Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

joemamas

Jeepers Creepers

Good man BH! Wishing you all the best!

Armagh Girl

Great News Ball Hopper, you are truly Inspirational after all that you have went through.  You should be so proud of yourself, and best of luck for the next part of your Journey.  Remember we are all Thinking about you and your family !

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Square Ball

absolutely fantastic news, and great you shared this
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Ball Hopper

Mid-May update as promised.  Don't post as much anymore, but read the board most days - don't think I've forgotten about my friends here.

Glad to report that improvement is continuing.  Might be slower than the medics like, but if I'm in great shape a year after the final surgery rather than 6 months after it - who cares once the year is up?  Certainly it will make no difference to me.

Last report had me in the bathroom at night about once every 9 or 10 nights.  Right now, I'm on a streak of 22 consecutive nights with no interruption.  Delighted with that, obviously.  I finally got to the proper diet that wasn't causing problems - a low roughage/fiber diet. 

Now is the time to start adding some roughage/fiber, which I will do slowly.  A small bowl of cereal for breakfast instead of scrambled eggs for a start.  Adding too much too soon will cause problems, so I'll take it slowly.  Adding a little more every week or 10 days is the plan, as well as cutting back as necessary if things go wrong, is what I see for the next few months. 

I'll have another colonoscopy and a full-body CT scan by late August and I'm hoping for continued good news then.

I'm tapering off some of the neuropathy drugs, plus some others as well.  A twelve-week stint to get done with them will pass quickly with no withdrawal effects, I hope.  Glucose levels spiked a little higher, but I've not been exercising much since the last surgery in November, so getting the walking shoes out again should help.  Learning how to stretch properly (without overdoing it) is also important.  Weight is just a bit above where I want to be, but very close to target all the same.

Oddly enough, I've lost all interest in having wine, cider or beer.  Plenty of it in the house, but I've no desire to have any.  I'm quite happy with a glass of water as herself has a glass of wine watching TV at night.  I wouldn't even have a taste at this stage. 

Thanks again for the continued good wishes - I feel them every day.  I'll post again in August, after the next round of tests. 

Until then, everyone take care of yourselves and those around you and have a great summer.

quit yo jibbajabba

Swear you came into my head half an hour ago mucker glad youre improving and headin the right way still

armaghniac

Well done Ball Hopper. Enjoy life
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Taylor

BH - absolutely flying - well done

johnnycool

well done hopper, you'll be on the new spuds come July.

Jeepers Creepers

Good stuff BH! Great to hear things still improving. Thanks for the update

J70

rosnarun

Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 20, 2022, 07:17:20 AM

Mid-May update as promised.  Don't post as much anymore, but read the board most days - don't think I've forgotten about my friends here.

Glad to report that improvement is continuing.  Might be slower than the medics like, but if I'm in great shape a year after the final surgery rather than 6 months after it - who cares once the year is up?  Certainly it will make no difference to me.

Last report had me in the bathroom at night about once every 9 or 10 nights.  Right now, I'm on a streak of 22 consecutive nights with no interruption.  Delighted with that, obviously.  I finally got to the proper diet that wasn't causing problems - a low roughage/fiber diet. 

Now is the time to start adding some roughage/fiber, which I will do slowly.  A small bowl of cereal for breakfast instead of scrambled eggs for a start.  Adding too much too soon will cause problems, so I'll take it slowly.  Adding a little more every week or 10 days is the plan, as well as cutting back as necessary if things go wrong, is what I see for the next few months. 

I'll have another colonoscopy and a full-body CT scan by late August and I'm hoping for continued good news then.

I'm tapering off some of the neuropathy drugs, plus some others as well.  A twelve-week stint to get done with them will pass quickly with no withdrawal effects, I hope.  Glucose levels spiked a little higher, but I've not been exercising much since the last surgery in November, so getting the walking shoes out again should help.  Learning how to stretch properly (without overdoing it) is also important.  Weight is just a bit above where I want to be, but very close to target all the same.

Oddly enough, I've lost all interest in having wine, cider or beer.  Plenty of it in the house, but I've no desire to have any.  I'm quite happy with a glass of water as herself has a glass of wine watching TV at night.  I wouldn't even have a taste at this stage. 

Thanks again for the continued good wishes - I feel them every day.  I'll post again in August, after the next round of tests. 

Until then, everyone take care of yourselves and those around you and have a great summer.

God to hear your doing well
my mother had something similar lost a lot of her sense of taste. so she started on Gin.
hardeet thing was she was kinda told to eat a no fibre sweet diet Which went against all her principals and better Judgement
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

balladmaker

Fair play BH, delighted to hear of your ongoing progress, enjoy!