Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: An Watcher on June 24, 2022, 03:18:07 PM
Don't think I ever sat down and watched it from start to finish.  Seen bits n pieces at Christmas time but maybe I will this weekend

It's got Ray Liotta and James Earl Jones too. Well worth a watch.

Turf

We like to watch an "oldie" on Saturday nights. Just a random movie from a random year.
Last night was Interview with the Vampire. Years since I've seen it but I thought it was/still is great.

JPGJOHNNYG

The new predator film is actually very good

nrico2006

Watched Nowhere Special the other day, eyes were watering the whole way through - never again.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on August 05, 2022, 10:43:23 PM
The new predator film is actually very good
I'll second that. Watched it at the weekend and thought it was great and with a rare short running time it was the icing on the cake.

quit yo jibbajabba

This threads been quiet. No good movies any more?!

Anyways - Boyz n the Hood - any good? Never watched, have it taped from last night

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 25, 2022, 12:20:18 PM
This threads been quiet. No good movies any more?!

Anyways - Boyz n the Hood - any good? Never watched, have it taped from last night

The original? Cuba junior ? Haven't seen in years, brilliant at the time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Watched it. Twas alrite. Its maybe a Spike Lee film im thinking of

nrico2006

Think Boyz in the Hood was a Singleton film, loved it back in the day and loved lots from that genre such as Menace To Society, Above the Rim, Higher Learning, Poetic Justice etc.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

If you like gawking at a mature Julia Roberts, go see Ticket To Paradise.

You'll work out the entire plot after 10 mins but herself and yer man from ER are a bit of craic.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Harold Disgracey

The Banshees of Inisherin is brilliant, very dark and funny.

J70

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on October 22, 2022, 11:42:32 PM

Looking forward to seeing this.

Getting rave reviews stateside.

screenexile

Finally a film I'm excited to go and see in the cinema!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on October 22, 2022, 11:42:32 PM
Saw it today. Fantastic stuff and great to see a biggish crowd for a daytime showing.

Itchy

Outstanding movie, we've 2 of the finest actors around in Gleeson and Farrell. Not a bloody marvel super hero in site.