FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: angermanagement on November 13, 2014, 02:28:13 PM
From the report I heard Keane and this fella have history so there's probably more to it.

Your man has written (presumably critical) about Keane before and is the son-in-law of a well known entertainer. Any clues as to identity?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Croí na hÉireann

AZOffaly

You make it sound like Roy couldn't hunt him down :) What's he doing in Brazil? A book about soccer? He does seem fairly knowledgeable about Brazil, although mind you I'm not so he could be a complete bluffer. On other topics where I have some knowledge he has made some crazy statements in the past.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 13, 2014, 03:02:18 PM
You make it sound like Roy couldn't hunt him down :) What's he doing in Brazil? A book about soccer? He does seem fairly knowledgeable about Brazil, although mind you I'm not so he could be a complete bluffer. On other topics where I have some knowledge he has made some crazy statements in the past.

Married to a Brazilian and was over there for the World Cup. Not sure how he continues to write based over there though. Yeah, he doesn't like to sit on the fence alright, it's either black or white. What crazy statements are you referring to?

AZOffaly

Ara loads of them. Basically anything he writes that is designed to just make people choke on their cornflakes.

Fuzzman

I see McCarthy and Whelan have been sent home for treatment to their clubs.
I was kinda looking forward to 4 Everton players lining out with Coleman, Gibson, McCarthy and McGeady
When the last time Ireland had 4 starting players from the one team?

I won't be surprised to see McGeady score in this game. He'll be well up for it to silence the boo boys and he's been playing well the last few games for us Toffees.

What's Keogh like at centre half?

johnneycool

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 13, 2014, 03:31:39 PM
I was kinda looking forward to 4 Everton players lining out with Coleman, Gibson, McCarthy and McGeady

I won't be surprised to see McGeady score in this game. He'll be well up for it to silence the boo boys and he's been playing well the last few games for us Toffees.

McCarthy a big loss as he is playing well for Everton.

From the Bunker

The Days of Liverpool Alderidge/Whelan/Houghton/Staunton or Lawrenson/Robinson/Beglin/ or Babb/McAteer/Kennedy -

and  Man U - McGrath/O'Brien/Moran/Stapleton/  or O'shea/Irwin/Keane/miller

or Arsenal -  Brady/Stapleton/Devine/O'Leary/Quinn

JoG2

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 13, 2014, 02:51:11 PM
Janey, this will set the cat loose among the pigeon in the English FA.

http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/story/2144647/fifa-report-clears-qatar-but-criticises-england-over-2018-world-cup-bid

"Fifa's independent ethics adjudicator was responsible for drawing up the report"....Id say there will not be too many people believe this rubbish. Rotten to the core, and greedy beyond belief.

Canalman

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 13, 2014, 04:13:23 PM

The Days of Liverpool Alderidge/Whelan/Houghton/Staunton or Lawrenson/Robinson/Beglin/ or Babb/McAteer/Kennedy -

and  Man U - McGrath/O'Brien/Moran/Stapleton/  or O'shea/Irwin/Keane/miller

or Arsenal -  Brady/Stapleton/Devine/O'Leary/Quinn

Or Villa......... McGrath, Townsend, Houghton and Staunton.

muppet

Footage from outside the hotel bar yesterday!

Two of them went for him!

(Not mine - Stolen from twitter)
MWWSI 2017

rrhf

Oldest trick in the book. All the fuss over Keane. Takes the pressure off the team. 3rd game in a row. Genius