Who is your favourite Irish saint?

Started by T Fearon, June 06, 2007, 01:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: full back on June 06, 2007, 03:16:29 PM
Na Bandit, He was genuinely funny unlike a lot of the new posters (students)

I agree......he kept talking about the saints "being kilt" for their beliefs...hilarious.
The Aristocrat Years

AZOffaly

I remember reading a thread on OWC one time about Saint Patrick, which featured the expected cribbing about the fact that there is tri-colours everywhere as if Patrick was only the Patron saint of the Republic. One of the posters came out with the gem that 'Saint Patrick was a Protestant anyway, so the Catholics shouldn't even be celebrating him'.  How I chuckled :D

Kerry Mike

Saint Micko de la Waterville has attained iconic status in his native Kerry and has been known to spread his wings and his gospel to varying degrees of success over the years to the great unwashed of Kildare, Laois and Wicklow.

But his miracle powers seems to be on the wane over the last few years.  Any donations are accepted however to keep this old relic going strong. Surprisingly he is still worshipped around the rest of the country in the hope that someday he may visit their sad counties and bring them to the promised land or even lead them on to the road for the promised land. His worshippers have forsaken him in the lands of the Lilly and of the Leix where they have returned to their pagen ways.

His legacy will be his triumphs over the evil blue empire of Saint Heffo D'Jackeen in the 1970's, still remembered fondly in many parts of his Kingdom.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Orior

Was there a Saint Field?

Can Ian St John be included?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Colonel Cool

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 06, 2007, 05:32:57 PM
Is Tony Fearon Armaghforsamagain?
Fearon disappeared for a while and A4SA appeared with his Death Notice thread and then his Saints thread and now A4SA has disappeared and Fearon is at the same lark.
I had originally thought A4SA again was another member of the board, but now I have my doubts.

Fearson hasn't the wit to be Armagh4 Sam Again. It hasn't been the same craic since he went back to work off the sick. Did he ever say why he was off?
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Colonel Cool on June 06, 2007, 07:24:50 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 06, 2007, 05:32:57 PM
Is Tony Fearon Armaghforsamagain?
Fearon disappeared for a while and A4SA appeared with his Death Notice thread and then his Saints thread and now A4SA has disappeared and Fearon is at the same lark.
I had originally thought A4SA again was another member of the board, but now I have my doubts.

Fearson hasn't the wit to be Armagh4 Sam Again. It hasn't been the same craic since he went back to work off the sick. Did he ever say why he was off?

Have my suspicions that he may be under threat from OWC...!!!  :o
Tbc....

Orior

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 06, 2007, 11:04:59 PM

I actually am pretty sure I know who A4SA is. I watched the board one morning and evrytime a regular poster logged out, A4SA logged in. Then A4SA would log out and this certain regular poster would log back in. Maybe it was just coincidence, but I have my doubts.

Hmmm, you're almost as big a nerd as I am.

Redgreenery

Saint Patrick, He has a day that is a public holiday, no work!! And he got rid of the snakes!!! ;)

down22

QuoteI actually am pretty sure I know who A4SA is. I watched the board one morning and evrytime a regular poster logged out, A4SA logged in. Then A4SA would log out and this certain regular poster would log back in. Maybe it was just coincidence, but I have my doubts.

Don't be saying that! It worked so much better when I could believe that A4SA was a real poster. Those saint's and death notie threads were some of the best craic. They proved to be a nice little break from revison.

Armagh4SamAgain

Has every co got its own special saint? I think Armaghs woud be St Patrick and Louth woud be St Bride. What about the other countys??

St Galls for Belfast? St Colman for Down St Canise for Derry St Lawence OTools for Dublin. An theres no feckin Sts from Tryone!! We all no that!!  ;D

We shoud be making a list of the patron st of every County in ireland.

Armagh = St Patrick
Louth = St Bride
Down= St Colman
Derry= St Canise
Antrim= St Galls
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

armaghniac

What about good old Naomh Moinna from scenic Cill SlÊibhe?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

Orior

I used to fancy the pants of Isla St Clair

Bensars

Tyrone has St Peter of Glencull...................copyright of o' Neill

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.