The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

You sound like a right barrell of laughs!  This team has worked its way to no 1 rating in the world, no matter what happens at the World Cup you have to admit that's some achievement.

seafoid

Quote from: bannside on December 09, 2022, 08:32:10 AM
You sound like a right barrell of laughs!  This team has worked its way to no 1 rating in the world, no matter what happens at the World Cup you have to admit that's some achievement.
They are not afraid of anyone, can play against any style and have a strong panel .
The lads hanging out of Etzebeth in the recent match against Sith Ifrika would be a good example.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: bannside on December 09, 2022, 08:32:10 AM

It certainly is but until we get a good run in a WC there will always be an "underachieved" moniker hanging over this team as the talent is obviously there, it's just that we make a mess of world cups.

Feck the upcoming 6N's, work at getting greater strength in depth in key positions, outhalf being one of them, decide who the No2 and No3 outhalf is going to be and give them serious gametime. Sexton needs to be wrapped in cotton wool at this stage anyway.

Wildweasel74

Dont think Ireland put in a big push in the 6 nations, probably lose e a couple of games. Need sort out one of wingers, back row back up, get that bollix Henderson fit for off the bench. What happy if Sexton gets injured, how good the bck up under pressure. Still think Ireland can break previous let downs and win the world cup.

An Watcher

Honestly think ireland are winning nothing at the world cup.  The draw has just screwed them over bigtime.  Hope I'm wrong but just too difficult

seafoid

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 09, 2022, 09:37:50 PM
Dont think Ireland put in a big push in the 6 nations, probably lose e a couple of games. Need sort out one of wingers, back row back up, get that bollix Henderson fit for off the bench. What happy if Sexton gets injured, how good the bck up under pressure. Still think Ireland can break previous let downs and win the world cup.
I think a qf win would be massive. Wales never got to the final. Neither did Scotland. France lost 3
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hound

Quote from: An Watcher on December 10, 2022, 07:11:49 AM
Honestly think ireland are winning nothing at the world cup.  The draw has just screwed them over bigtime.  Hope I'm wrong but just too difficult
Yep, the draw is a disaster. 2 of the current best 4 teams in the world won't make the semi finals. Then whoever comes through that side and makes the final will have had 3 monster matches and will likely play an England team who have coasted to the final and just need one big performance to win it.

Itchy

Jaysus, who would have thought the posh boys from D4 would go full RA today by playing Oh Ah up the Ra across the Tannoy system. I wonder will they get dragged through the tv screens like the soccer girls did and made to a public apology? Or will the D4 media quietly sweep it under the carpet?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/leinster-rugby-apologise-for-playing-up-the-ra-song-at-rds-after-win-over-connacht-42256846.html

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on January 01, 2023, 11:01:05 PM
Jaysus, who would have thought the posh boys from D4 would go full RA today by playing Oh Ah up the Ra across the Tannoy system. I wonder will they get dragged through the tv screens like the soccer girls did and made to a public apology? Or will the D4 media quietly sweep it under the carpet?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/leinster-rugby-apologise-for-playing-up-the-ra-song-at-rds-after-win-over-connacht-42256846.html

Leinster on the front foot with the apology. Will probably save them the FAI embarrassment.

Also hearing that Leinster are taking steps to establish how the feck-up happened in the first place

Itchy

Quote from: smelmoth on January 01, 2023, 11:27:39 PM

Leinster on the front foot with the apology. Will probably save them the FAI embarrassment.

Also hearing that Leinster are taking steps to establish how the feck-up happened in the first place

They'll be saved by their accents. In Dublin it's all about class.

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on January 01, 2023, 11:44:36 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on January 01, 2023, 11:27:39 PM

They'll be saved by their accents. In Dublin it's all about class.

But you wouldn't dispute the fact that Leinster were on the front foot to apologise.

Time will tell if anyone directly involved in Leinster were involved in this calamity. And if they were then further action should be expected

Itchy

I couldn't give a f**k about the song. It's a harmless song. What I am commenting on is the difference of the venom that will be directed at the upper class D4s versus the working class ladies soccer players. We all saw how RTE and broadsheets knocked a week of bullshit out of it, let's see do the rugger boys get the same treatment.

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on January 01, 2023, 11:52:26 PM
I couldn't give a f**k about the song. It's a harmless song. What I am commenting on is the difference of the venom that will be directed at the upper class D4s versus the working class ladies soccer players. We all saw how RTE and broadsheets knocked a week of bullshit out of it, let's see do the rugger boys get the same treatment.
At this stage nobody is clear that this happening has anything to do with Leinster. But it did happen on their watch and they have been in the front foot in apologising for that. No doubt that there should be further investigation and we can react to that.

Totally different to the ladies football team. And not because of accents or addresses

Itchy

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 01, 2023, 11:57:31 PM
Obviously, whoever played this song on the tannoy should lose their job, at the very least. However, I expect all CCTV footage to be explored and anyone found to be singing along should also lose their job.

Lose their job, nothing short of being publicly hung, drawn and quartered in public with Joe Duffy as MC should be good enough.

tonto1888

The replies here just show what itchy was talking about is a real thing