Author Topic: Medical Status of Boardmembers  (Read 38838 times)

balladmaker

• Irish To The Core!
    • View Profile
Re: Medical Status of Boardmembers
« Reply #360 on: May 20, 2022, 05:08:50 PM »
Fair play BH, delighted to hear of your ongoing progress, enjoy!

grounded

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 20, 2022, 06:09:49 PM »
Just brilliant news and over the moon for you.

joemamas

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 20, 2022, 08:36:22 PM »
Great to hear.

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 20, 2022, 09:22:30 PM »
Mighty stuff BH. Keep her lit. It gives us all a lift to read your story from day 1 and seeing how far you've travelled in the right direction.
Finest GAAboard moment: finished joint first on week 2 of the League prediction competition.

gerrykeegan

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 20, 2022, 10:58:24 PM »
Always a bit nervous when this thread gets updated. But brilliant to see you getting better and better.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Armagh Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 20, 2022, 11:24:40 PM »
BH you are an absolute Trouper.......glad you are doing so well, and hope you continue to improve.  Stay Safe too

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 20, 2022, 11:45:57 PM »
BH-you’re an inspiration to us all.

Long May it continue

Dire Ear

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 21, 2022, 04:50:18 PM »
Good man MrH,  continued steady progress

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 22, 2022, 11:06:02 PM »
UnderTheLights, I kept meaning to ask how did your open heart surgery go?
Finest GAAboard moment: finished joint first on week 2 of the League prediction competition.

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 29, 2022, 08:56:01 AM »
Deborah James, or bowel babe as she was known through her podcast died yesterday, for me this strikes a chord due to my own father dying of bowel cancer and my sister a bowel cancer survivor...

Some cancer's are easily treated if caught early, I say easily treated but that's from my perspective of doing the hospital runs not actually taking the treatment, my sister had the signs but didn't act until the week of my dads funeral, the tumor was large and aggressive, but luckily for her was contained in the bowel and had breached the walls, one more week or two and I'd be posting a different post..

The treatment of chemo is horrible for most, but until something else is found its the only way to get most cancers, that and radiotherapy, the amount of times my sister told me to f**k off when I said you've only a few more to do you can do this was plenty, we laugh now but it was a horrible time for her and others going through it.

Check your pooh, if your are noticing something different about your body, get it checked out, prolonged niggles or coughs, few friends recently caught throat cancer, non smokers and fit guys late 40's..thankfully for them and their families they have come out the other end after doing something about it.. one of them is doing marathons now!!

Deborah James took some much time to reply to people who messaged her on social media, my sister even got a reply to her last year and listening to 5 live on the way in was a tough listen as she was a regular on that show in the evenings
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea