Diesel, petrol, oil price watch

Started by Dire Ear, March 08, 2022, 10:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Nevermind fuel, noticed 1 x tin of Heinz beans in a local petrol station yesterday for £1.69, country is bucked.

Nanderson

Anyone know what diesel price is in Banbridge Tesco or Go station. Heading through the area tomorrow

marty34

Quote from: Nanderson on September 17, 2023, 11:44:39 AM
Anyone know what diesel price is in Banbridge Tesco or Go station. Heading through the area tomorrow

Is there a difference in price between north and south now?

I read recently that the government in south added 6 or 7c to a litre.

Nanderson

Quote from: marty34 on September 17, 2023, 01:35:17 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on September 17, 2023, 11:44:39 AM

Is there a difference in price between north and south now?

I read recently that the government in south added 6 or 7c to a litre.
Did they add back some of the fuel duty that they subsidised?

armaghniac

Quote from: Nanderson on September 17, 2023, 03:01:13 PM

This was the second of three steps to restore the cut in duty last year. However, they don't look like going ahead with the third one in October as oil has gone up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

marty34

Quote from: armaghniac on September 17, 2023, 03:09:56 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on September 17, 2023, 03:01:13 PM

This was the second of three steps to restore the cut in duty last year. However, they don't look like going ahead with the third one in October as oil has gone up.

So is it dearer in north or south?

armaghniac

Diesel might be a cent cheaper in the south, depending on how you change your money. Petrol is cheaper in the North at present.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Onthe40

Any inklings on oil prices, need a fill, is it as cheap now as it will be, id assume it'll only go higher as we head towards the winter?

Sportacus

Quote from: Onthe40 on September 18, 2023, 10:36:24 AM
Any inklings on oil prices, need a fill, is it as cheap now as it will be, id assume it'll only go higher as we head towards the winter?
I'm not sure what the outlook is but unfortunately a barrel of oil is up 30% since June and a thousand litres is up well over £200 in the same period.

toby47

tonto1888

Diesel at circle k has dropped 8p per litre since lunch time  The one in lurgan.

bennydorano

Will take a while to filter through but assuming this goes ahead it should be good news for consumers as the price of Oil should drop with an increase in production. A f**k you to OPEC+ from Biden.

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/17/us-reportedly-to-ease-venezuelan-oil-sanctions

Smokin Joe

I see that crude oil has fallen 4% today.
Anyone know, typically, how long that drop will take to be seen in home heating oil prices?

trailer

Black Friday deals this week. Keep an eye out. Don't know if I could queue for hours to save £10.

nrico2006

Biggest scumbags about. It comes up instantly but takes weeks to go down, as 'we bought it at that price'.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'