Started by theticklemister, October 05, 2012, 09:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

On to Cross v Kilcoo now.

drici

Hardy

Quote from: drici on December 30, 2012, 01:54:17 PM
http://www.destinationnewry.com/video/latest-video/

Anybody who wants to watch Down v Meath.

Thanks for that, Drici.

Spoilers follow if you haven't seen it.

It was interesting to watch, not that you expect to see much that's relevant at this time of year other than an indication of how the new manager wants to play. On that front, Meath played a good type of football badly (play the ball into a good position for a kick pass into the forwards), while Down played an awful brand of football well (endless handpassing, to and fro, to and fro, then back).

Meath defended well, but the forwards were poor. New corner forward Dalton McDonagh showed skill, but is very weak physically. Peadar Byrne played the Galvin/Dooher role well, but Brian Farrell was poor on the ball all through, Queeney anonymous, Collins quiet and Gilsenan pointless (in every way). Graham Reilly good at midfield, Gillespie poor at distribution. Both our defensive lines were very strong, but goalie David Lyons may have damaged his chances with a couple of bad mistakes, dropping the ball to concede a goal and hitting a short kick out to the nearest Down player, who narrowly missed another goal.

It was interesting to see Joe Sheridan come in at midfield for the second half. Interesting, but no more than that.

ONeill

Graham Reilly has wintered well, as they say in Kileeshil.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Indeed!

I remember a great guffaw moment watching a rugby match around this time a few years ago when a prop forward with the hugest belly I've ever seen outside Sumo wrestling came on as a sub and the commentator said "and on comes Johnny Jones" ... <long pause> ... "who has had a magnificent Christmas".

theticklemister

Armagh amd Down game on tonight

Shortso79

Abbey v St Pauls - Live Now

www.destinationnewry.com/video/latest-video/

Shortso79

HT St Pauls 1-3 Abbey 0-3

Second half under way

armaghniac

Cracking point for St Pauls there, feck them,
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Shortso79

FT St Pauls 1-9 Abbey 0-7

Best team won - some great long range scores from St Pauls in the second half

As an ex Abbey Man I hope St Pauls go on and win it now

Once again excellent work from the Destination Newry Team - well done to everyone involved

naka

Quote from: Shortso79 on February 08, 2013, 08:04:46 PM
FT St Pauls 1-9 Abbey 0-7

Best team won - some great long range scores from St Pauls in the second half

As an ex Abbey Man I hope St Pauls go on and win it now

Once again excellent work from the Destination Newry Team - well done to everyone involved
jodys tactics were appalling
abbey had majority of first 15 minutes of second half and carried ball into trouble
st pauls took their scores well  fiar play to them 

snoopdog

is the site down, tuned in to watch st colmans maghera

snoopdog

ignore just seen update on ulster colleges

NP 76

Is it true that Croke Park have stopped the streaming of County games and the club championship games. If this is the case it will be a big loss to the exiles who got great use of the service