Anyone hear of this band?

Started by Zulu, December 16, 2008, 09:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

The Fleet foxes, I've never heard of them but came across them surfin the web and i think they are brilliant, check out these links.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DrQRS40OKNE&feature=channel

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=brZTvGIzeGg&feature=related

under the bar

Awesome.  Anyone got their album?

deaconblue

very good band, one of the groups ive most listened to this year, they come from seattle but are not part of
the seattle scene, much more at home in the countryside, which is reflected in there music, its easygoing sound is
akin to classics 60's sounds like csny. played in dublin not too long ago but i could not attend, but will make sure to see them next time,
a highly recomended group.

carribbear

All new music is awful

correction - all new bands are awful. It's a get rich quick we all sound the bloody same era

Don't get me started on the so-called R&B or "Rap" stuff...

ONeill

That shite makes Captain Kennedy sound like The Beatles.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zulu

Jesus the one thing I'll say about these lads is they don't sound the same as everyone else.

carribbear

Apart from The Jonas Brothers, the bad boys of Disney. They're class.

Zulu

Are CK some band from Ulster that were in some talent show a while back? If so I presume comparing these lads to them is another way of saying ye don't think much of them.

QuoteApart from The Jonas Brothers, the bad boys of Disney. They're class.

Never heard of either but I'll check them out. Anyway I think Fleet Foxes are class but each to their own.

Zulu

Just checked them out carribbear, so i take you're not impressed with Fleet foxes, either that or your deaf :)

carribbear

Quote from: Zulu on December 17, 2008, 12:17:56 AM
Just checked them out carribbear, so i take you're not impressed with Fleet foxes, either that or your deaf :)

So did I, didn't think much of the first song, the second was a little bit better but still not something you'll want to hear on a regular basis. Couldn't see myself wanting to put that on my personal stereo system.

thejuice

I've heard a lot about them but I've yet to hear their music. I must give them an earwigging later.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Dinny Breen

Yea I have heard them, they're not bad, remind me of the Beach Boys and The Byrds, not sure what the story with the Jesus look is though...
#newbridgeornowhere