Hamas attack Israel & subsequent genocide

Started by bennydorano, October 07, 2023, 09:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: theskull1 on January 11, 2024, 08:12:02 AMBest of luck to South Africa as the ICJ hearing starts this morning.

The evidence is overwhelming but you know that there will be some barrier or technicality thrown in here to stop this proceeding, or to delay it for years. Either that or the ICJ will be accused of being Anti Semitic.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on January 11, 2024, 08:15:06 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on January 11, 2024, 08:12:02 AMBest of luck to South Africa as the ICJ hearing starts this morning.

The evidence is overwhelming but you know that there will be some barrier or technicality thrown in here to stop this proceeding, or to delay it for years. Either that or the ICJ will be accused of being Anti Semitic.

Mentioned it before, SA would need to look at itself as well, the country is a mess, corruption, unemployment, poverty, lawlessness, regular blackouts..

But yeah, I suppose it has to start somewhere and might encourage other countries to get behind them 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2024, 09:26:11 AM

Mentioned it before, SA would need to look at itself as well, the country is a mess, corruption, unemployment, poverty, lawlessness, regular blackouts..

But yeah, I suppose it has to start somewhere and might encourage other countries to get behind them 

you did mention it before and I was wondering why? it doesn't matter which country referred Israeli Genocide to the ICJ, or what problems you perceived that country to have it pales in comparison to Genocide.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 11, 2024, 09:32:45 AM

you did mention it before and I was wondering why? it doesn't matter which country referred Israeli Genocide to the ICJ, or what problems you perceived that country to have it pales in comparison to Genocide.

I'm for it and said in both posts, but this is a country that you wouldn't let your worst enemy stay in, on the international stage it just wouldn't bring enough clout with it to actually bring attention, It needs to be the Swiss or France or the UK to really step up and file those charges
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2024, 09:54:06 AM

I'm for it and said in both posts, but this is a country that you wouldn't let your worst enemy stay in, on the international stage it just wouldn't bring enough clout with it to actually bring attention, It needs to be the Swiss or France or the UK to really step up and file those charges

Quite a lot of those issues you highlighted about SA also apply to the UK, but in relation to bringing this Genocide hearing to the ICJ it really shouldn't matter the background to the country who's rightly bringing this to light.

The West have turned a blind eye to this particular genocide.

theskull1

Only takes a couple of minutes (if even) to send a letter to your in country representatives urging support for this ICJ case

(Irelands email recipients)
newyorkpmun@dfa.ie,
richard.boydbarrett@oireachtas.ie,
clare.daly@europarl.europa.eu

A call to countries to intervene in ICJ proceedings against Israel
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on January 11, 2024, 10:02:18 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2024, 09:54:06 AM

Quite a lot of those issues you highlighted about SA also apply to the UK, but in relation to bringing this Genocide hearing to the ICJ it really shouldn't matter the background to the country who's rightly bringing this to light.

The West have turned a blind eye to this particular genocide.
If you think quite a lot of the issues below relate to the UK then I want what you are smoking.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/location/africa/southern-africa/south-africa/report-south-africa/

That said I also believe what they have done, internationally as a government in this instance is brilliant and hopefully other countries follow suit as it will take more than one country to try and hold Israel accountable for their deplorable genocide actions for the past 70 odd years!

Again just in case its lost on here, I've mentioned each time, I applaud their actions   

theskull1

Check out how BBC wants to report this story and compare to another news organization. Not a trustworthy source of news.   

Iran seizes oil tanker St Nikolas near Oman - reports

"It is unclear why the tanker has been targeted."

Iran navy says it seized oil tanker off Oman

"Iran has seized a tanker with Iraqi crude destined for Turkey in retaliation for the confiscation last year of the same vessel and its oil by the United States, Iranian state media reported, a move likely to stoke regional tensions.

"The Navy of the Islamic Republic of Iran seized an American oil tanker in the waters of the Gulf of Oman in accordance with a court order," the state-run IRNA news agency said.

"After the theft of Iranian oil by the United States last year, St Nikolas tanker was seized by Iran's Navy", the navy said, as cited by the Iranian news agency Fars."

Rossfan

Nearly crashed th'oul van this evening when Putin's cheerleader Clare Daly came on the News praising SA for taking the Israeli Criminal Government to the Court of Justice.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dec

BBC

Iran seizes oil tanker St Nikolas near Oman

"Iranian state media, quoting the navy, said the seizure was in retaliation for the ship and oil it had aboard being confiscated by the US last year. "

Itchy

Blinne Ni Ghralaigh at the ICC today as part of the South African legal team. Speaking so eloquently about the genocide of Gaza.

I wonder does Micheal Martin and Leo Varadkar not feel shame that she is the only Irish representative in the room. It hard to see how Israel can possibly defend these accusations legally. I imagine they'll play the man, not the ball.

theskull1

Quote from: dec on January 11, 2024, 05:46:22 PMBBC

"Iranian state media, quoting the navy, said the seizure was in retaliation for the ship and oil it had aboard being confiscated by the US last year. "

Recently updated the report

thebigfella

Quote from: theskull1 on January 11, 2024, 05:55:35 PM
Quote from: dec on January 11, 2024, 05:46:22 PMBBC

Recently updated the report

That's how it works as more information becomes available from reliable sources  ::)

JohnDenver

Quote from: Itchy on January 11, 2024, 05:54:10 PMBlinne Ni Ghralaigh at the ICC today as part of the South African legal team. Speaking so eloquently about the genocide of Gaza.

I wonder does Micheal Martin and Leo Varadkar not feel shame that she is the only Irish representative in the room. It hard to see how Israel can possibly defend these accusations legally. I imagine they'll play the man, not the ball.

interesting thread here in what inspired here career choice. history repeating itself. Rotten shower of bastards.

https://x.com/soundmigration/status/1745370585733984376?s=46&t=IHjD5eqKRmQgG3lH7T5iGg