The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 23, 2023, 08:14:02 PM
Quote from: Brendan on December 23, 2023, 07:37:17 PMThe title of this thread seems appropriate again, real chance at the title being thrown away with silly draws

Arsenal is not a silly draw, they are one of the best teams in the league.

Can't beat them at home and won't beat them away

J70

Quote from: Brendan on December 23, 2023, 08:15:57 PM
Quote from: Brendan on December 23, 2023, 07:37:17 PMThe title of this thread seems appropriate again, real chance at the title being thrown away with silly draws

Probably not, but you'd also be fairly happy with a point at the Emirates.

Capt Pat

Is Chambers good enough for left back against Burnley or will Gomez cover there?

jcpen

Only a point off the top at at Christmas, I'm sure most of the Liverpool fans on here would have taken that at the start of the season.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Capt Pat

Quote from: jcpen on December 23, 2023, 08:31:51 PM

Only a point off the top at at Christmas, I'm sure most of the Liverpool fans on here would have taken that at the start of the season.

It is the 2 points clear of City when they win their games in hand that I would take.

jcpen

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 23, 2023, 08:55:22 PM
Quote from: jcpen on December 23, 2023, 08:31:51 PM

It is the 2 points clear of City when they win their games in hand that I would take.
Citys next two games are away to Everton and away to Newcastle. No guarantees they win either game.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Milltown Row2

Both Newcastle and Everton lost today so not a surprise if City beat them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Much happier with our last two performances. The tempo from the start v West Ham was so much better than against the mancs. Slow start against Arsenal but played well after that. Probably should have won it in the end but not much between the teams.

Endo has improved hugely with his run of games as has Kostas, so big shame that he is out for long enough spell.

Still plenty to work on, so I can why my bookies has it:
City 5/4
Arsenal 2/1
Liverpool 3/1

But if City continue to stutter there might be an interesting title race.

Although we probably lose more with the African and Asia championships than those two.

From the Bunker

At least (for the moment) the Premier league is not a two horse race. The Relegation battle is usually the more exciting part, and that looked done and dusted.

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

trailer

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Deerstalker

Quote from: trileacman on December 26, 2023, 06:46:32 PM1-1 written all over this

Perfectly good Liverpool goal ruled out in first half, what is the point of VAR when they don't remedy mistakes by the ref ?

J70

Quote from: Deerstalker on December 26, 2023, 06:52:59 PM
Quote from: trileacman on December 26, 2023, 06:46:32 PM1-1 written all over this

Perfectly good Liverpool goal ruled out in first half, what is the point of VAR when they don't remedy mistakes by the ref ?

Wasn't a "clear and obvious" wrong call. Had he called it as not a foul, they would not have overturned that either.

The second one where Salah was literally pushed offside by the defender was a f**king joke.

Game changed completely after that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on December 26, 2023, 07:12:59 PM
Quote from: Deerstalker on December 26, 2023, 06:52:59 PM

Wasn't a "clear and obvious" wrong call. Had he called it as not a foul, they would not have overturned that either.

The second one where Salah was literally pushed offside by the defender was a f**king joke.

Game changed completely after that.

Not sure he was 'pushed' off side.. didn't see him not off side of the ball before it was played, unless someone can show it differently
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea