Diesel, petrol, oil price watch

Started by Dire Ear, March 08, 2022, 10:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

OPEC (UAE & Iraq) in talks to increase supply which lead to the biggest daily drop in wholesale oil & gas prices in a few years although prices still at a high.

93-DY-SAM

Let's see how quick a drop in crude prices makes it to the pumps.

Average Score

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 10, 2022, 07:22:15 AM

Will it heck - folk will continue to rip their fellow citizens off for as long as they can.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Average Score on March 10, 2022, 07:43:11 AM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 10, 2022, 07:22:15 AM

Will it heck - folk will continue to rip their fellow citizens off for as long as they can.

Oh I know. They are quick to put them up and squeeze the f**k out of people.

toby47

Red diesel £1.39 & £1.49 in 2 garages this morning. About 6 months ago it was £0.69

Rudi

Quote from: toby47 on March 10, 2022, 08:11:18 AM
Red diesel £1.39 & £1.49 in 2 garages this morning. About 6 months ago it was £0.69

I paid 4.60 for a pint of red diesel at the weekend  ;D

Milltown Row2

Picked up 500L for just over £500, has the price went down? Was expecting it to be worse
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Went for a run at lunch. Mile 1 passes a garage where petrol was 161.9 - mile 5 on the way home also passes that garage and it was 165.9!

There is rumour of prices going down yeah. Not seeing much of that from a petrol / diesel perspective and we have gas so not following oil prices.

toby47

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 14, 2022, 04:22:58 PM
Went for a run at lunch. Mile 1 passes a garage where petrol was 161.9 - mile 5 on the way home also passes that garage and it was 165.9!

There is rumour of prices going down yeah. Not seeing much of that from a petrol / diesel perspective and we have gas so not following oil prices.

I hope ye filled up on mile 1 and not mile 5.

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 14, 2022, 04:20:08 PM
Picked up 500L for just over £500, has the price went down? Was expecting it to be worse

The old refereeing money being put to use

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 14, 2022, 04:20:08 PM

Prices have declined by 10% since their peak in the middle of last week. Hard to know what way it will go, the only saving grace is that heating oil will be in less demand in a month or two.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

whitey

There's a new RAV 4 plug in Hybrid over here-first 40 miles are done on a charge, then gasoline kicks in

There's a long waiting list and now some dealerships are getting $5K ABOVE MSRP

I'm looking for a used car right now and you can't touch a hybrid-you'd be as well off buying a regular car and just putting the difference towards petrol

Crazy times

J70

Quote from: whitey on March 14, 2022, 06:23:08 PM
There's a new RAV 4 plug in Hybrid over here-first 40 miles are done on a charge, then gasoline kicks in

I'm looking for a used car right now and you can't touch a hybrid-you'd be as well off buying a regular car and just putting the difference towards petrol

Crazy times

The waiting lists are on a lot of brands.

I had to trade in last summer as my old car developed a few issues which, unless you're a mechanic yourself, cost more to fix than the car was worth.

Luckily our dealer had a new car we liked enough to buy straight away (Subaru Outback XT), but had we not taken that colour/options, you were looking at three weeks for the next delivery. Apparently its months now and gouged-up prices at some dealers.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on March 14, 2022, 08:01:54 PM

Crazy times

I had to trade in last summer as my old car developed a few issues which, unless you're a mechanic yourself, cost more to fix than the car was worth.

Luckily our dealer had a new car we liked enough to buy straight away (Subaru Outback XT), but had we not taken that colour/options, you were looking at three weeks for the next delivery. Apparently its months now and gouged-up prices at some dealers.

I have learner drivers that I need a car for

$20K just became $30K

johnnycool

Quote from: whitey on March 14, 2022, 09:14:15 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 14, 2022, 08:01:54 PM

Crazy times

I have learner drivers that I need a car for

$20K just became $30K

World wide shortage of processor chips caused by factories in SE Asia, China etc etc being well down in capacity during Covid and they still haven't caught up on that backlog, chips are now x 10 the prices in some instances that they should be and that's pushing the prices of cars and lots of other things up..