Armagh management :Paddy O'Rourke!!!

Started by armaghniac, July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ogshead

Quote from: JMohan on August 04, 2009, 06:05:22 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on August 04, 2009, 06:04:10 PM

He wanted to continue playing, as a player coach under Grimley, and was told he should retire and the job was given to McDonnell...

That was my understanding
Also in the mix was Rafferty who had been brought in the previous year to the backroom team

I heard that boy told the Armagh players that year that they weren't allowed to talk to Grimley that year. if it's true then all he was was a yes man to Kernan so can't think for himself, wouldn't have him near the management again!!

BerfArmagh

Theres absolutely no chance of Geezer & big Paul coming back. Was talking to a member of the Kildare county board at the Tyrone match & the figures he quoted me them guys were getting shocked me. Armagh would not have anywhere near that kind of mulla at their disposal

armaghniac

I actually think that Grimley could be a divisive figure now in any case. Better to come in a few years when the original row will be overshadowed by his achievements in Kildare. With 4 Kernans on the panel and genuine debate about whether 3 of them should play he would be open to allegations of bias, whether this was true or not. The problem is where is there a good managerial candidate in here and now? Dublin's performance against Kerry indicated the quality of Armagh leadership, by manager and players, in 2000 we had the confidence to put it up to Kerry and this let us push on for another point or two in 2002.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

Quote from: BerfArmagh on August 06, 2009, 01:04:16 PM
Theres absolutely no chance of Geezer & big Paul coming back. Was talking to a member of the Kildare county board at the Tyrone match & the figures he quoted me them guys were getting shocked me. Armagh would not have anywhere near that kind of mulla at their disposal

I thought it was expenses only ??  ;)

armaghniac

QuoteI thought it was expenses only ??

Of course, a good Kerryman John O'Donoghue is advising on the proper expense rate.  :)

JMohan

Of course they're being very well taken care of.

But everyone knows people are well taken care of in coaching - especially Ulster.

E 3,100 is a nice monthly salary to be taking home for a coach isn't it?

I still expect Armagh to pull out all the stops for Grimley and make a big effort.
My bet is he will go too.

orangeman

Quote from: JMohan on August 06, 2009, 03:06:46 PM

But everyone knows people are well taken care of in coaching - especially Ulster.

E 3,100 is a nice monthly salary to be taking home for a coach isn't it?I still expect Armagh to pull out all the stops for Grimley and make a big effort.

Where did that figure come from ?

INDIANA

Quote from: corn02 on August 05, 2009, 07:25:20 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2009, 05:32:14 PM
Heard Dyas is coming home. Big boost if he does. That might be old news though.

Uunfortunately not, if only.

He is playing week in, week out in the VFL intent on breaking into the first team squad.

Well I heard that breaking into the first squad has to happen soon- otherwise he's coming home.

full back

Quote from: INDIANA on August 06, 2009, 03:11:56 PM
Quote from: corn02 on August 05, 2009, 07:25:20 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2009, 05:32:14 PM
Heard Dyas is coming home. Big boost if he does. That might be old news though.

Uunfortunately not, if only.

He is playing week in, week out in the VFL intent on breaking into the first team squad.

Well I heard that breaking into the first squad has to happen soon- otherwise he's coming home.

So he isnt coming home then ???

INDIANA

He's there 2 years now and he hasn't made a first team squad- his contract is up at the end of the season and from what i was told he's not expected to make the breakthrough at this stage of the year. They will have to offer him a new contract and I can't see them doing that unless he breaks into the first team squad. If he's not offered a new contract he's coming home. Granted he's been plaugued with injuries. Thats what I was told. And if my source is wrong- its the first time he's been wrong on anything to do with Armagh football.

Very few players are making it over there- even martin clarke has had a very difficult season

full back

So if they dont offer him a new contract he is coming home...........

You should be writing headlines in the 'Star'  ;)

The GAA

Of his two years in aussie rules he spent 12 months of it out with a career threatening injury. They have nursed him back thru the vfl in the second half of this season and won't rush him into the firsts now. your sources are very wrong as he already has a pro contract on the table.

JMohan

Quote from: orangeman on August 06, 2009, 03:10:21 PM
Quote from: JMohan on August 06, 2009, 03:06:46 PM

E 3,100 is a nice monthly salary to be taking home for a coach isn't it?I still expect Armagh to pull out all the stops for Grimley and make a big effort.

Where did that figure come from ?

They aren't getting that - but one coach I know is

Armamike

Quote from: armaghniac on August 06, 2009, 01:24:27 PM
I actually think that Grimley could be a divisive figure now in any case. Better to come in a few years when the original row will be overshadowed by his achievements in Kildare. With 4 Kernans on the panel and genuine debate about whether 3 of them should play he would be open to allegations of bias, whether this was true or not. The problem is where is there a good managerial candidate in here and now? Dublin's performance against Kerry indicated the quality of Armagh leadership, by manager and players, in 2000 we had the confidence to put it up to Kerry and this let us push on for another point or two in 2002.

There's a big assumption floating around that the 4 of them will be on the panel next year!  Nobody knows who's going to be on the panel yet.
That's just, like your opinion man.

armaghniac

QuoteThere's a big assumption floating around that the 4 of them will be on the panel next year!  Nobody knows who's going to be on the panel yet.

Well Aaron is pretty much a regular, he is not the first one you would replace. The others are certainly in contention for a panel place, whatever way you look at it. The point is that it would be better if the manager was seen not to have a particular issue with them, or any other player, one way or the other.