Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 04, 2021, 10:24:31 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 04, 2021, 09:02:17 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 02, 2021, 08:26:39 PM
United have actually been pretty consistent in the league, from a point gaining perspective, over the past year in the league. Saw a 'table' the other day showing the standings of the PL teams since Fernandes joined United. Over the 30 odd games, United were top.

Definitely seem to be gaining a little more consistency and little more confidence.

Baily helps at the back, genuinely think if we had better RB and LB would be a serious threat. But think they are still a couple of players short to maintain a title challenge. Hope I am wrong though.

You say about a better RB and LB, what was the point of spending £50m on AWB?  I thought he was the second coming. I think he is a good solid defensive RB but as I said above he is not the smartest player and is very much a 'last ditch' tackling defender. Young and can learn though. Also Alex Telles was brought in to supplement Shaw. Maybe what is needed is patience and let the players that are there settle and develop?

That is exactly the point though AWB is a solid defender but lacks the attacking threat. I like Telles good quality on the ball.

It is an important position in the modern game and I am not sure if AWB young as he is, will progress the attacking side of his game enough. I would be happy to be proved wrong.

GJL

I see Darren Fletcher has officially joined the first team management team. Good addition. Was always an intelligent midfielder so hopefully he can pass that on. The likes of Fred should benefit greatly.

reillycavan

Rashford and Martial AWOL again tonight.

reillycavan

8 clean sheets in a row for Man City now.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: reillycavan on January 06, 2021, 09:24:08 PM
8 clean sheets in a row for Man City now.

Chelsea scored on sunday past against them
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Capt Pat

2-0 now. No way back for United. City really do take this competition seriously.

Rich Ricci

Toothless enough performance from Utd tonight. Both goals were avoidable but city were superior.

Fernandes was well below his best and martial can fair sicken your pish...

maldini

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 06, 2021, 09:29:41 PM
2-0 now. No way back for United. City really do take this competition seriously.

Both teams took it seriously fielding their strongest possible teams
When you get to the semis and get drawn against local rivals you're going to

Milltown Row2

City are hitting form, be interesting see how they perform in the next few league games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Deserved win for City, Pep certainly loves this competition.  The first goal in what was a cagey affair was always likely to make a telling difference.

Two goals conceded from poorly defended corner kicks, City in comparison was well organised throughout and in Ruben Dias they seem to have found a replacement for Kompany.

reillycavan

snoopdog

The best team won. no complaints. Defending was atrocious for both goals. Utd are miles of city. 3rd place is realistic but I cant see a title challenge.

NAG1

Back to the disappointing tepid stuff.

City cut through quite easily in their good period in the first half, despite two holding MF. But after that they were not massively threatening, only on a couple of turn overs.

Teams have figured the team out a little, they are happy to leave Shaw and AWB on the ball as they know they won't go the by line and cross it or pick a pass, so teams can defend very narrow and crowd the centre which makes it difficult to play through.

Martial's form is concerning and has been for a while.

nrico2006

Martial isn't good enough and should be sold.  Shaw is a major disappointment too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

snoopdog

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 07, 2021, 08:59:18 AM
Martial isn't good enough and should be sold.  Shaw is a major disappointment too.
Cavani has to start after his ban is up. Martial is a favourite of Joel glazer he wont be sold. Realistically who wants a striker with 2 goals.