China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 08:49:11 AM
Lately there has been a few highlighted sudden deaths on young people recently, the comments coming out on social media by some dafties has been really insensitive and pure lunacy..

Blaming the vaccine and booster on increased suicides in young people!! Is this a common thing opinion coming from anti vaxers?

That's pure rubbish. Lockdowns and mass hysteria were the real causes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on August 16, 2022, 10:14:13 AM
Lately there has been a few highlighted sudden deaths on young people recently, the comments coming out on social media by some dafties has been really insensitive and pure lunacy..

Blaming the vaccine and booster on increased suicides in young people!! Is this a common thing opinion coming from anti vaxers?

It seems to be. Suicides have always been reported as 'sudden deaths' but now anytime there's a sudden death reported on social media it's the usual people immediately blaming the vaccine/booster without knowing all the facts of what happened that particular person. Going forward the media should probably report suicides slightly differently so there's no doubt as to what has actually happened.

Anyway I'll be taking the new updated booster, it produces an eightfold increase in antibody levels therefore it looks like it will be a once a year thing just like the flu jab.

The article did have as a footnote mental health awareness links
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

grounded

There is always some 'dafties' on both sides of any argument particularly this one. 
          Co-incidentally when you use the term anti-vaxers, is that

A. Those people that are totally anti vaccine of any kind
B.  Those that are anti-covid 19 vaccine(no matter what manufacturer) but have no problem with other non covid 19 vaccines.
C. Or those that think that the covid 19 vaccine is a useful tool for a certain section of population but have concerns with the testing/licensing/rollout/mandatory use of the vaccine.
D. All of the above

clarshack

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 10:16:49 AM

It seems to be. Suicides have always been reported as 'sudden deaths' but now anytime there's a sudden death reported on social media it's the usual people immediately blaming the vaccine/booster without knowing all the facts of what happened that particular person. Going forward the media should probably report suicides slightly differently so there's no doubt as to what has actually happened.

Anyway I'll be taking the new updated booster, it produces an eightfold increase in antibody levels therefore it looks like it will be a once a year thing just like the flu jab.

The article did have as a footnote mental health awareness links

That should be enough to differentiate you would think.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on August 16, 2022, 03:34:36 AM
Quote from: J70 on August 16, 2022, 01:00:50 AM
Quote from: Gmac on August 15, 2022, 09:36:50 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 15, 2022, 08:36:58 PM
Quote from: Gmac on August 15, 2022, 07:24:59 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 15, 2022, 07:14:33 PM
Quote from: Gmac on August 15, 2022, 07:10:08 PM
The more shots you get the worse your own immune system becomes and you become more likely to get the virus is how I see it at the moment.

Based on?
common sense , something sadly lacking in most people these days .

Ah ok, I thought there might have been some scientific or medical basis for your declaration.
it was science to ban djokovic from us open last week this week it's not keep up with the science j70 and get your booster .

Yeah I'll get my booster. I've a sibling who is an infectious diseases doctor to advise me. I'll listen to them and medical and public health professionals. People who have a bit of hard won knowledge and expertise to bring to the table.

You go right ahead and mock and rely on your "common sense" and right wing political hacks.
experts  who said take the vaccine and you are good no chance of infection or you can't transmit the virus to others  ?
Or when they said take a booster and you're good , or take 2 boosters and you're good ?
no politics involved from me here it's my own opinion but I do remember joe and Kamala publicly
stating they wouldn't take any vaccines that had anything got to do with the trump administration.
I've my opinion you have yours .

Science is always about what you know at the time. Things change as more data is collected, and so the science and the medicine has to follow the data, especially with an evolving virus. And that's the point - it is open to correction when warranted and accumulating data fills out the picture.

Whereas your "common sense", "non-political" opinion is based on...?

And as usual you can't get your facts straight when it comes to politics.

Biden and Harris said they wanted independent scientific review of the vaccines. Why? Because at the time Trump had politicized the f**k out of the vaccines too, openly pushing for them to be rushed out because he openly figured it would boost his chances of re-election.

From the Bunker

I don't understand this. What age are you? What are you afraid of? Previous vaccines have been over-rated/over-stated as to immunity. Do you really believe them this time as to its efficiency? Do you really want a substance put into your system that creates an eightfold increase in Antibody levels? Does something as artificial as that seem strange for a disease that you have a 99%+ chance of surviving.

Last Man

If you want to get the booster get it, if you don't that's fine also. It's a personal choice that no-one should be penalised for.
Thankfully we now have plenty of data to review so we can make informed decisions. It's inconceivable to me at least that we would react in the same way against a similar threat in the future. Hopefully lessons have been learned.

Last Man

Sorry to hear you had a tough time with it but I urge to figure out what else you can do to make you less susceptible in future. Sounds like it's a no brainer for you in terms of a booster but if it was me I'd still spread my bets.

armaghniac

Quote from: Last Man on August 16, 2022, 12:18:49 PM
Sorry to hear you had a tough time with it but I urge to figure out what else you can do to make you less susceptible in future. Sounds like it's a no brainer for you in terms of a booster but if it was me I'd still spread my bets.

No doubt he should also look at other precautions, but in addition to the booster which is no brainer.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Had the virus a while ago nothing to report didn't even know I had it...

Is that down to the vaccine
Being fit
Or just a poor reduced strain?

Who knows.. but that stuff on social media implying that vaccines were causing sudden deaths is just wrong
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 12:58:43 PM

Being fit

Who knows.. but that stuff on social media implying that vaccines were causing sudden deaths is just wrong
It's no one thing but in terms of risk reduction there is little point in forcing vaccines on young people for minimal benefit and even a possible chance of harm. My kids are over 18 and can make up their own minds but if they were still U18 I don't think based even on the strangely limited number of studies I could live with myself to force it on them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on August 16, 2022, 02:17:16 PM

Being fit

It's no one thing but in terms of risk reduction there is little point in forcing vaccines on young people for minimal benefit and even a possible chance of harm. My kids are over 18 and can make up their own minds but if they were still U18 I don't think based even on the strangely limited number of studies I could live with myself to force it on them.

I agree, its up to them and if they are adults then that's their choice, those deaths I mention they were adults with mental health issues, not as a result of covid vaccines but social media has thrown up these questions

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 16, 2022, 10:48:31 AMI don't understand this. What age are you? What are you afraid of? Previous vaccines have been over-rated/over-stated as to immunity. Do you really believe them this time as to its efficiency? Do you really want a substance put into your system that creates an eightfold increase in Antibody levels? Does something as artificial as that seem strange for a disease that you have a 99%+ chance of surviving.

why do you care so much? 

J70

Quote from: Last Man on August 16, 2022, 11:13:16 AM
If you want to get the booster get it, if you don't that's fine also. It's a personal choice that no-one should be penalised for.
Thankfully we now have plenty of data to review so we can make informed decisions. It's inconceivable to me at least that we would react in the same way against a similar threat in the future. Hopefully lessons have been learned.

Even if we find ourselves where we were in March/April 2020?

Novel virus, about which we know little in terms of transmission, except that it is highly contagious; hospitals and their staff overwhelmed to breaking point; people dying; little known in terms of how to treat, never mind cure it; no vaccine; massive PPE shortages?

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 03:23:14 PM
Quote from: Last Man on August 16, 2022, 02:17:16 PM

Being fit

I agree, its up to them and if they are adults then that's their choice, those deaths I mention they were adults with mental health issues, not as a result of covid vaccines but social media has thrown up these questions.

Ok think I might be off topic. Kicking myself for getting back into this conversation lol.