Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 29, 2023, 07:58:48 PM
Quote from: trileacman on December 29, 2023, 07:50:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 29, 2023, 03:53:53 PM
Quote from: trileacman on December 29, 2023, 01:58:31 PMHis take home pay would be 6million a year if he's on 250k. How much would full time security cost? 500k a year? Like if he gets security guards at the house it needs to be 365,24/7 cover or what's the point. I imagine that cover doesn't come cheap.

How much is a decent security alarm with the 24 hour cover?

Could even hire a security guard at £20000 a year cost?

£20k a year would get you less than 40 hours a week. Who covers the other 128+ hours?

That's ok, how many hours will be needed? He starts at 11pm finishes at 7am

Thieves will only break into houses which have zero protection, if there is visual protection they'll move on to the next one.

As I said on the other thread social media is a curse, brandishing top end stuff on social media sites just puts a big fecking target on your back.

So for 20k he'll get some chump to work 365 nights in the year?

You're contradicting yourself completely here. "thieves will only break into houses with zero protection, if there is visual protection they'll move on to the next one" yet in your previous sentence you suggested the guard would clock off at 7am.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 29, 2023, 08:06:30 PMThis is high end crime though not door to door burglaries.

Exactly. The figure it would take to completely deter high end robbers would be eye-watering, even for multi-millionaire footballers. I can't understand why people are reacting to this like he deserved it. Obscene as his wages may be he earned it honestly and is free to spend it as as he wishes.

I can only assume the reaction against him is your typical Irish begrudgery, bitterness and spite directed at a lad who has been successful rather than directing it towards the pricks who robbed his house. Next time someone they know gets robbed I hope they're as quick to tell them "ah you had it coming".
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trileacman on December 29, 2023, 08:14:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 29, 2023, 07:58:48 PM
Quote from: trileacman on December 29, 2023, 07:50:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 29, 2023, 03:53:53 PM
Quote from: trileacman on December 29, 2023, 01:58:31 PMHis take home pay would be 6million a year if he's on 250k. How much would full time security cost? 500k a year? Like if he gets security guards at the house it needs to be 365,24/7 cover or what's the point. I imagine that cover doesn't come cheap.

How much is a decent security alarm with the 24 hour cover?

Could even hire a security guard at £20000 a year cost?

£20k a year would get you less than 40 hours a week. Who covers the other 128+ hours?

That's ok, how many hours will be needed? He starts at 11pm finishes at 7am

Thieves will only break into houses which have zero protection, if there is visual protection they'll move on to the next one.

As I said on the other thread social media is a curse, brandishing top end stuff on social media sites just puts a big fecking target on your back.

So for 20k he'll get some chump to work 365 nights in the year?

You're contradicting yourself completely here. "thieves will only break into houses with zero protection, if there is visual protection they'll move on to the next one" yet in your previous sentence you suggested the guard would clock off at 7am.

They only need security when he's not there?

As I said, flaunting wealth on social media can have its downsides

He's lucky they didn't harm his family

Having some protection is better than none, but it's not a million quid a year to run as some figures have been put up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: trileacman on December 29, 2023, 08:23:06 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 29, 2023, 08:06:30 PMThis is high end crime though not door to door burglaries.

Exactly. The figure it would take to completely deter high end robbers would be eye-watering, even for multi-millionaire footballers. I can't understand why people are reacting to this like he deserved it. Obscene as his wages may be he earned it honestly and is free to spend it as as he wishes.

I can only assume the reaction against him is your typical Irish begrudgery, bitterness and spite directed at a lad who has been successful rather than directing it towards the pricks who robbed his house. Next time someone they know gets robbed I hope they're as quick to tell them "ah you had it coming".

Yeah people robbing houses are scum and anyone who applauds it needs to take a look at themselves.

trailer

Quote from: trileacman on December 29, 2023, 08:06:00 PM
Quote from: trailer on December 29, 2023, 06:30:19 PM

500k a year?? Must get into the security industry.

Couple of hired goons. 100k a year tops. Less than a weeks wage.

Hired goons? What are you on about! You think Grealish is gonna ring up some UVF crowd or similar wingnuts and tell them to send round a few heavies?

Count it up properly and you'll come to a proper figure. It would take 3 guys doing 8 hour shifts to cover 1 day. 2 of whom would have to be on overtime given they'll be working outside normal hours. Weekend guys would cost double time. Factor in annual leave/sick notice and you're talking 6-7 people minimum to provide 24/7 cover year round. If your willing to work full-time for 1/6th of 100K I'll send Jack on your number.

It's just to deter the potential thieves. High end crime? It's shithead opportunistic scumbags. They're not rocket scientists.
Security when he's not there. These robberies almost exclusively take place during night fixtures.
And even count it at mad money say 1mill a year, hire a whole f**king army battalion he'd still be better off. And he can write the cost off against other businesses he'd have.
It's a f**king no brainer lads.

Capt Pat

Get some cctv installed and have it monitored by a security firm is the way to go. Cctv systems are cheap these days.

I can't believe Grealish had a million pounds woth of jewelery lying around and no security systems to mind it.

trailer

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 29, 2023, 10:28:18 PMGet some cctv installed and have it monitored by a security firm is the way to go. Cctv systems are cheap these days.

I can't believe Grealish had a million pounds woth of jewelery lying around and no security systems to mind it.

Unbelievable

GAABoardMod5

jcpen

Quote from: ONeill on December 26, 2023, 10:08:11 PMEmery has a habit of collapsing after a good start.
Joint top of the table. Some collapse alright.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

jcpen

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 16, 2023, 08:44:30 PM6 clean sheets in a row for Everton
Haven't had a clean sheet since you posted this.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jcpen on December 30, 2023, 05:30:50 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 16, 2023, 08:44:30 PM6 clean sheets in a row for Everton

He shouldn't have posted that! They'd have more clean sheets...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

The 10 point deduction is beginning to bite now although they have a much better conversion rate than Forest and the bottom 3 if they can keep that going.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2023, 06:05:02 PM
Quote from: jcpen on December 30, 2023, 05:30:50 PM

He shouldn't have posted that! They'd have more clean sheets...
That's a fact!

Milltown Row2

As I've said already, Arsenal have shit the bed, bit earlier this year with no real pressure being applied.

Looking like City will have one team less to worry about, even if Arsenal get something from this game

marty34

Too early to say.

We're still only in December.  Plenty of football to be played yet, international players away for a time and a transfer window still to come.