GAA have requested that clubs suspend all activities from tomorrow until further notice..

thewobbler

Why on earth would the GAA have ordered a full shutdown when all its members are still mingling daily at school and work?

The GAA can now follow up appropriately and will do today.

Some of you are demanding. Some of you are just twisty and nasty. Most of you are just unrealistic.

ck

Quote from: thewobbler on March 12, 2020, 01:20:45 PM
Why on earth would the GAA have ordered a full shutdown when all its members are still mingling daily at school and work?

The GAA can now follow up appropriately and will do today.

Some of you are demanding. Some of you are just twisty and nasty. Most of you are just unrealistic.

It's called leadership! The GAA has a responsibility to look after the best interest of its members and players. Regardless of what other activities its members get up to there is an onus on the GAA hierarchy to give a clear direction for matches and club activity. I'm sure they will get their act together soon following the Gov announcement but I'd have expected it to be sooner.

Ambrose

GAA will confirm in next hour that as of midnight there is a blanket ban on ALL activity at every age level.
You can't live off history and tradition forever