Rats deserting the sinking ship!

Started by comethekingdom, January 06, 2011, 09:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comethekingdom

Reports this evening that there will be only about 60 sitting FF TD's heading into the next election.
Looks like some of these gangsters/parasites havent even the balls to face the electorate and take the hiding that they deserve. Instead they are retiring for various " health/family/personal" reasons and laughing and sniggering at us all with their self imposed pension entitelements and severance payoffs etc. It makes me sick I'll tell ya.  >:( >:(

Boycey

People can't have it everyway. We all want rid of them but want them to stand in the election for some sort of ritual humiliation. Just be happy they are not standing, who knows maybe their replacements will be more honourable people.

seafoid

Most of them haven't a hope of being re-elected.
All political careers end in failure but it doesn't usually happen en masse.

The Real Laoislad

When I saw the thread title I thought it was another thread about Roy Keane leaving Ipswich
You'll Never Walk Alone.

leaveherinsir

Here was me thinking, not another Roy Keane thread!! ;)

Hardy

This is not another Roy Keane thread, is it?

seafoid

I would feel very let down if i were a FF plod in Clare who canvassed with Tony Killeen or one in Meath with Dempsey.

Declan

Quotewho knows maybe their replacements will be more honourable people.

Contradiction in terms when they are from Fianna Fail

Zapatista

We had our chances and blew them. We can still punish the party but my guess is that won't happen either.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Zapatista on January 07, 2011, 11:45:00 AM
We had our chances and blew them. We can still punish the party but my guess is that won't happen either.
You reckon they'll maintain a decent support? The people would be nuts to give them any sort of mandate. If I was a voter in the south I'd want them destroyed.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: comethekingdom on January 06, 2011, 09:57:53 PM
Reports this evening that there will be only about 60 sitting FF TD's heading into the next election.
Looks like some of these gangsters/parasites havent even the balls to face the electorate and take the hiding that they deserve. Instead they are retiring for various " health/family/personal" reasons and laughing and sniggering at us all with their self imposed pension entitelements and severance payoffs etc. It makes me sick I'll tell ya.  >:( >:(
My guess is that there will be considerably less than 60 when the fun begins.
Just wait until the full extent of the budget cuts become clear. Most ministers know they will never plant their asses on a cabinet seat again so they may as well get out now. I kinda feel sorry for a lot of the backbenchers.
Most of them are gobshites okay but they had no say in banjaxing the country. They are the ones who will takes the abuse and probably lose their seats while the Biffo and his accomplices will probably scrape back in.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

Quote from: Zapatista on January 07, 2011, 11:45:00 AM

Do you think so?  They get a later election but is it going to make any difference ?
The country is ruined. There is no positive spin they can put on that. 

magpie seanie

Quote from: Zapatista on January 07, 2011, 12:18:40 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 07, 2011, 11:49:20 AM
You reckon they'll maintain a decent support? The people would be nuts to give them any sort of mandate. If I was a voter in the south I'd want them destroyed.

Yip. I'd imagine a percentage in the low to mid 20s. The logic of the voter and the FF politician is that it wasn't our/their fault. We're the new improved FF. Them Ministers are to blame and I told them so at the time. etc. Add  to that the many FF/Independents and you're not doing to bad. Even disgraced ex-Minister Willie O'Dea will sail home.

I doubt if they'll be in Government but they will prob be the main opposition party (that'll teach them).

Anyone know John O'Donaghue's plans? I take it he isn't automatically returned....

Interesting, though not surprising, that you pick out Willie O'Dea and his misdemeanours when the country is financially crippled.

Banana Man

i actually reckon this is a FF ploy, the big offenders or who the public would perceive to be have been identified by the party. They have said to themselves, if we get rid of them, replace with fresh blood and promise sweeping changes, starting with the clearout then the people might believe us. It could be a very savvy move, also it could be me giving them far to much credit....