Lockdown memories

Started by Truth hurts, June 30, 2022, 12:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

The mé féiners who couldn't give a damn about anyone else other than themselves.
Coffee stalls in horseboxes   
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

markl121

Jerusalema videos, the lean on me video, being stopped 5/6 times a day by gardai when going to work, glass cages in the pharmacy and the general public being arseholes

Substandard

Hooking up the cowbox if I wanted to go anywhere, you'd be waved through any checkpoint.
Diesel being 103.9, having to drive around a good while with the orange light on to make €50 even fit.

pbat

Bought 3000 litres of heating oil for 720 quid, still have 2000 in IBC's so will help over this winter.

And know men who got even cheaper than 24p a litre.

Tony Baloney

The class weather. Got some overhaul of the garden done.

The quiet on the roads.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 30, 2022, 10:32:55 PM
The class weather. Got some overhaul of the garden done.

The quiet on the roads.

I ended up with a pergola and sun house and patio!!

Dogs were glad I went back after 3 months though, 15 miles a day walk within a 2 miles radius of home  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jim Bob

Everyone wearing gloves at the start of the pandemic

imtommygunn

Going for runs and people either running across to the other side of the street to avoid you or people jumping into the ditch to avoid you. A few other people would put on a mask as quick as they could as you go past them as that split second will matter...

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2022, 08:24:46 AM
Going for runs and people either running across to the other side of the street to avoid you or people jumping into the ditch to avoid you. A few other people would put on a mask as quick as they could as you go past them as that split second will matter...
Going for a run and having dog shite everywhere!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

Discovering the subtle genius and beauty of Deliveroo and Just Eat. Game changer. I only just lost the covid stone this year.
Bringing a printed letter to show Gardai at the border to work down south.
Watching football in empty stadiums.

FermGael

Quote from: laoislad on June 30, 2022, 01:32:58 PM
Teachers being arseholes.

Parents trying to argue that they are key workers.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Milltown Row2

Quote from: FermGael on July 01, 2022, 09:31:50 AM
Quote from: laoislad on June 30, 2022, 01:32:58 PM
Teachers being arseholes.

Parents trying to argue that they are key workers.

Or unable to do simple sums with their kids
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gerrykeegan

My two lads doing TJ Reid hurling sessions over zoom in our small bag garden. Our gaa mentors doing sessions with the lads over zoom.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Truth hurts

The Thursday night clap at 8pm, like WTF