The next recession

Started by seafoid, February 22, 2022, 06:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: seafoid on February 24, 2022, 01:15:12 PM
Oil is going through the roof . Highest price since 2011 I believe

and going to get worse. it's bad enough now but you'd really fear for a lot of people next winter.

Solo_run

Quote from: clarshack on February 24, 2022, 01:22:25 PM

and going to get worse. it's bad enough now but you'd really fear for a lot of people next winter.

Sky News - A market analysis has predicted energy bills reaching £3000+ a year

Taylor

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 23, 2022, 12:00:08 PM
all these people building giant houses relying on electricity to run their underfloor heating could be in for a very nasty shock in the near future

I would have said oil will be a bigger concern given electricity can be generated locally

Franko

all these people building giant houses relying on electricity to run their underfloor heating could be in for a very nasty shock in the near future

Them bsatards with their efficient heating systems

Turf's yer only man  ::)

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Franko on February 24, 2022, 05:21:47 PM

Dude please I haven't been to the moss for turf since I was 16 on strict instructions from my dad. Ball breaker of a place and I think I'd rather freeze or steel the neighbours oil before I'd go back. Seamus Heaney could romanticise anything.  I've just ordered a fill of heating oil and Red diesel today as it's up 5p a litre from yesterday.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: seafoid on February 22, 2022, 06:55:35 PM
You may have noticed the return of inflation recently. Supply chain price increases have turned up in Dunnes and Lidl and at the petrol pumps. This is not a temporary phenomenon. Inflation was generated in the US and imported everywhere else. The Federal Reserve was responsible because it tore the arse out of the Money Supply in 2020 when markets crashed.

Vast bulk of it is being driven by the cost of gas and oil.

With a significantly larger proportion of the average persons income being spent on basic essentials rather than luxuries - the money markets have a proportionally lesser impact.
i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 24, 2022, 06:23:53 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 22, 2022, 06:55:35 PM
You may have noticed the return of inflation recently. Supply chain price increases have turned up in Dunnes and Lidl and at the petrol pumps. This is not a temporary phenomenon. Inflation was generated in the US and imported everywhere else. The Federal Reserve was responsible because it tore the arse out of the Money Supply in 2020 when markets crashed.

Vast bulk of it is being driven by the cost of gas and oil.

With a significantly larger proportion of the average persons income being spent on basic essentials rather than luxuries - the money markets have a proportionally lesser impact.

Money markets got the money. They speculated it.
Gas prices soared. Inflation hit the supply chain.  Then it hit the shops. Born in the USA but now everywhere. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

manfromdelmonte

Timber
We burn our own timber mainly.  Few trees down in the last few days will keep us going for another year

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 24, 2022, 07:40:12 PM

Timber
We burn our own timber mainly.  Few trees down in the last few days will keep us going for another year

Did they fall into your garden?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 24, 2022, 07:42:12 PM

Timber

Up the fields.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 24, 2022, 08:54:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 24, 2022, 07:42:12 PM

Timber

Up the fields.

Was asking as I don't think they belong to you (if they aren't on your fields) so are you allowed to cut them? Remember a lad I knew was given a warning by the forestry department
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

Quote from: Solo_run on February 24, 2022, 02:32:38 PM

ordered 1000 litres of oil 3 weeks ago and it cost £572. just checked today and 1000 litres is now £682.
18 months ago it would have been less than £280.

GJL

Quote from: clarshack on February 25, 2022, 11:30:13 AM
Quote from: Solo_run on February 24, 2022, 02:32:38 PM

ordered 1000 litres of oil 3 weeks ago and it cost £572. just checked today and 1000 litres is now £682.
18 months ago it would have been less than £280.

Mental. Same as fuel at the pump. Where is it going to end up!?

imtommygunn

I doubt this war will help either.

Rossfan

We'll have to start fracking in Laythrum, Cavan and Fermanagh....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM