Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Mikhailov

Quote from: thebuzz on January 29, 2024, 12:27:08 AMAs far as I know Cahair O'Kane put out a starting 15 without a Glen man mentioned so there were more than Silver Hill who got it wrong.

In fairness to Cahair, he posted a photo of the match programme team but did say clearly to expect multiple changes to the starting line up

JohnDenver

With regards to McKaigue - I reckon he knows himself that he will need a run of games and to keep injury free so that he's fully firing come championship time and a firmer sod.  No easy task when hitting the mid 30s to play in the full back line picking up marquee forwards.

Is McEvoy injured?

toby47

Quote from: JohnDenver on January 29, 2024, 08:38:55 AMWith regards to McKaigue - I reckon he knows himself that he will need a run of games and to keep injury free so that he's fully firing come championship time and a firmer sod.  No easy task when hitting the mid 30s to play in the full back line picking up marquee forwards.

Is McEvoy injured?

Yeah, but not serious. In the reckoning this weekend.

Silver hill

Quote from: redzone on January 28, 2024, 08:07:47 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on January 28, 2024, 05:37:35 PMGood man. If there'd been any dacency in Big Glass he'd a texted ye to tell ye he was in fact playin'
Extremely unlikely any conversation did take place. But if it did Glass seen right thru him so spun him one. Knew he couldn't hold his water, and was proved right.

Ah very good Redzone, I'm afraid I'm too long in the tooth to come onto a discussion board claiming conversations that didn't happen.
I can only rely what he told me at the time. With hindsight, it was very likely that if the 3 boys were travelling then they were more than likely going to play or else why bother.
Anyway, Conor had plenty on his mind by the looks of things, winning an all Ireland with his club, leading Derry out against the kingdom and then getting engaged. A busy lad but no better man for it.

Derry Optimist

No matter which way you look at Saturday night's game against Kerry one must commend Derry for both the quality and intensity of their play. Unlike many Derry teams of the past they also have the resilience and determination to come back immediately after conceding a score and score themselves.

Now that they have set high standards for themselves I feel that they lack a consistent long distance free taker. Presumably management is aware of this and it is difficult to see any of the current starters successfully taking over this role. Over the past few years Niall Loughlin,Conor Doherty and now Conor Glass have been tried in this role with varying degrees of success.Perhaps posters have some ideas on how this area of the team's development could be improved. Perhaps Odhran Lynch and Ciaran McFaul are secretly training g to improve their long distance accuracy!! 

Looking forward to another good performance against Tyrone. It would be nice if Eoin McEvoy and his clubmate, Cormac Murphy, would both be available to start and that Oisin McWilliams and Enda Downey would be able to take their places on the bench.

toby47

Quote from: Derry Optimist on January 29, 2024, 08:48:54 PMNo matter which way you look at Saturday night's game against Kerry one must commend Derry for both the quality and intensity of their play. Unlike many Derry teams of the past they also have the resilience and determination to come back immediately after conceding a score and score themselves.

Now that they have set high standards for themselves I feel that they lack a consistent long distance free taker. Presumably management is aware of this and it is difficult to see any of the current starters successfully taking over this role. Over the past few years Niall Loughlin,Conor Doherty and now Conor Glass have been tried in this role with varying degrees of success.Perhaps posters have some ideas on how this area of the team's development could be improved. Perhaps Odhran Lynch and Ciaran McFaul are secretly training g to improve their long distance accuracy!! 

Looking forward to another good performance against Tyrone. It would be nice if Eoin McEvoy and his clubmate, Cormac Murphy, would both be available to start and that Oisin McWilliams and Enda Downey would be able to take their places on the bench.

Not sure why the new thread?

What's the story with all the Downey's? All now playing football in Antrim, none seem to have kicked on at all? Are they dogged with injuries?

shawshank

admin will you put this unto the main thread.

GAABoardMod5

Topics merged...new board makes it difficult to delete old threads (or, and this is more likely, I don't know what I'm doing).

So keep it on topic and no need for multiple threads on the local football scene in Derry.

Enjoy

Brendan

Dublin the only league match close to a sell out last year, I'm assuming Tyrone on Sunday will be close to a full house?

Keyser soze

Did I read somethere that there's an event for Sean Brown before the games?

JohnDenver

Quote from: Keyser soze on January 31, 2024, 09:18:03 AMDid I read somethere that there's an event for Sean Brown before the games?

Keyser soze

shawshank

Quote from: toby47 on January 30, 2024, 10:11:40 AM
Quote from: Derry Optimist on January 29, 2024, 08:48:54 PMNo matter which way you look at Saturday night's game against Kerry one must commend Derry for both the quality and intensity of their play. Unlike many Derry teams of the past they also have the resilience and determination to come back immediately after conceding a score and score themselves.

What's the story with all the Downey's? All now playing football in Antrim, none seem to have kicked on at all? Are they dogged with injuries?

Seriously what has Enda Downey done to get that promotion in your opinion D.O. Have seen hi a few times and he has been underwhelming.

seanyb

Quote from: shawshank on February 01, 2024, 11:44:27 AM
Quote from: toby47 on January 30, 2024, 10:11:40 AM

Seriously what has Enda Downey done to get that promotion in your opinion D.O. Have seen hi a few times and he has been underwhelming.

+1.

onefineday

Quote from: Mikhailov on January 29, 2024, 08:29:31 AM
Quote from: thebuzz on January 29, 2024, 12:27:08 AMAs far as I know Cahair O'Kane put out a starting 15 without a Glen man mentioned so there were more than Silver Hill who got it wrong.

In fairness to Cahair, he posted a photo of the match programme team but did say clearly to expect multiple changes to the starting line up
It's time that shite was ended one way or the other. Utterly pointless bollox of naming a fake team 3 days in advance, adopt a premier league style 1 hour before throw in or a rugby's 2 days before, unfortunately our version requires both of the above and helps nobody.