Club communication/texting service

Started by JimStynes, March 18, 2017, 10:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

How do you all contact your club members or people people in your parish? We are looking at setting up a texting service or email service that makes it easy to contact everyone in the club, or specific teams and parents. I know schools use this a lot, but they pay for it. We need something to contact people at the click of a button. Facebook is good but it doesn't get to everyone.

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JimStynes

Have used it in the past but didn't like it. The one I use in school is very good but expensive!

omagh_gael

Would WhatsApp not be the best option? Easy to set up different groups for different teams etc. We use it for underage coaching and have separate coaches groups and parents groups. Means you can bounce ideas around all coaches before the text gets sent out to the parents.

JimStynes

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 18, 2017, 02:50:10 PM
Would WhatsApp not be the best option? Easy to set up different groups for different teams etc. We use it for underage coaching and have separate coaches groups and parents groups. Means you can bounce ideas around all coaches before the text gets sent out to the parents.

We have whatsapp for all different coaches etc. I am talking something that can send out a message to 1000 people in one go. Or if you want it to only go to under 16 down then click a button and send it to that specific age group.