Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piskin

Utd win win no title with Bruno in the team, Utd need two top class midfielders alongside Casemiro. Need a top class keeper who can marshall his defence and come for crosses. Sancho a waste of space and should be sold off like Fred, McTominay & Dalot. Not to mention Maguire!! Shaw being given a new contract is a mistake. Utd need at least 5 top players if they are to compete for the top trophies.

gawa316

So would that be the final nail of the old quadruple attempt or do we wait until it's mathematical impossible?

From the Bunker

snoopdog

I'd agree on Bruno. He isn't the player he was in his 1st 12 months. Gives the ball away too often and his constant whinging and moaning is boring at this stage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: snoopdog on April 03, 2023, 08:18:46 AM
I'd agree on Bruno. He isn't the player he was in his 1st 12 months. Gives the ball away too often and his constant whinging and moaning is boring at this stage.

You'd have thought the Ronaldo was the problem at Utd ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2023, 08:48:27 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on April 03, 2023, 08:18:46 AM

You'd have thought the Ronaldo was the problem at Utd ;)

Bruno has been outstanding in some of the games lately, he is playing out of position for the team to make the system work. Yeah he is not everyone's cup of tea but don't let that distract from the fact he has been one of the top performers for the team.

Poor performance yesterday first time would have questioned ETH's selection but can see the reasons for it after the international break, they are a different team without Casemiro unfortunately.

Armamike

The problem Man U have with Casimero is that he's 30. He's going to pick up injuries, he's not going to be able to play every game. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armagh18

Quote from: Armamike on April 03, 2023, 10:23:27 AM
The problem Man U have with Casimero is that he's 30. He's going to pick up injuries, he's not going to be able to play every game.
He's well rested with all the suspensions.

snoopdog

Quote from: Armamike on April 03, 2023, 10:23:27 AM
Injuries aren't the issue. It's refs sending him off.  ;D

Captain Scarlet

Bruno is a man who had stats to really hide some poor performances. He takes corner, free kicks and often penalties and then the talk is of chances created, etc.
In the game last year v Athletico he stank the place out of it, BUT he passed it to Elanga on the run whp scored. Then there was the talk of his assist even though it was a basic pass.

Maybe it's because I don't like his arm waving and whinging but he also seems to go missing against the really big teams too.

Overall keep Fred as an honest back-up and buy a young hungry player for midfield. United could afford Bellingham...and if they bought Kane that would change the whole thing.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

trailer

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on April 03, 2023, 11:51:36 AM
Bruno is a man who had stats to really hide some poor performances. He takes corner, free kicks and often penalties and then the talk is of chances created, etc.
In the game last year v Athletico he stank the place out of it, BUT he passed it to Elanga on the run whp scored. Then there was the talk of his assist even though it was a basic pass.

Maybe it's because I don't like his arm waving and whinging but he also seems to go missing against the really big teams too.

Overall keep Fred as an honest back-up and buy a young hungry player for midfield. United could afford Bellingham...and if they bought Kane that would change the whole thing.

We will win nothing with players like McTominay and Fred. AWB, Weghorst, Martial. These are not Man Utd players. They are Stoke and Burnley footballers.
Investment is needed. EtH has done wonders with this skip fire of shite that Ole assembled. The team needs about 500m spent on it if they want to compete. 

trailer

Quote from: trailer on April 03, 2023, 12:19:08 PM

We will win nothing with players like McTominay and Fred. AWB, Weghorst, Martial. These are not Man Utd players. They are Stoke and Burnley footballers.
Investment is needed. EtH has done wonders with this skip fire of shite that Ole assembled. The team needs about 500m spent on it if they want to compete.

I didn't even mention the horror show that is Harry Maguire. 80m. What was Ole and the board thinking?

toby47

Quote from: trailer on April 03, 2023, 01:33:20 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 03, 2023, 12:19:08 PM

I didn't even mention the horror show that is Harry Maguire. 80m. What was Ole and the board thinking?

It's hard to even see where Maguire could go next or where you could flog him to. Rumoured to be on 190K a week, united seriously need him off the wage bill.

Piskin

500 mil at least, Utd need half a team to compete at the top level. If Ten Hag signs weghorst and keeps Maguire  then serious questions need to be asked about him.

From the Bunker

Maguire has 3 more years left on his contract. Yes he is on £190K a week.
That's £30m in wages. You'd have to give him away for free.
If United sell him they'd probably have to subsidise his wages at what ever club he goes to.
That's if he decided to leave and join a Leceister, a West Ham, a Brighton..... He'd not be going to the big hitters.

England have set up a system that make Maguire competent and useful. Of course International Football is of a lower standard so it's easier to hide a players faults with a decent system.