FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2017, 09:43:05 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 06, 2017, 08:06:20 PM
Comparing the two Irish teams.

Northern Ireland have scored 16 goals in their 8 games that's 2 goals a game and have conceded just two goals both against Germany in a 2-0 defeat, so 7 clean sheets. The other night they had just 23% possession 3 shots on target and won 2-0.

Republic of Irelands defence is doing as well as expected with 6 goals conceded but just nine goals scored in their 8 games is the problem area and very few clear cut chances are created in games either. Wales will be unbeaten going into the final game i also think 0-0 is written all over that game.

Actually watched the Welsh game, they play at better standard than both Irish teams...

Hard to say that when their record against all but Moldova is one win and five draws. Bang average, just like ourselves. Do-or-die brings out the best in us. Plenty of reason to expect us to put in the best shift of the campaign in Cardiff.

T Fearon

Does it matter? Both Irish teams would be an embarrassment currently at World Cup Finals,though the IFA and FAI only really care about the money qualification would bring.

On the other hand,emboldened by Mc Gregor's effort against Mayweather,maybe Martin O'Neill should send out the Dubs against Wales

mouview

Quote from: T Fearon on September 07, 2017, 07:49:58 AM
Does it matter? Both Irish teams would be an embarrassment currently at World Cup Finals,though the IFA and FAI only really care about the money qualification would bring.

On the other hand,emboldened by Mc Gregor's effort against Mayweather,maybe Martin O'Neill should send out the Dubs against Wales

The Norn at least would have a go at playing something approaching football. Then again, given that the World Cup nowadays has become a bang-average after-thought tournie, I doubt anyone would take much notice of Irelands' paucity.

Applesisapples

Given that on paper the ROI would have the edge on quality (though debatable) the difference has to be in the coaching surely?

Dire Ear

Am I the only one who expects more of McGeady?

mouview

AZOffaly

An Watcher

If the Welsh don't beat the Georgians there is a very good chance they'll have nothing to play for against us, assuming we beat the Moldovans.  After looking through the groups I believe that only Scotland's or Greece's group would allow Wales to sneak into the play offs after beating us. 
It would make a helluva difference having to win in Wales when the home team have nothing to play for but second place and 9th place of the second places teams. 

bogball88

If anyone hears of a spare ticket going for the Wales match next week please let me know, like hens teeth at the moment

JPGJOHNNYG

Bale out. Expect O Neill to set up for a draw against Moldova lol. All joking aside it can only get better. For the Wales, Austria and Georgia matches we were shite and could have lost the lot of them. We played better against Sebia but lost go fiigure. To be honest 2 wins still looks pretty doable if you didnt have the previous muck form to go on

laoislad

Will two wins even be enough for a play-off?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JPGJOHNNYG

magpie seanie

So beat Moldova Friday and then break out the Fellaini wigs Saturday!

TheOptimist

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 03, 2017, 02:46:54 PM
So beat Moldova Friday and then break out the Fellaini wigs Saturday!

...But if Bosnia slip up Greece can catch them and be on 13 points. 2 wins should do it. Or if Wales slip up a draw against Maldova and win over Wales will even prob do.