Author Topic: The Official Golf Thread  (Read 769156 times)

highorlow

• View Profile
Re: The Official Golf Thread
« Reply #7695 on: March 17, 2023, 01:26:48 AM »
Anyone watch Full Swing on Netflix?

Iím not really spoiling it much by saying that there is no truer saying in life than money doesnít buy happiness.

Golf is an individual sport but for me the last clip from the last episode (cleverly set up by Netflix I reckon) is poignant.

I much prefer to be hacking around at the weekend and having a few trips to Portugal on the beer every year than becoming one of those rich  lifeless robots.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 01:33:20 AM by highorlow »

Puckoon

• View Profile
« Reply #7696 on: March 17, 2023, 03:07:31 AM »
Anyone watch Full Swing on Netflix?

Iím not really spoiling it much by saying that there is no truer saying in life than money doesnít buy happiness.

Golf is an individual sport but for me the last clip from the last episode (cleverly set up by Netflix I reckon) is poignant.

I much prefer to be hacking around at the weekend and having a few trips to Portugal on the beer every year than becoming one of those rich  lifeless robots.

Well unless you're holding back on signing with a tour, I think you are ok and you probably don't need to alert Portugal that you're on your way!

highorlow

• View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: March 17, 2023, 10:15:57 AM »
Well unless you're holding back on signing with a tour, I think you are ok and you probably don't need to alert Portugal that you're on your way!

Well when I do sign and when I win the fedex Iíll invite you over to celebrate the $18,000,000 win rather than having a wee glass of wine in the locker room on my own.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #7698 on: March 20, 2023, 02:03:15 PM »
Sihwan Kim has finished dead last in both LIV events this year - a combined 58 shots worse than the winner and has earned a cool $240k for that.

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: Today at 11:40:39 AM »
LIV is a joke, a golf society for has been pro's.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #7700 on: Today at 11:50:30 AM »
Sihwan Kim has finished dead last in both LIV events this year - a combined 58 shots worse than the winner and has earned a cool $240k for that.

It's a nonsense tour. It will need to change radically for it to have any interest from Joe Public. If and when someone defects the other way and asks back onto the PGA tour you' imagine whatever credibility it has it will have lost.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: Today at 12:16:12 PM »
Have any of the big names played any way decent recently??

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #7702 on: Today at 12:18:50 PM »
Have any of the big names played any way decent recently??

DJ played fairly well last year. Apart from that I think it's a pretty dour affair.