The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Theres still far bigger names over there than Henderson. As long as Ronaldo is over there his name alone will attract attention not to mention likes of Neymar and Mane and others.

All depends on whether they get bored of throwing hundreds of millions at players but I can see plenty more being tempted in the future.

statto

Salah away off with hamstring injury just before half time in Egypt game doesn't look too bad but not sure if it's a good or bad thing.kudus scores immediately for Ghana.

markl121

From the Bunker

I have no issue with the tournament. Just, why isn't it held every 4 years and in the Summer?

Read somewhere it is a major junket for the Boys. Hence it being every two years.

An Watcher

Was of the same viewpoint but the more I ghought about it I think they should stick to their guns.  Why should they follow the others as they've held this tournament for years like this. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 18, 2024, 10:09:35 PMI have no issue with the tournament. Just, why isn't it held every 4 years and in the Summer?

Read somewhere it is a major junket for the Boys. Hence it being every two years.

I'm the summer it's too warm, the leagues could have a break of league and play a lot more of the cup games.

Picking players from Africa it's known well in advance that they will pick someone who's going to be missing.

That's on the manager
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2024, 10:42:47 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 18, 2024, 10:09:35 PMI have no issue with the tournament. Just, why isn't it held every 4 years and in the Summer?

I'm the summer it's too warm, the leagues could have a break of league and play a lot more of the cup games.

Picking players from Africa it's known well in advance that they will pick someone who's going to be missing.

That's on the manager

From what I've read, Liverpool board bought Salah. Klopp wasn't all that gone on the purchase. So it's on the Board!  ;D

gawa316

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 19, 2024, 03:46:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2024, 10:42:47 PM

That's on the manager

From what I've read, Liverpool board bought Salah. Klopp wasn't all that gone on the purchase. So it's on the Board!  ;D

Correct...Klopp wanted Brandt

Armamike

Salah supposedly out for 2 matches so hopefully it's not too bad.  Rare to see him pick up an injury. Would have to happen on bloody international duty.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Hound

The biggest risk is that he comes back for the QF, and it's soon, and then a gets a proper injury that keeps him out for months.

Hound

Good win against a team in good form.

Absolutely cast iron pen not given to Jota when we were only 1 up and I thought that would come back to bite,  but they dug it out.

Very good performances and finishes from Jota and Darwin. It took us a while to get going, but during that period MacAllister was our driving force, one of his best games for us I thought. Konate playing really well, but if that was an injury he suffered at the end it could be very costly.

Young Bradley playing terrific, great to see an Irish lad holding his own

RedHand88

Bradley is class. Doherty needs to get on the phone.

statto

Two big games now against Chelsea who seem to perform better against the better sides and then trip to Arsenal.The best compliment can give young Bradley is that Trent hasn't been overly missed and was able to get an assist also.The much maligned Gomez also filling in well at left back.

statto

Nunez while far from finished article now has 7 goals and 8 assists in 13 starts in the league which is impressive.Good to see himself and Jota step up in Salah absence, Jota has looked very good since came back from injury.

From the Bunker

Quote from: statto on January 21, 2024, 07:10:38 PMNunez while far from finished article now has 7 goals and 8 assists in 13 starts in the league which is impressive.Good to see himself and Jota step up in Salah absence, Jota has looked very good since came back from injury.

Jota is a no nonsense player. Strong, determined and direct. A good guy when a game is in the balance.