The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

The states will decide their policies going forward and even the most strict ones will have a clause in there for rape or incest I would think .
The zeal with which some protesters have about this issue is bordering on demonic also my body my choice except if it's a new vaccine , total loons

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Gmac on June 24, 2022, 06:20:31 PM
The states will decide their policies going forward and even the most strict ones will have a clause in there for rape or incest I would think .
The zeal with which some protesters have about this issue is bordering on demonic also my body my choice except if it's a new vaccine , total loons

That's extremely naive. Missouri has already outright banned abortion and is looking at contraception. A huge amount of rights derived from RvW's principle of privacy. The state has now awarded itself huge power over it's citizens. Everythimg from abortion to interracial marraige is up in the air.

RedHand88

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on June 25, 2022, 12:59:10 PM

That's extremely naive. Missouri has already outright banned abortion and is looking at contraception. A huge amount of rights derived from RvW's principle of privacy. The state has now awarded itself huge power over it's citizens. Everythimg from abortion to interracial marraige is up in the air.

Christ. You are proving his point.

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 25, 2022, 01:12:31 PM

While a threat to interracial marriage is hyperbole, the threat to things like gay marriage, homosexual conduct and contraception is not. Clarence Thomas laid it out. Gay marriage has been federally legal for less than ten years. Abortion stood for 50.

And the underlying hostility of the American right to LGBTQ issues is still very significant. Whether its truck loads of "patriots" (i.e. white christian supremacists) travelling to inflict violence on pride parades, the attempts to intimidate libraries to take down pride decorations and get rid of drag queen book readings, the bullshit about "child grooming" we've been hearing over the past months, the will is there among the MAGA shower and their more brazen representatives to try to force gay people off the public stage and back into the closet. I guess its this year's critical race theory hype.

Let's hope the rest of the Supreme Court conservatives are true to their word (although ask Susan Collins and Joe Machin, who were shocked - shocked I tell ye  ;)- when the two boys voted to overturn Roe!) and they'll reject the cases when they reach their level (which they will).

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on June 25, 2022, 02:34:09 PM

While a threat to interracial marriage is hyperbole, the threat to things like gay marriage, homosexual conduct and contraception is not. Clarence Thomas laid it out. Gay marriage has been federally legal for less than ten years. Abortion stood for 50.

And the underlying hostility of the American right to LGBTQ issues is still very significant. Whether its truck loads of "patriots" (i.e. white christian supremacists) travelling to inflict violence on pride parades, the attempts to intimidate libraries to take down pride decorations and get rid of drag queen book readings, the bullshit about "child grooming" we've been hearing over the past months, the will is there among the MAGA shower and their more brazen representatives to try to force gay people off the public stage and back into the closet. I guess its this year's critical race theory hype.

Let's hope the rest of the Supreme Court conservatives are true to their word (although ask Susan Collins and Joe Machin, who were shocked - shocked I tell ye  ;)- when the two boys voted to overturn Roe!) and they'll reject the cases when they reach their level (which they will).
maybe joe or his handlers should nominate someone who can argue the pro abortion argument better than the latest justice who doesn't know what a woman is according to her approval testimony.

whitey

Quote from: Gmac on June 25, 2022, 05:07:24 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 25, 2022, 02:34:09 PM

maybe joe or his handlers should nominate someone who can argue the pro abortion argument better than the latest justice who doesn't know what a woman is according to her approval testimony.

The Democrats are losing their minds

Never mind defining a woman-you're not allowed say the word mother or mom without offending someone

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-admin-replaces-mothers-birthing-people-maternal-health-guidance-1598343?amp=1

"When we talk about birthing people, we're being inclusive. It's that simple. We use gender neutral language when talking about pregnancy, because it's not just cis-gender women that can get pregnant and give birth. Reproductive freedom is for *every* body.""

J70

Yes, the secret channels have been going full steam telling all the Dems and liberals across the country they're not allowed to use the word "woman". ::) ;D

Honestly whitey, its one thing for Gmac coming out with this horseshit. You're smart enough to know better.

Jackson correctly deflected Blackburn's grandstanding gotcha question. Just like every other Supreme Court nominee before her when confronted with a showboating Senator in the nomination approval charade. Its a no win situation, so you go with the answer that will do you least harm, especially when you're not getting any opposition votes anyway.

Trans issues, especially the politics, are a difficult, novel subject for most people. Trivializing and dehumanizing these people should be beneath any decent person.

whitey

Relax J70......it was a tongue in cheek comment

I am fully in favor of transgender rights, but the people I see online are becoming a parody of themselves scolding people for not using the correct pronouns

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 25, 2022, 07:57:22 PM
Relax J70......it was a tongue in cheek comment

I am fully in favor of transgender rights, but the people I see online are becoming a parody of themselves scolding people for not using the correct pronouns

Fair enough.

And yes, Twitter etc is full of idiots.

People need to calm it down. If someone wants to be addressed by certain pronouns, then respect their wishes.

If someone mistakenly, without malice, uses the wrong ones, move on.

Baile Brigín 2

It's one of the things that the 'right to' was removed by removing RvW

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Windmill abu on June 24, 2022, 03:56:45 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 24, 2022, 03:33:09 PM
Contraception
Same sex relationships
Same sex marriage

will all be going next

No they wont. Because they aren't killing unborn children.

Do you really think this is about abortion? That Trump, who pays for sex, gives a damn about it?

This is about reversing social gains minorities and women won and giving the government much more power over people. As it is on Hungary and Poland.

Gabriel_Hurl

Gmac

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 28, 2022, 09:51:39 PM
anything newsworthy today?

Trump threw a temper tantrum when the secret service refused to take him to the Capitol. He assaulted his driver, tried to grab the steering wheel, and demanded that the guy do as he says because "I'm the f***ing president." Trump wanted to lead the mob from the front, march into the senate chamber, and stop the certification process.

He asked that the mob be let onto the scene without having to go through metal detectors and didn't care if they had assault rifles because "they're not here to hurt me." Meaning he was fine with having an armed mob storm the capitol with assault rifles.

He also was prone to throwing temper tantrums in the White House dining room, throwing his meals against the wall, breaking plates, pulling the tablecloth off and dumping everything on the floor, whenever he didn't get his own way. The ketchup on the wall was a result of him being told that there was no evidence of losing the election to voter fraud.

Seems like the 2020 election was his first ever experience of someone saying "no" to him and his toddler-like mind was incapable of processing it.

Gmac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 29, 2022, 11:02:35 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 28, 2022, 09:51:39 PM
anything newsworthy today?

Trump threw a temper tantrum when the secret service refused to take him to the Capitol. He assaulted his driver, tried to grab the steering wheel, and demanded that the guy do as he says because "I'm the f***ing president." Trump wanted to lead the mob from the front, march into the senate chamber, and stop the certification process.

He asked that the mob be let onto the scene without having to go through metal detectors and didn't care if they had assault rifles because "they're not here to hurt me." Meaning he was fine with having an armed mob storm the capitol with assault rifles.

He also was prone to throwing temper tantrums in the White House dining room, throwing his meals against the wall, breaking plates, pulling the tablecloth off and dumping everything on the floor, whenever he didn't get his own way. The ketchup on the wall was a result of him being told that there was no evidence of losing the election to voter fraud.

Seems like the 2020 election was his first ever experience of someone saying "no" to him and his toddler-like mind was incapable of processing it.
eamon and hurl still watching msnbc I see